d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official Fantasy Football -> Ask For Advice Thread > Let's Try And Consolidate Everything
Prev1118211831184118511861913Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 707.13
Aug 11 2017 01:06pm
Keeper league

I have Howard Perkins OBJ Hilton and Jaquizz

my first pick I have allen Watkins Lynch mixon probably there for me
who should I take

half pt ppr

qb
2x rb
3xwr
flex
te
defense
kicker
Gold: 1,533.81
Aug 11 2017 01:40pm
Quote (stuartg85 @ Aug 11 2017 02:03pm)
yeah, just realized i'm only in 10 and 12 man leagues this year (was thinking eli for my 16 man but people quit), so eli still isn't gonna be on my radar lol

you think on zeke? 6 games is almost half the fantasy season. typically you need to be 8-5 at worst to get into the playoffs and if you go 3-3 while he's out you're banking on a 5-2 or better finish... and that's IF you can go 3-3 without a 1st round pick

lets be real (i haven't done analysis but logically i assume this must be the case) your drafted team most heavily impacts you early in the year. those random jordan howards of the world don't come out until halfway through once injuries kick in. so going 3-3 vs full strength drafted teams in the first six weeks of the year is asking a lot

i'd probably take zeke late second, but not a chance in the first. think of it this way, bell was dropping to borderline rd1/2 last year and he was suspended what, 2 or 3 games?

Yea i hear you on Zeke and the early games of the year are pretty big... especially because it relies on how well your early rounds went ( typically )

I think its a definite risk to take him in RD1, the way i was looking at it... if I had the 12th pick in my 12man, i'd take him with either the 12th or the 1st in RD2. I dont think he lasts until RD3, solely due to his production last year. Its risky there too, but who else would be on the board that could even match that production? Seems like the RB position isn't as top heavy as it has been in past years. Its Bell/DJ/Zeke and then a decent drop off, unless one of the vets has a monster year like lynch, ap, jc.

It'll be interesting lol
Gold: 13,750.00
Aug 11 2017 01:47pm
Quote (Garz97 @ Aug 11 2017 02:40pm)
Yea i hear you on Zeke and the early games of the year are pretty big... especially because it relies on how well your early rounds went ( typically )

I think its a definite risk to take him in RD1, the way i was looking at it... if I had the 12th pick in my 12man, i'd take him with either the 12th or the 1st in RD2. I dont think he lasts until RD3, solely due to his production last year. Its risky there too, but who else would be on the board that could even match that production? Seems like the RB position isn't as top heavy as it has been in past years. Its Bell/DJ/Zeke and then a decent drop off, unless one of the vets has a monster year like lynch, ap, jc.

It'll be interesting lol

lynch at least has his own backfield, the other raiders kids haven't really impressed in the past (but he's been out a year)

pretty sure JC and AP are in pretty heavy rbbc situations now. you've got cj anderson with jc and you've got ingram with ap who are both capable runners

and i agree, i feel zeke goes before the end of rd2, my thought would be he's in the pick 18-22 range, but who knows

if he's there round 3 i'd snag him immediately, but it's hard to imagine going 3-3 without a top 1-2 pick

and again, that's all assuming he comes back and is immediately a stud again (no reason to doubt it, but still, sophomore slump can hit)

honestly i'm praying i'm pick 1 or 2 so i can get bell or DJ and then maybe, just maybe, get zeke in round 3
Gold: 16.80
Aug 11 2017 02:00pm
Quote (Garz97 @ Aug 11 2017 12:39pm)
I'd go Winston over Eli... i think Winstons INT's drop this year because he doesnt have to literally force the ball to a double covered evans anymore. I think he'll see a nice bump in stats this year like Mariota had last year.

If i end up with a late first round pick, and hes still on the board ill really think about taking him. Especially if i have the 11/12 pick, since i know ill be up next anyway to get another solid guy. I still dont think he falls past rd1 in deep leagues of 10/12+

The team you draft just has to go atleast .500 for that stretch and youre golden when he comes back.

They still don't have a decent run game.

Quote (stuartg85 @ Aug 11 2017 01:03pm)
yeah, just realized i'm only in 10 and 12 man leagues this year (was thinking eli for my 16 man but people quit), so eli still isn't gonna be on my radar lol

you think on zeke? 6 games is almost half the fantasy season. typically you need to be 8-5 at worst to get into the playoffs and if you go 3-3 while he's out you're banking on a 5-2 or better finish... and that's IF you can go 3-3 without a 1st round pick

lets be real (i haven't done analysis but logically i assume this must be the case) your drafted team most heavily impacts you early in the year. those random jordan howards of the world don't come out until halfway through once injuries kick in. so going 3-3 vs full strength drafted teams in the first six weeks of the year is asking a lot

i'd probably take zeke late second, but not a chance in the first. think of it this way, bell was dropping to borderline rd1/2 last year and he was suspended what, 2 or 3 games?

