d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > User Blogs > My Exercise Tracker
12Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 45,015.90
Warn: 20%
Jul 18 2014 12:32am
Hello everyone! If you already know my story then thank you for your support, but for those reading for the first time I will share my story!

I've been quite overweight my entire life. It all came to a climax back at the end of February this year when I went to the doctor and I found out I had gained a very significant amount of weight since starting my work at the bank, and combine that sedentary bit with trying to replace the alcoholism void with food - it was bad. I got myself to the highest weight of my life at 357 pounds.

I decided it's time for a change. I started off with a very drastic change in diet (With the assistance of my doctor and professional advice), which I tracked in my previous blog.

For reference: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=70276082&f=276

Since the beginning of March I have so far lost 52 pounds since my last weigh in which was one month ago, so my total to date isnt quite determined right now, my next weigh in is on the 28th.

Anyways, I figured I've gotten myself to a point I don't need to track or hold myself accountable for my diet anymore, I've gotten myself in a great routine of eating healthy; I have a detailed bit in my previous blogs last post in this regard. Lately I've been getting more active to team up with the diet change. But activity is still a struggle for me, so now I have this fancy dancy activity blog!!

I'm going to be shooting for roughly 5 hours a week to start. Just to get me in the habit of dedicating time to my cause and then hopefully build off of that.

Thanks for following if you do. And I hope to inspire some others! If you have a struggle with your weight or just want to get out and be more active feel free to shoot me a message and we can help keep each other motivated!

Jul 18 2014 12:41am
Sunday night:

Did 0.3 KM run, not jog, run lol. My lungs were going to fall out. And then I walked 2.2 km. My normal trail is distanced out at 2.5 km almost exactly so youll see this number come up often, or multiple of it hah. Took me about 30 minutes.

Monday night:

0.5 km jog, 1.5 km walk, 0.5 km jog - total of about 25 minutes

Tuesday:

Went and watched a friend play ball and then we took our dogs for 8 laps around the track at the school by my place. Her app showed it was 3.3 KM and 45 minutes.

Wednesday:

Ive lost a lot of weight but im still 305 pounds lol, so the jog on Sunday and Monday and the longer walk on Tuesday has my ankle really sore, so I did a 2.5 km walk and called it quits cause it was swelling up.

Took me about 45 minutes though cause I had my dog and a shelter dog with me. I can walk faster when its just me and my dog cause I can leave her off the leash, but when I have the shelter dogs I keep them leashed so I have to tug at them and stuff lol

Tonight:

Did two laps around my normal trail for 5 km which took me a little over an hour. I did the trail once, stopped home for a few hoots and some water and let the dog get a drink, then did the trail in reverse. Just felt like going again lol.

So far this week im at about 3 and a half hours. Im definitely going swimming this weekend, ill probably go out for a couple opf hours so I think I got this week on lock hah
Jul 21 2014 07:20pm
ok so Friday I went for a swim after work,w ent out for 90 minutes but I took a fwe breaks, so we`ll say an hour.

Same thing with Saturday, out there for 90 mins but took a few breaks, so say another hour.

So last week had a total of 5.5 hours, SWEET!

This week:

So far nothing lol. Yesterday I was lazy and just watched South Park for a solid 8 hours lol.

Tonight I will be doing a double walk I think, to make up for yesterday. I shall update when I get back.
Jul 23 2014 10:40pm
Both Monday and Tuesday I did my trail twice so 5 km each day which was an hour each, about to go for a walk but my hip is feelin pretty bad so im gonna shoot for the double but hopefully my leg doesnt feel too bad
Jul 25 2014 12:21am
Yesterday and today both as well did 5 km!! My legs are sore im going to relax in a hot tub this weekend lol

So that puts me at 4 hours, so as long as I do an hour between tomorrow and Friday I hit my goal for the 2nd week!!

Excited for my weigh in on Monday :O
Jul 28 2014 06:00pm
I suppose I meant "tomorrow and Saturday" in my last post hah! Which actually didnt happen :(, unless you call drinking beers in a hot tub strenuous activity :O

SO my updated weigh in was TODAY and, drum roll please, ..........

so that puts me to -57, id have definitely liked to see double digits but it just wasnt in the cards... ill have to watch my diet harder this time around!!
Jul 29 2014 12:58am
So this week is starting off strong! I was at the lake yesterday and did a bunch of walking around and swam for a solid 45 mins so we'll call it an overall hour. Mind you I wasnt eating the best, buddy had his deep fryer out for his birthday lol - anyways...

Today just got back from my 5K, did some HIIT, or a bastardized version of it at least. Out for an hour.
Aug 5 2014 11:49am
ok so did 5 KM on Monday as I said, then Tue and Wed as well, and now im on the road until like the 11th so yeah...

The last 3 days I have managed to get some really good swims in though. My entire body ACHES lol
Aug 12 2014 06:54pm
So the weekend was spent recovering from drinking all last week while I was on vacation lolol, but I did do a bunch of swimming and hiking through the forest as well. Didnt really keep track of anything though.

Back to normal this week though and now no time off until November so I have 3 months to bunk down and hopefully lose 20 or 30 lbs in 3 months, HOPEFULLYYYY!!!!!

Last night I did 5K as usual, didnt really run though. Just finished off the last few blocks with a run but 98% of it was a brisk walk lol.
Tonight ill probably do a bit more jogging. I plan on doing another 5K tonight, if I get bored maybe even 7.5 or 10. WE SHALL SEEEEEEEEEEE...
Aug 14 2014 09:43pm
Tuesday I did a solid 5K 15-20 minutes faster than I nomally do (Took 50 mins, usually takes me 1:05-1:10). Fuckin went hard. My legs were sore after lol Ran as much of it as I physically could before my legs cramped up.

Last night I ended up hanging out with my brother cause hes been gone for about a month so we went out for supper and a few beers, ended up not going out for anything lol but it was good to visit.

Right now, even at 9:45 PM, it was +32 C with the humidex - so this walk is gonna suck.... but ill tough it out lol im just getting ready to go walk 5K. Not running due to the heat!

Go Back To User Blogs Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic