d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Alvl85 Mfing Guide > This is the guide
Prev123425Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Mar 25 2007 09:25am
i dont like the amazone cause it is tooooooo slow.. but at cow level they're fun smile.gif mani.
Gold: 50.00
Mar 25 2007 01:45pm
Its good to see this thread being read.

As far as the "i dont like zons" comment. Thats fine. You dont have to build a zon to do the lvl85 areas. be just like everyone else and build a hdin or a blizz sorc. There is nothing wrong with being a lemming. Just watch out for that cliff.
Gold: 17.00
Mar 26 2007 12:24am
Very thorough...awesome.
Gold: 11,331.67
Mar 26 2007 04:13am
You got it done wub.gif. GZ. Haven`t read it yet though.

Gold: 8,860.00
Mar 26 2007 04:18am
Quote (The_Morpheus @ Sun, 25 Mar 2007, 19:45)
Its good to see this thread being read.

As far as the "i dont like zons" comment. Thats fine. You dont have to build a zon to do the lvl85 areas. be just like everyone else and build a hdin or a blizz sorc. There is nothing wrong with being a lemming. Just watch out for that cliff.

laugh.gif

I liked the guide. I havn't seen someone post such an in-depth guide before ohmy.gif Cept maybe Corzors light sorc one.

I must say, it was a bitch to read. Maybe using bolds/colors would make it a bit easier to read and follow. Perhaps just bolding/underlining the item names would be good.

I made my first ever bowazon on HC, i used Faith GMB *lemming ftw* but i used shako, and had double uppd WW in my stash, with shael + Lo rune happy.gif
Mar 26 2007 06:59am
Unfortunatly M$ Word formatting does not carry over into these forums. The MFing chance to drop and the formulas are all spaced out and tabbed out nicely in the .doc file. When I posted it, I had to get it up quick as I had to leave the house right away. Since I do not have the power to go back and fix the readability, I can ask one of the mods to correct this for me, plz.

Being a lemming is not all that bad. The guide was written towards someone just picking up the game and starting out with absolutly nothing. It is this reason why the WWS is so prominetly mentioned here. It is a great bow and if that is the best the new player can find, so be it. That is all one really needs to fininsh the game. CtC amp damage for second place behind Windforce!
Gold: 1,211.69
Mar 26 2007 07:32am
Gz for an excellent guide.

I'm sure other people have / will mention this... but I don't really understand why u chose a ama. - Imo Ama is hard when u start out as it is extremely reliant on a decent bow. If you want to avoid the 'lemming' builds but still be able to run these levels easily, I would go for the summon necro. - imo this is the easiest char to start out with as items make very little difference to them.

This is only an alternative opinion, in no way is this a flame, well done for creating one of the best guides I have ever seen on jsp. smile.gif
Mar 26 2007 09:10am
Quote (arranged_Bullet @ Mon, Mar 26 2007, 01:32pm)
Gz for an excellent guide.

I'm sure other people have / will mention this... but I don't really understand why u chose a ama. - Imo Ama is hard when u start out as it is extremely reliant on a decent bow. If you want to avoid the 'lemming' builds but still be able to run these levels easily, I would go for the summon necro. - imo this is the easiest char to start out with as items make very little difference to them.

This is only an alternative opinion, in no way is this a flame, well done for creating one of the best guides I have ever seen on jsp. smile.gif

I chose an amazon as she is one of the few characters that can do hell chaos games without fear. If her merc dies to IM who cares? If the valk dies to IM, just cast another one. Critters getting to close to you, run backwards and place a decoy in front of you. Zons can also clear the pits with ease as there is really nothing too threatening. The most important piece of the build is not the bow really. You MUST have a delirium hat to be absolutly safe clearing any part of the game. Since HRs are so cheap now, it wount take long to MF NM Meph to find something that you can trade for the ist and lem. Besides, if you do him enough, maybe the lem + io will drop there. There is just no substitute for a delirium hat. If you have never seen one in action in a chaos game, PM me for1 free chaos run.

Sure the zon relys on a bow a great deal, however, most people do not realize how awesome a WWS truely is. I can usually find some one giving one of these away! Hell, in a period of 3 days i found 2x with perf ED. And since no one realizes how awesome they are, you can get them for cheap. With its 2os, it is completely customizeable to match your characters needs. And for the price of a Hel run, it can grow with your character.

Besides, starting out, all you need is a 3os bow that you can stuff gems into. There really is not anything better to get in normal than a 3os bow with some gems stuffed in there. Ignore all the ED jewels and whatnot. Elemental damage rules in normal games.

This post was edited by The_Morpheus on Mar 26 2007 09:11am
Gold: 23,696.00
Mar 27 2007 07:49am
i like it a lot, but i would like to know where you got your table for the mf% and what the percent chances of magic, rare, unique, set and rare items. i would be curious to know your source because there is a table i will post the link to that has significantly different numbers. it may be a change from the 1.11 patch, but i would still be curious as to your source.
Mar 27 2007 10:46am
Quote (The_Morpheus @ Sat, Mar 24 2007, 11:29pm)
i. 50% MF = 50% magical, 46% rare, 45% set, and 41% unique
ii. 100%MF = 100% magical, 85% rare, 83% set, and 71% unique
iii. 150%MF = 150% magical, 120% rare, 115% set, and 93% unique
iv. 200%MF = 200% magical, 150% rare, 142% set, and 111% unique my recommendation for best kill speed and amount of MF.
v. 250%MF = 250% magical, 176% rare, 166% set, and 125% unique
vi. 300%MF = 300% magical, 200% rare, 187% set, and 136% unique
vii. 350%MF = 350% magical, 221% rare, 205% set, and 145% unique
viii. 400%MF = 400% magical, 240% rare, 222% set, and 153% unique
ix. 500%MF = 500% magical, 272% rare, 250% set, and 166% unique
x. 600%MF = 600% magical, 300% rare, 272% set, and 176% unique
xi. 700%MF = 700% magical, 323% rare, 291% set, and 184% unique
xii. 800%MF = 800% magical, 342% rare, 307% set, and 190% unique
xiii. 900%MF = 900% magical, 360% rare, 321% set, and 195% unique
xiv. 1000%MF = 1000% magical, 375% rare, 333% set, and 200% unique

Those numbers? Those numbers, and all of the chance to drop numbers come from ATMA's 1.11b drop calculator. I have seen some other calculators out there. I would not trust any other calculator simply because the ATMA calculator uses the actual in game files to determine what can drop and how often. This is why when searching in normal and NM modes, uber diablo shows up as a possible drop location. It is in the game code for uber d to exist in norm and NM, however there is a line of code that precedes this stating that if it is not a hell game, he cannot spawn.

Edit: taking a closer look at those numbers makes me wonder why anything unique drops at all. I mean to put on 1000MF just to have 3x the possible chance at a uniqe from a monster is crazy! Most monsters have a 1% or less chance at dropping a unique. So even if you were to walk around with 1000MF on and killed monsters like mad, each one would only give you a 3% chance at a unique.

I guess that is why the harping on patience is in there. Sure the zon is not the uber fast killer. Who cares how long it takes you to run if you never run the risk of dying? Get in there and kill stuff over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over until your eyes bleed from staring at the stupit outer cloister waypoint!

This post was edited by The_Morpheus on Mar 27 2007 10:51am
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev123425Next
Closed New Topic New Poll