That's fine. I'll grab up Eli in the super late rounds and laugh my ass all the way to the 3rd place game where I lose.
Aug 12 2017 11:05am
Quote (Gangbang @ Aug 11 2017 03:00pm)
They still don't have a decent run game.

That's fine. I'll grab up Eli in the super late rounds and laugh my ass all the way to the 3rd place game where I lose.

Neither do the Giants.
Aug 12 2017 12:39pm
Quote (Garz97 @ Aug 12 2017 11:05am)
Neither do the Giants.

Correct. But the Giants havnt had a good run game in a long time. Eli throws 45 times a game and has 2 #1 wide recievers catching the ball this year. Who are you putting 1 guy on? And if you double both that makes it so a kid with Downs like Stuart could rush the ball for 4 yards a carry.

Quote (stuartg85 @ Aug 11 2017 01:47pm)
lynch at least has his own backfield, the other raiders kids haven't really impressed in the past (but he's been out a year)

pretty sure JC and AP are in pretty heavy rbbc situations now. you've got cj anderson with jc and you've got ingram with ap who are both capable runners

and i agree, i feel zeke goes before the end of rd2, my thought would be he's in the pick 18-22 range, but who knows

if he's there round 3 i'd snag him immediately, but it's hard to imagine going 3-3 without a top 1-2 pick

and again, that's all assuming he comes back and is immediately a stud again (no reason to doubt it, but still, sophomore slump can hit)

honestly i'm praying i'm pick 1 or 2 so i can get bell or DJ and then maybe, just maybe, get zeke in round 3

You guys just think zeke is gonna take this lying down?
Aug 13 2017 01:43am
Quote (Gangbang @ Aug 12 2017 01:39pm)
Correct. But the Giants havnt had a good run game in a long time. Eli throws 45 times a game and has 2 #1 wide recievers catching the ball this year. Who are you putting 1 guy on? And if you double both that makes it so a kid with Downs like Stuart could rush the ball for 4 yards a carry.

You guys just think zeke is gonna take this lying down?

I do like the combo of Odell/BMarsh, i think they both open up the game for each other this year and produce some solid fantasy numbers.

With that said, I'd take the combo of Evans & Winston over Eli and either one of those guys. Evans is a monster, and if Winston can be a bit more accurate with his throws ( which he should be since he wont have to force the ball high to a double covered Evans like he did all of last year ) he's going to have a shit ton of redzone looks and TD's. No corner/safety can cover him 1v1, the dude just manhandles them.

** I've watched way to many Buc's games overs the past 2 years since i had Evans both years in fantasy, feels like i know more about their offense than the eagles sometimes. :lol:
Aug 13 2017 04:12pm
Quote (Garz97 @ Aug 13 2017 01:43am)
I do like the combo of Odell/BMarsh, i think they both open up the game for each other this year and produce some solid fantasy numbers.

With that said, I'd take the combo of Evans & Winston over Eli and either one of those guys. Evans is a monster, and if Winston can be a bit more accurate with his throws ( which he should be since he wont have to force the ball high to a double covered Evans like he did all of last year ) he's going to have a shit ton of redzone looks and TD's. No corner/safety can cover him 1v1, the dude just manhandles them.

** I've watched way to many Buc's games overs the past 2 years since i had Evans both years in fantasy, feels like i know more about their offense than the eagles sometimes. :lol:

I've drafted evans a couple times and he was always dogshit for me. Vjax was on the team for his first couple years right? That's when I drafted him and I've hated him for it ever since.

You go Winston, I'll go eli and we can compare stats at the end of the year.
Gold: 2,525.00
Aug 13 2017 04:14pm
Would I be a fool to reach for McCoy from the 4th spot. 12 man PPR rest is pretty much standard. I just don't love the RBs that will be there when it comes back around in the second round (21st position). Names that are usually there are Lamar miller, fournette, gurley, lynch Crowell.

What looks better for top two combo:

A. Obj then miller/gurley (the two I'm probably high on in that spot)

Or

B. McCoy then amari cooper/Alston Jeffery/Brandin cooks.

I'm probably being foolish and should just go with Beckham in that spot right?
Gold: 40.42
Aug 13 2017 04:27pm
Quote (casedizzle45 @ 13 Aug 2017 14:14)
Would I be a fool to reach for McCoy from the 4th spot. 12 man PPR rest is pretty much standard. I just don't love the RBs that will be there when it comes back around in the second round (21st position). Names that are usually there are Lamar miller, fournette, gurley, lynch Crowell.

What looks better for top two combo:

A. Obj then miller/gurley (the two I'm probably high on in that spot)

Or

B. McCoy then amari cooper/Alston Jeffery/Brandin cooks.

I'm probably being foolish and should just go with Beckham in that spot right?

If this were Standard, I'd talk about how this was a painful decision and at least consider Shady despite how shaky he is as a pick, but in PPR it seems like a no-brainer to me. A mediocre mid-round RB + OBJ is better than a mediocre mid-round WR + Shady pretty much every day of the week.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1118211831184118511861913Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll