d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Should Hardcore Be Renamed To Kinda Hardcore? > Khc > Hc
Prev1234514Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,713.00
Apr 5 2013 02:42pm
Quote (mrpopos10 @ Apr 5 2013 01:34pm)
Should be called medium core

It would be interesting if POE came out with three leagues with a Default League, Afterlife League (similar to current POE hardcore mechanics), Hardcore League (similar to D3 hardcore mechanics).

That's an intriguing idea.
Gold: 742.00
Apr 5 2013 02:52pm
Quote (CENSOR @ Apr 5 2013 08:42pm)
It would be interesting if POE came out with three leagues with a Default League, Afterlife League (similar to current POE hardcore mechanics), Hardcore League (similar to D3 hardcore mechanics).

That's an intriguing idea.

That's the entire point of my topic, yet if I say it it's a shitty idea? I'm guessing mrpopos10 is your friend, but there's no need to be biased.

I honestly don't see the need to keep insulting my point of view, but whatever floats your guys' boats.
Gold: 2,200.00
Apr 5 2013 02:57pm
Quote (eggson @ Apr 5 2013 03:52pm)
That's the entire point of my topic, yet if I say it it's a shitty idea? I'm guessing mrpopos10 is your friend, but there's no need to be biased.

I honestly don't see the need to keep insulting my point of view, but whatever floats your guys' boats.

Although u generally bold faced troll poo I agree with this thread :) even if u trollin we make it what we want! No wat u wants?!
Apr 5 2013 03:02pm
Quote (eggson @ Apr 5 2013 01:52pm)

I don't know mrpopos10. Also, no need to get so defensive. Chill.

You have to expect that a discussion will have counterpoints and arguments to your suggestion or renaming a "harder" league in a two league system. The above idea of a three league system was not something you initially mentioned. You just wanted to rename the league so it wouldn't be misleading.

The thing is, if we kept it to *two* leagues, I would still favor Default vs. Hardcore. Because I don't necessarily agree with the "universal" definition of Hardcore. Only if we introduced a newer, more hardcore league, would I agree to the concept of renaming the current hardcore league to something else.

Suggestions are the bread of life! :D

This post was edited by CENSOR on Apr 5 2013 03:03pm
Gold: 89,176.00
Apr 5 2013 03:02pm
Just exiting game instantly removes you from any danger.. not even kinda hardcore.
Hell I'd bet good money that quite a few of the so-called "hardcore" players are running an autochicken hack.
Apr 5 2013 03:04pm
Quote (taekvideo @ Apr 5 2013 02:02pm)
Just exiting game instantly removes you from any danger.. not even kinda hardcore.
Hell I'd bet good money that quite a few of the so-called "hardcore" players are running an autochicken hack.

Not true. Being beartrapped in Sarns in Hardcore killed me, despite me "x"ing out of the game to prevent my Lv. 42 char. loss :(
Gold: 200.01
Apr 5 2013 03:07pm
Quote (tt_toby @ Apr 5 2013 01:48pm)
Also the game does not encourage you to sell your stuff for fg in SC once a HC character dies, then reroll HC. The game mode should not be renamed just because a fraction of players uses non-igc.

Lots of people trade SC back to HC on the official PoE forums too, it's not just here for fg.

You can easily get 50% of your investment back.
Gold: 7,395.00
Apr 5 2013 03:09pm
The real purpose of hardcore in this game is more about giving trolls an excuse to talk shit about 'scrubcore' rather than providing a genuine hardcore experience.
Gold: 742.00
Apr 5 2013 03:10pm
Quote (taekvideo @ Apr 5 2013 09:02pm)

This.. I surely am glad that there are still some real players like myself here.

Quote (CENSOR @ Apr 5 2013 09:02pm)
The above idea of a three league system was not something you initially mentioned. You just wanted to rename the league so it wouldn't be misleading.

This is true, and it's something I definitely agree with. I took issue with the fact that the other posters seemed so aggressively close-minded about it, and were NOT open to these kind of suggestions at all. I am very fond of the idea of a new actually Hardcore league, and renaming the current one to something that explicitly conveys the purpose of it, like Move-Your-Character-Somewhere-Else-When-Your-Chicken-Hack-Fails League.

Gold: 450.00
Apr 5 2013 03:29pm
Quote (taekvideo @ Apr 5 2013 04:02pm)

Let's say this is true (even though there is no evidence for it). It does not lend any support to Eggson's proposed change. Hypothetically, it would simply mean that those who chicken do so to avoid character deletion rather than a move to default.

There has yet to be a single defense made for Eggson's proposal other than "I liked hardcore mode on D2/D3", a mode that GGG surely considered and discarded when they created their own system.

The fact of the matter is that dead hardcore players can no longer impact the hardcore league on that character. They either cease to be hardcore, or they remake - functionally the same as Diablo's system. The fact that the character still exists is a non-issue since they have absolutely no bearing on hardcore mode.
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Prev1234514Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll