d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Official Basketball Forum General Chat Thread > Music, Food, Chitty Chat
Prev1205206207208209244Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 61.55
Aug 1 2017 08:41pm
Aug 1 2017 09:50pm
Aug 1 2017 11:59pm
Frank Isola ✔ @FisolaNYDN
Carmelo Anthony's camp has said for weeks, including day the Kyrie Irving news surfaced, that Melo's sole focus is to be traded to Houston.
8:24 PM - Aug 1, 2017

Report: Carmelo Anthony only wants a trade to Rockets, not Cavaliers

Carmelo Anthony has reportedly whittled his list of potential trade destinations down to one, which means the staring contest between the New York Knicks and their disgruntled star is coming into focus.

The ongoing Kyrie Irving saga has given Anthony pause about waiving his no-trade clause to join Banana Boat buddy LeBron James on the Cleveland Cavaliers, and the 10-time All-Star is now only interested in joining Banana Boat buddy Chris Paul on the Houston Rockets, per the New York Post.

The Cavaliers should not take Anthony’s refusal to join the three-time defending Eastern Conference champions lightly. This revelation follows a report that Jimmy Butler was warned to stay away by Cavs players over concerns about the team’s impending implosion.

Cleveland tried to acquire Butler, but the Chicago Bulls instead traded him to the Minnesota Timberwolves. With an increasing number of stars reportedly unwilling to pair with James, the Cavaliers have to be concerned about both their long-term prospects of keeping LeBron and the possibility of getting equal value in an Irving trade.

Melo is essentially saying, If you want to trade me so badly, you’ll have to take the less-than-ideal offer from Houston, and the Knicks are countering, If you want to be traded so badly, you’ll have to let us find a more ideal offer than the one from Houston. All of which should make for a fun rest of the summer for Rockets and Knicks fans who await which side blinks first.
Aug 2 2017 08:40am
Carmelo Anthony gave his first public interview of the off-season this morning.

Ian Begley‏ @IanBegley 36 minutes ago
Carmelo Anthony says he's 'at peace' and he 'doesn't know' about the chances of remaining a Knick. Says he's not talking about basketball.

Ian Begley‏ @IanBegley 31 minutes ago
Carmelo Anthony says he hasn't met with the Knicks during the offseason.

Ian Begley‏ @IanBegley 25 minutes ago
Melo calls the last 12 months an 'emotional roller coaster.' Reiterates that he's at peace after struggling through some of the drama in NY.

Ian Begley‏ @IanBegley 21 minutes ago
Carmelo Anthony asked about the Rockets: "You know I can't comment on that," he says with a smile.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 80%
Aug 2 2017 10:27am
So this is now the Houston Rockets fan thread? interesting
Aug 2 2017 11:05am
Is there still a Houston Rockets thread? I haven't followed the Sports Coliseum in ages.

I just have this particular thread saved on my old google favorites is all. One click and I'm here.
Judson asked me to look after this thread several years ago. I had it saved on my favorites.

Not really into all the sports debates and stuff like that anymore. Just having fun and playing RPGs mostly. I did tell somebody if the Rockets finally land Melo, if it ever happens, I'll post on the Sports Coliseum more often. The way things are going it may not happen until closer to training camp.

It would be awkward for Melo to still be playing with the Knicks to start the season.
I thought they were focusing on a younger roster led by Porzingis and Hardaway Jr.

Melo can opt out next summer and become an unrestricted free agent (early termination option), one way or another, if worst case scenario it drags on one more year. But by next summer the big fish in the pond could be LeBron James if he opts out and becomes a free agent.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 80%
Aug 2 2017 11:52am
Quote (Madmartigan @ Aug 2 2017 01:05pm)
Is there still a Houston Rockets thread? I haven't followed the Sports Coliseum in ages.

I just have this particular thread saved on my old google favorites is all. One click and I'm here.
Judson asked me to look after this thread several years ago. I had it saved on my favorites.

Not really into all the sports debates and stuff like that anymore. Just having fun and playing RPGs mostly. I did tell somebody if the Rockets finally land Melo, if it ever happens, I'll post on the Sports Coliseum more often. The way things are going it may not happen until closer to training camp.

It would be awkward for Melo to still be playing with the Knicks to start the season.
I thought they were focusing on a younger roster led by Porzingis and Hardaway Jr.

Melo can opt out next summer and become an unrestricted free agent (early termination option), one way or another, if worst case scenario it drags on one more year. But by next summer the big fish in the pond could be LeBron James if he opts out and becomes a free agent.

praying for the Rockets to land Melo now, thanks.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/08/02/carmelo-anthony-peace-current-situation-new-york

Aug 2 2017 12:43pm
Quote (AmineA @ Aug 2 2017 12:52pm)

Here's a video from what Sportscenter was showing earlier this morning.

Aug 8 2017 10:36pm
All I want for my birthday next Tuesday is for Carmelo Anthony to be traded to the Rockets.
This thing has dragged on long enough. Why are the New York Knicks trying to play hard ball?

Gold: 0.72
Aug 10 2017 05:04pm
Quote (Madmartigan @ Aug 8 2017 09:36pm)
All I want for my birthday next Tuesday is for Carmelo Anthony to be traded to the Rockets.
This thing has dragged on long enough. Why are the New York Knicks trying to play hard ball?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT4i-ffFZu8

Will you come back to the basketball forum full time if that happens?
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev1205206207208209244Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll