d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > FPS & Battle Royale > Call of Duty Series > Bo2 Vs Ghost
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Trade New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,910.00
Jul 18 2014 12:02pm
Quote (OtterJethro @ Jul 17 2014 08:08pm)
Ou on 360 or the one?

I have a one, but haven't bought ghosts for it, so I just play on 360.

Quote (bradp89 @ Jul 17 2014 10:02pm)
Yeah, I think you're right. I think it's mostly the damage drop off that is a lot different in this game. I have the first few DLC's. Haven't been on to grab the latest one though.

The second DLC has a dome remake in it, so I don't even plan on DLing it..haha.
Gold: 1,294.38
Jul 18 2014 01:43pm
call of doodoo
Gold: 0.37
Jul 19 2014 12:26pm
Quote (ericswanson_19 @ Jul 18 2014 12:02pm)
I have a one, but haven't bought ghosts for it, so I just play on 360.

The second DLC has a dome remake in it, so I don't even plan on DLing it..haha.

I like the dome remake more than I ever liked dome. The crane and alien gun is gay as fuck though. I never played search on it so I can't speak for that.
Gold: 198.02
Jul 19 2014 06:27pm
Black ops 1 was amazing :)
Gold: 72.00
Jul 23 2014 10:50pm
Quote (ericswanson_19 @ Jul 17 2014 09:32am)
I can only comment on SnD, because from what I've heard about ghosts maps for respawn, they're shit, but SnD plays infinitely better on ghosts, even with amplify and riot shields.

Ghosts connection, hit detection, and animation straight up outclass BO2, as well as any treyarch game. I have 6 days played on ghosts and I've died to lag less than 5 times, whereas BO2 is choppy as fuck.

I will say you're not going to get better at CoD still playing BO2 unless you at least stick to league play. BO2 is full of trickshotters and trolls, so it's quite easy. Virtually every game of SnD on ghosts has tryhards. I find that more enjoyable.

I play a lot of competitive SND (Gamebattles, UMGs, ect.) and SND is honestly horrible. 3 of the 4 competitive maps are so unbalanced that it is almost impossible to make a move on offense. Octane especially is very Smoke/Sniper oriented and is almost unplayable. Freight is so Defense balanced because if you get control of Red (The 3rd story building) you can't get them to plant A Bomb & then force them to go B which is all the way across the map into the other teams spawn and if you cross people who have control of Red can easily spot you and pick you off. Sovereign is horrible because it's all shotguns which is very frustrating to try and get the bomb planted in B. Warhawk is pretty unbalanced as well but is probably the most fun/better of the maps for SND. On the other hand Black ops 2 is very good with SND. Very balanced I find and all you need to do to win a round is Gain map control & Get the right picks. anyways that is my rant as I just played Ghosts and got extremely frustrated LOL
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jul 23 2014 11:06pm
Quote (JWZ619 @ Jul 23 2014 08:50pm)
I play a lot of competitive SND (Gamebattles, UMGs, ect.) and SND is honestly horrible. 3 of the 4 competitive maps are so unbalanced that it is almost impossible to make a move on offense. Octane especially is very Smoke/Sniper oriented and is almost unplayable. Freight is so Defense balanced because if you get control of Red (The 3rd story building) you can't get them to plant A Bomb & then force them to go B which is all the way across the map into the other teams spawn and if you cross people who have control of Red can easily spot you and pick you off. Sovereign is horrible because it's all shotguns which is very frustrating to try and get the bomb planted in B. Warhawk is pretty unbalanced as well but is probably the most fun/better of the maps for SND. On the other hand Black ops 2 is very good with SND. Very balanced I find and all you need to do to win a round is Gain map control & Get the right picks. anyways that is my rant as I just played Ghosts and got extremely frustrated LOL

this lol.

I maxed out on xp for ghost and don't plan on ever coming back.

I feel it was the nail in the coffin for the series.. Hopefully Destiny will be good :D
Gold: 1,550.01
Jul 24 2014 12:20am
Quote (JWZ619 @ Jul 23 2014 09:50pm)

Bo2 are awful for SnD
Gold: 55.00
Jul 24 2014 06:25am
Quote (JWZ619 @ Jul 23 2014 11:50pm)

aint too bad. you cant play reckless anymore like in the previous cods lol.
Gold: 4,910.00
Jul 24 2014 11:10am
Quote (JWZ619 @ Jul 23 2014 10:50pm)

I strictly play pubs, not even CvC/LP (I got masters once, but that's about it), but I do watch most of the competitive events, so I can understand where you're coming from. The competitive maps don't provide any incentive for defense to ever cross the threshold of the map, but there are multiple other pub maps on ghosts that force defense to actually move for map control, which I find enjoyable. When it comes to BO2 SnD there's still no incentive for defense to cross the threshold on express, standoff, raid, aftermath and especially slums, although that list has some of my favorite maps for pubs. I blame the playstyle of competitive (camping with ARs/thermal snipers) to be to blame. I don't see a huge difference across the franchise when it comes to how passive pros play in SnD. I think if blast shield, tac mask, and trophy systems were never added, then the franchise would be much better off.. then at least the campers would be punished for lingering too long. I think the main problem with ghosts is the removal of CTF and no hardpoint. BO2 competitive playlist was amazing to play and watch.

Regardless of all the different aspects of the game.. at least ghost's bullets do what I tell them, unlike BO2.

This post was edited by ericswanson_19 on Jul 24 2014 11:11am
Gold: 72.00
Jul 24 2014 11:17pm
Quote (OtterJethro @ Jul 24 2014 02:20am)
Bo2 are awful for SnD

Quote (ericswanson_19 @ Jul 24 2014 01:10pm)
I strictly play pubs, not even CvC/LP (I got masters once, but that's about it), but I do watch most of the competitive events, so I can understand where you're coming from. The competitive maps don't provide any incentive for defense to ever cross the threshold of the map, but there are multiple other pub maps on ghosts that force defense to actually move for map control, which I find enjoyable. When it comes to BO2 SnD there's still no incentive for defense to cross the threshold on express, standoff, raid, aftermath and especially slums, although that list has some of my favorite maps for pubs. I blame the playstyle of competitive (camping with ARs/thermal snipers) to be to blame. I don't see a huge difference across the franchise when it comes to how passive pros play in SnD. I think if blast shield, tac mask, and trophy systems were never added, then the franchise would be much better off.. then at least the campers would be punished for lingering too long. I think the main problem with ghosts is the removal of CTF and no hardpoint. BO2 competitive playlist was amazing to play and watch.

Regardless of all the different aspects of the game.. at least ghost's bullets do what I tell them, unlike BO2.

Bo2 was great for SND imo. It wasn't filled with LMGS (although once NaDeSHoT used the LMG with thermal on standoff you know everyone else did too LOL), It wasn't filled with smoke grenades just to obtain map control/ get a pick, I found it hard yes to play offense but with the right strategy and the ability of your Gunskill or nadeshots you would be able to get the pick and have an advantage. I can't say for the other maps on ghosts because all I really do is play cvc or private matches so I won't try and argue or say anything because you definitely have more experience in that. I also agree with you on the removal of CTF/Hardpoint was a big problem for infinity ward not making the game look interesting to watch. When I honestly watch a competitive domination game I yawn because it's so slow and not even as fast paced as hardpoint was. Although I do disagree with the playstyle of passive pros. I think if blast shield, tac mask, trophys weren't added the game would end up a lot slower because if they tried rushing ANYTHING they'd be stunned/Naded so they would have to play more passive. Also on BO2 you had the EMP grenade so you could easily take out the trophies and stun/nade them to at least weaken them (including the EMP nade because it does flash and hurt you). But yea the hit detection is better on ghosts but it doesn't even take skill to get kills you die way too fast. Black ops 2 you had at least a little bit of a chance to react in the game

Quote (DannieRiel @ Jul 24 2014 08:25am)
aint too bad. you cant play reckless anymore like in the previous cods lol.

I would like to disagree with you on this one just because it seems like the more reckless you are in Ghosts the more you win. I can't tell you how many times I've lost to people because I had no idea what they were doing. they looked like a Chicken with their head cut off and it just somehow worked it's incredible lol
Go Back To Call of Duty Series Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Trade New Topic New Poll