d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official Fantasy Football -> Ask For Advice Thread > Let's Try And Consolidate Everything
Prev1118111821183118411851913Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,059.01
Warn: 10%
Jul 31 2017 03:37pm
Quote (casedizzle45 @ Jul 31 2017 03:09pm)
When is everyone taking a QB? What are some solid late round QBs that are worth grabbing and still be productive. My big money league gives 6 points per passing TD. Thinking about possibly grabbing one early this year.

I always go for like Stafford, rivers, Ryan late although Ryan will probably go much higher this year
Gold: 13,750.00
Aug 1 2017 01:00pm
Quote (casedizzle45 @ Jul 31 2017 02:09pm)
When is everyone taking a QB? What are some solid late round QBs that are worth grabbing and still be productive. My big money league gives 6 points per passing TD. Thinking about possibly grabbing one early this year.

i'm curious where luck goes this year with his injury history now

in a 6 pt passing td league obviously guys like brady, brees, rodgers, ryan, etc get more valuable and guys like wilson downgrade a little

that said, i typically wait for like round 7-8 when idiots start taking backup QB's. assuminng brady, brees, ben, ryan, luck, etc all go in the first 2-3 rounds, i'd shoot for a rivers, stafford, dak later in the draft as they are likely to sustain solid points each week for you.

all kind of depends on the league though, right? so if everyone jumps at QB and people are willing to trade for RB/WR depth then wait it out for a cousins type QB later to stockpile assets (once injuries kick in you'll love it). if people jump at QB and don't often trade (i've had people refuse to trade their WR1/RB1 for pair of RB2's or WR2's despite literally starting guys who put up 0.5 points a game) then you gotta hop on that QB gravy train early

that all said, i feel like 6pt passing td kind of elevates a brady/brees/ryan/rodgers more than hoarding RB/WR picks

This post was edited by stuartg85 on Aug 1 2017 01:01pm
Gold: 2,525.00
Aug 6 2017 11:22am
Look for Brandon Marshall and desean jackson in rounds 6-8. Both have better quarterbacks throwing to them and will be going up against the second corner on the opposing teams. The top corner will be worrying about OBJ and Mike Evans respectively.
Gold: 1,533.81
Aug 6 2017 04:02pm
Quote (casedizzle45 @ Jul 31 2017 02:09pm)

The only year i took a QB before round ~5 was last year (Newton) I regretted it... but my league is only 4 pts per/pass TD.

I'm probably going to see if i can get one a few rounds later this time around, but not to late. I can bet Newton will be there this time around, Wentz could be a good option as well as Mariota.

I have a general idea where i'd pick a Qb each year, but it usually changes during the draft... if rodgers/ryan/brady/brees are there later than i thought they would be i will pick one of them.
Aug 7 2017 11:35am
do we trust stafford now without boldin or megatron? i know he's got tate still (i think?) but how bad do we think this makes stafford now?

QB rankings i assume will be like

brady
rodgers
ryan
brees
ben
wilson
luck
cam (lol)
carr
cousins

then maybe stafford? winston maybe? tyrod? dak? deshaun ;)

e/ i guess he has marvin jones still too, but i dunno, lose megatron one year and then boldin the next, you got a bunch of unreliable dickweeds left in that receiving corps

This post was edited by stuartg85 on Aug 7 2017 11:39am
Gold: 2,525.00
Aug 10 2017 11:56am
Quote (stuartg85 @ Aug 7 2017 01:35pm)
do we trust stafford now without boldin or megatron? i know he's got tate still (i think?) but how bad do we think this makes stafford now?

brady
rodgers
ryan
brees
ben
wilson
luck
cam (lol)
carr
cousins

e/ i guess he has marvin jones still too, but i dunno, lose megatron one year and then boldin the next, you got a bunch of unreliable dickweeds left in that receiving corps

i actually hold some decent stock in winston this year. He and evans have been working great together and with the addition of DJ things should open up a lot more. I'd probably put winston right after wilson or luck.
Gold: 16.80
Aug 10 2017 11:58am
Quote (stuartg85 @ Aug 7 2017 11:35am)

brady
rodgers
ryan
brees
ben
wilson
luck
cam (lol)
carr
cousins

Quote (casedizzle45 @ Aug 10 2017 11:56am)
i actually hold some decent stock in winston this year. He and evans have been working great together and with the addition of DJ things should open up a lot more. I'd probably put winston right after wilson or luck.

This makes me really happy. Nobody is realizing what Eli Is going to be throwing the ball to. If he's not a top 5 fantasy QB this year I'd be pretty surprised. I'm hoping everyone forgets and I can grab him late.
Aug 11 2017 10:45am
Quote (Gangbang @ Aug 10 2017 12:58pm)
This makes me really happy. Nobody is realizing what Eli Is going to be throwing the ball to. If he's not a top 5 fantasy QB this year I'd be pretty surprised. I'm hoping everyone forgets and I can grab him late.

solid, solid point. damn. going 100% full on eli

also, what are yalls thoughts on zeke now? 6 games is a big chunk, but he could be a game changer late in the season
Gold: 1,533.81
Aug 11 2017 12:39pm
Quote (stuartg85 @ Aug 11 2017 11:45am)
solid, solid point. damn. going 100% full on eli

also, what are yalls thoughts on zeke now? 6 games is a big chunk, but he could be a game changer late in the season

I'd go Winston over Eli... i think Winstons INT's drop this year because he doesnt have to literally force the ball to a double covered evans anymore. I think he'll see a nice bump in stats this year like Mariota had last year.

If i end up with a late first round pick, and hes still on the board ill really think about taking him. Especially if i have the 11/12 pick, since i know ill be up next anyway to get another solid guy. I still dont think he falls past rd1 in deep leagues of 10/12+

The team you draft just has to go atleast .500 for that stretch and youre golden when he comes back.

This post was edited by Garz97 on Aug 11 2017 12:41pm
Aug 11 2017 01:03pm
Quote (Garz97 @ Aug 11 2017 01:39pm)
I'd go Winston over Eli... i think Winstons INT's drop this year because he doesnt have to literally force the ball to a double covered evans anymore. I think he'll see a nice bump in stats this year like Mariota had last year.

If i end up with a late first round pick, and hes still on the board ill really think about taking him. Especially if i have the 11/12 pick, since i know ill be up next anyway to get another solid guy. I still dont think he falls past rd1 in deep leagues of 10/12+

The team you draft just has to go atleast .500 for that stretch and youre golden when he comes back.

yeah, just realized i'm only in 10 and 12 man leagues this year (was thinking eli for my 16 man but people quit), so eli still isn't gonna be on my radar lol

you think on zeke? 6 games is almost half the fantasy season. typically you need to be 8-5 at worst to get into the playoffs and if you go 3-3 while he's out you're banking on a 5-2 or better finish... and that's IF you can go 3-3 without a 1st round pick

lets be real (i haven't done analysis but logically i assume this must be the case) your drafted team most heavily impacts you early in the year. those random jordan howards of the world don't come out until halfway through once injuries kick in. so going 3-3 vs full strength drafted teams in the first six weeks of the year is asking a lot

i'd probably take zeke late second, but not a chance in the first. think of it this way, bell was dropping to borderline rd1/2 last year and he was suspended what, 2 or 3 games?
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1118111821183118411851913Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll