d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Should Hardcore Be Renamed To Kinda Hardcore? > Khc > Hc
Prev123414Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,444.13
Apr 5 2013 01:10pm
yup the hc on PoE is pathetic and definetly needs revamping if this game is going to 'survive'
only kids that support the current hardcore on PoE are the kids that would never play hardcore on d2.
all of us among the hardcore community know each other pretty well. and none of these poe "hardcore" kids ever played hardcore d2.
Gold: 6,082.50
Apr 5 2013 01:12pm
Quote (Caulder10 @ Apr 5 2013 03:10pm)
all of us among the hardcore community know each other pretty well

lol
lol
lol
lol

Okay, you and your club of 2 friends can just play another game then.

This post was edited by thingislegendary on Apr 5 2013 01:12pm
Gold: 742.00
Apr 5 2013 01:21pm
I am very appalled by the fact that you guys think Hardcore is a definition made up by Blizzard or only used in D2/D3..

Anyways, I don't think there's any reason to keep discussing this matter if you are going to be so close minded about it, taking none of my points into consideration and just trying to force your opinion on me.

Mods, please go Hardcore on this topic - the real definition of Hardcore, please. I mean close it, not just move it to another board.
Gold: 7,395.00
Apr 5 2013 01:44pm
Quote (eggson @ Apr 5 2013 01:21pm)

Mods, please go Hardcore on this topic - the real definition of Hardcore, please. I mean close it, not just move it to another board.

Well, a real hardcore response to this thread would be banning you or shooting you, but we wouldn't want that. ;)
Gold: 228.00
Apr 5 2013 01:50pm
Quote (eggson @ 5 Apr 2013 14:13)
This seems more realistic, Hardcore would be completely losing your character, whereas on PoE's KHC mode you get to keep him forever anyways.

Kinda Hardcore is consistent with the actual behavior, so this will prevent people from having false expectations.

Let me know what you think, I might make a suggestion topic on GGG forums.

Totally agree. Would love to see some of the HC baddies here crying as they loose their characters...you know, the lil brats wich call softcore players immature and childish names. Bring HC PoE to HC D2 lvl. If i had same gaming time i used to have in my D2 days,i would be HC.Right now im an happy softie =)

Edit : Rl is HC,once you died,its done.HC gaming should be this way.

This post was edited by Trysakthot on Apr 5 2013 01:56pm
Gold: 3,618.00
Apr 5 2013 01:59pm
Quote (eggson @ 5 Apr 2013 15:21)
I am very appalled by the fact that you guys think Hardcore is a definition made up by Blizzard or only used in D2/D3..

Anyways, I don't think there's any reason to keep discussing this matter if you are going to be so close minded about it, taking none of my points into consideration and just trying to force your opinion on me.

No one is forcing you to change your mind. Few posts actually made some good points. I guess you just feel the weight of all the logic arguments that has been made by people. The Blizzard franchise made their own definition of Hc, and so did GGG. Actually, you think theres something to argue about but theres none. The only difference, which has been said already, is that the Sc economy kinda suffers all those dead Hc guys bringing their gear in Sc, but thats not the point you made at all. That imo could be a point in favor of changing the Sc/Hc thing so gear really poofs with your char when you die.

But as far as the perma death thing is concerned, as its been said a few times already, real Hc player dont continue playing Sc once they die, they just reroll... Otherwise that makes them playing Sc now does it?

And for the bold part, even before thinking of what ''the real'' definition is, you should ask yourself if there can be one, which is what has been considered impossible by a few posts in here, from which you most likely feel the pressure of changing your mind cause damn it makes sense. You are already trying to show that theres a ''real'' definition of Hc but most people are asking, more fundamentally, can there be one definition of Hc? If you ask me, I dont think so. Theres either every game trying to fit their game for one definition, or every game trying to be original by loosing that mentality that theres only one way to do things. Pretty sure everyone takes the latter.

Gold: 12,713.00
Apr 5 2013 02:11pm
Quote (eggson @ Apr 5 2013 12:21pm)
- the real definition of Hardcore, please. I mean close it, not just move it to another board.

What do you mean "the real definition of hardcore"?

Where are you basing this definition off from? Please tell me.

If you think Hardcore is dying and losing your character permanently, you may be wrong. You should dress up in a hauberk, grab a claymore and a first aid kit and go off into a war. Now that's hardcore.

Sitting in front of a computer crying about whether or not a character is deleted/removed or get shifted permanently to a different league is all babywash anyways.

Don't see how that'll stop you from being "truly" hardcore and just deleting your own characters.

This post was edited by CENSOR on Apr 5 2013 02:11pm
Gold: Locked
Apr 5 2013 02:18pm
OP = troll kiddy from d3 section
don't waste your time on him
Gold: 0.01
Apr 5 2013 02:23pm
Played D2hc for years upon years. This hardcore is practically identical minus the fact you move to sc. If you're really hardcore, you'll delete the character anyway because you won't be playing default.

note : You would also lose cosmetic purchases if you character simply went away

This post was edited by mysticsword353 on Apr 5 2013 02:30pm
Gold: 2,200.00
Apr 5 2013 02:34pm
Should be called medium core

Lot of mad children in here who can't admit the truth

This post was edited by mrpopos10 on Apr 5 2013 02:41pm
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Prev123414Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll