d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 3 > D3 Discussion > Ros Monk Build Compilation > Let's See It!
Prev1234275Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,989.01
Apr 2 2014 11:46am
Healing is low, but globes drop enough, and pots are 60%. Most the time my loh is sufficient for me to facetank anything on t1. I find regen on gear to be insignificant to life pool. 500 life a second on a piece of gear is .1% of my entire pool. 10 seconds for 1%? No thanks, I'd rather be tankier. There's only 5 slots I'd even consider having regen on: chest, pants, shoulders, belt, boots, and I'm using % skill on boots for now. Even 2k regen is weak when I can hit once and get more than that per enemy hit. But not everyone has max loh from paragon...

I'm not saying regen is bad, but if you have 400k+ life, the amount of regen you need to be more useful than flat damage reduction is high.

LoH on weapons is decent. Currently using 8% cost reduction on TF, more LTK spam.

This post was edited by MeteorKing on Apr 2 2014 11:51am
Gold: 1,107.01
Apr 2 2014 12:02pm
Quote (KimSulki84 @ Apr 2 2014 01:36pm)
See? I'm still no where up to date on the new skills. haha

I didn't know globe bonus scales with Transcendence. Will try it out.

I still have to mess with some more enchanting to get the AR up couple hundred more.

EDIT: Wow Transcendence will give me shitload of sustain per second.

That's some serious numbers.

What do you think about the HP pool size? If I remember correctly, you don't have high healing, yes?

Just trying to see how effective healing stats are against raw Toughness stats.

I have around 50k bonus to health globes and i find Transden to be enuff , I think im gunna drop LoH and start focusin on stacking bonus to health globes and Cooldown Reduction to get try and get perma Epiph or as close as i can get lol but then again Resource reduction cost be deadly too , spamming more LTK , man the changes on this game are awesome so many options lol

LoH and LpS just dont seem like they do much to me mainly cuz my Health is 300+k and my LoH is ~1k-2k , would have to be alotta hits to bring my life back from 100k --> 300k

QUESTION : What do u guys find to be best the Spirit Re generator ? I like WoTf for the extra APS but hopefully be at 2+ aps with my new wepon

This post was edited by The_Don on Apr 2 2014 12:03pm
Apr 2 2014 12:06pm
I enjoy Crippling Wave. AOE, CC, good damage. That being said, I've been known to use 100 fists with Holy builds.
Gold: 137,706.00
Apr 2 2014 12:09pm
Quote (MeteorKing @ Apr 2 2014 10:46am)
Healing is low, but globes drop enough,  and pots are 60%. Most the time my loh is sufficient for me to facetank anything on t1.  I find regen on gear to be insignificant to life pool. 500 life a second on a piece of gear is .1% of my entire pool. 10 seconds for 1%? No thanks, I'd rather be tankier. There's only 5 slots I'd even consider having regen on: chest, pants, shoulders, belt,  boots, and I'm using % skill on boots for now. Even 2k regen is weak when I can hit once and get more than that per enemy hit. But not everyone has max loh from paragon...

I'm not saying regen is bad,  but if you have 400k+ life,  the amount of regen you need to be more useful than flat damage reduction is high.

LoH on weapons is decent. Currently using 8% cost reduction on TF, more LTK spam.

Quote (The_Don @ Apr 2 2014 11:02am)
I have around 50k bonus to health globes and i find Transden to be enuff , I think im gunna drop LoH and start focusin on stacking bonus to health globes and Cooldown Reduction to get try and get perma Epiph or as close as i can get lol but then again Resource reduction cost be deadly too , spamming more LTK , man the changes on this game are awesome so many options lol

LoH and LpS just dont seem like they do much to me mainly cuz my Health is 300+k and my LoH is ~1k-2k , would have to be alotta hits to bring my life back from 100k --> 300k

QUESTION : What do u guys find to be best the Spirit Re generator ? I like WoTf for the extra APS but hopefully be at 2+ aps with my new wepon

Awesome. Thanks for the insight guys. Makes sense. :)

I've been going back and forth between Crippling Wave and Deadly Reach. Seems like FoT was substantially nerfed for RoS?
Gold: 27.00
Apr 2 2014 12:30pm
Quote (KimSulki84 @ Apr 2 2014 12:39pm)
Question,

Let say I stack some LPSS. And I have some resource reduction mods.

Does anyone know if the LPSS takes the pre-reduced spirit number to calculate the life?

To respond to this - resource reduction mods do not affect LPSS, from what I can tell.

Cooldown reduction w/ around 600 LPSS (600 * 40 = 24000 health per LTK or 600 * 50 = 30000 per mantra pop) should be pretty formidable. It is easy to get to 600 if you plan gear out accordingly - health globes bonus on gear should be more than enough to hit 500, then with weapons and inna bonus, it gets up there. Would be pretty intense if someone got up to 1000 LPSS (which I'm not sure is totally possible).

As with all regen, it becomes less effective the more HP. The monks I play with have either been low HP, high regen, high mitigation, or high HP, low/no regen, high mitigation.

With that much HP, I suspect healing globe bonus and range would be more beneficial than anything else.

Either way, both require mitigation, and I look at that as the 70/70 rule. 70% mitigation with armor, and 70% mitigation with resists. I have played around with 60/80 and that seems to work, but having to enchant your resist is imo a waste.
Apr 2 2014 12:37pm
Quote (KimSulki84 @ Apr 2 2014 01:09pm)
Awesome. Thanks for the insight guys. Makes sense. :)

I've been going back and forth between Crippling Wave and Deadly Reach. Seems like FoT was substantially nerfed for RoS?

Deadly Reach is okay. For me it didn't do enough damage to be great. Crippling Wave: Mangle does 200+ fire damage, and adding 30% from pants and belt, as well as +fire dmg from rings, amulet, helm, gloves, bracers, chest, your applied DPS can be really wild.
Apr 2 2014 12:49pm
I think it's possible to get 1k LPSS. You would be a god.

50k globe is 200 on Transcendence. 50 from Transcendence itself. Inna set, spirit stone and two fists should bring up the rest of the way. Damage, socket, dex, LPSS on both weps. Dex, vit, LPSS, crit on spirit stone. Not much sacrifice.

This post was edited by MeteorKing on Apr 2 2014 12:52pm
Apr 2 2014 12:57pm
Quote (MeteorKing @ Apr 2 2014 01:49pm)
I think it's possible to get 1k LPSS. You would be a god.

50k globe is 200 on Transcendence.  50 from Transcendence itself. Inna set, spirit stone and two fists should bring up the rest of the way. Damage,  socket,  dex,  LPSS on both weps. Dex, vit, LPSS, crit on spirit stone. Not much sacrifice.

50 not from transcendence... its like 248... unless my screen is broke.
Gold: 6,538.60
Apr 2 2014 12:58pm
Here are my stats:

Toughness ... 6M
Healing ........ 33k
Life .............. 340k
All res .......... 1000
Amour ......... 7100
Life regen .... 20K
LoH ............. 4k
Lpss............. 147
Globe bonus .. 28k
940k dmg

Ancient Parthan defender bracers:
" Each stunned enemy within 25 yards reduces your damage taken by 12% "

I jump into enemies and stun them using LTK - (stun ruin) and cyclone strike.
I can stun a crap load of enemies and spam LTK ... critting over 9M and taking minimum or no dmg. Seems to work on ground effects and arcanes. Just avoid frozen.
Enemies are almost perma stunned.

Gold: 656.00
Apr 2 2014 02:08pm
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Benny-1272/hero/41785491
Almost all my pieces are enchanted so the stats are way off, but i have about 810k sheet dps right now and 8m toughness. About 1200 res all with OWE.

I'm still using a level 60 "low level" legendary spirit stone with a near perfect roll on the LTK fireball unique passive (399% out of 350-400% range according to d3 website) that I based my build on. My build is focused around spamming LTK as much as possible, hence the air ally, circular breathing on MoH, and Exalted Soul. I'm using +fire% damage but only have about +32% right now, although I found an SoJ last night with +20% holy damage that i might try to re-roll into +fire% damage and use that instead because it also has +25% damage vs elites that should really help. Anyway I play my monk almost like a "caster" that can face tank elites, Flaming Spin Kick crits from 7-10m and the fireball from the spirit stone crits too for about 4-6m so if I get an LTK that crits both the fireball and Flaming Spin Kick I can get pretty great damage. If I need healing + instant spirit regen I pop epiphany and spam LTK. If I need instant spirit I pop my air ally who's also a great tank. If I run out of spirit and I'm also low on health I dash out and wait for my spirit regen to give me some spirit so i can spam LTK again.

Currently, I can steamroll through T1 without any real problems and I haven't actually tried T2 but I suspect it shouldn't be that much more difficult. T3 might take too long to be efficient, but I'll have to try it at some point. My chest, leg, and bracers could all definitely use an upgrade and my weapon DPS isn't that great so those are the upgrades I'm looking forward to the most. And though I have great trifecta gloves I'd be ecstatic if I found trifecta magefists. Also if I found the level 70 version of my current spirit stone so that I could get about 300 more dex, that'd be great too though I doubt I'd find one with the same near perfect "fireball" damage stat. I suppose you could replace Flaming Spin Kick with Vulture Claw in this build but I like being given the option to run around and kite mobs with ranged spells like a Wiz or DH if need be. :)

Go Back To D3 Discussion Topic List
Prev1234275Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll