d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Official Basketball Forum General Chat Thread > Music, Food, Chitty Chat
Prev1204205206207208244Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,059.01
Warn: 10%
Jul 21 2017 11:50am
Quote (Madmartigan @ Jul 21 2017 01:40pm)
I heard the New York Knicks are willing to trade Carmelo Anthony to the Rockets for Ryan Anderson directly - no third or fourth team needed - but they also want the Rockets to include 23-year-old young center Clint Capela (who's our best young player under 25). Which I have to imagine the Rockets will not do as Capela could become a beast scoring off easy lobs from Harden and Paul this year.

Or the Knicks may want some of our other young players that shined in the summer league attached to our first-round picks in 2020 and 2022. That may be more appealing to the Rockets than giving up Clint Capela. But either way it's a lot to give up just to get them to agree to take on Ryan Anderson's multi-year contract.

It would be easier to pull off a trade if they can find a willing third team.
The Knicks want too much assets and incentives just to take on Anderson's contract.

I don't blame the Knicks for wanting good young players or future first-round picks. Real assets.
Either way, this Melo situation is going to keep dragging on. It's already been 20+ days and counting.

I do find the Trail Blazers push for Melo to be refreshing. As if he'll waive his no-trade clause to go there.

I'd waive my no trade clause for you 🤒
Gold: 3.60
Jul 23 2017 11:53am
Tarek Fattal âś” @Tarek_Fattal
Very solid source close to HOU tells me that Carmelo Anthony is likely to be a Rocket by early this coming week. Stay tuned..
10:17 PM - 22 Jul 2017

Another guy teasing me like that. Just like all the "LeBron will opt out next July" talk.
Sure. In a dream world the Rockets will land Melo to play with Harden and CP3 soon.

And then next summer LeBron will come to Houston. Right? Melo, CP3 and LeBron are great friends.
The three of them have talked about playing with each other before their careers come to an end.

All of them would be older but they're still game changers. James Harden needs all the help he can get.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 80%
Jul 23 2017 11:56am
the Ryan is back folks

Madmartigan who you got in this years superbowl?
Gold: 152.00
Jul 23 2017 03:36pm
Quote (Madmartigan @ Jul 23 2017 01:53pm)
Tarek Fattal âś” @Tarek_Fattal
Very solid source close to HOU tells me that Carmelo Anthony is likely to be a Rocket by early this coming week. Stay tuned..
10:17 PM - 22 Jul 2017

Another guy teasing me like that. Just like all the "LeBron will opt out next July" talk.
Sure. In a dream world the Rockets will land Melo to play with Harden and CP3 soon.

And then next summer LeBron will come to Houston. Right? Melo, CP3 and LeBron are great friends.
The three of them have talked about playing with each other before their careers come to an end.

All of them would be older but they're still game changers. James Harden needs all the help he can get.

LeBron going to Houston would make way more sense than Lakers or whatever other rumors going around. Dunno how they could afford Harden, CP3, LeBron, and Melo though unless at least two players take big paycuts (and that seems unlikely except for maybe Melo).

I still think LeBron sticking around is more likely (taking into account that Kyrie is leaving because he wants to be the man instead of play with LeBron, which it'd make way more sense to stick around until LeBron leaves next year if that's the case).

This post was edited by Voyaging on Jul 23 2017 03:37pm
Jul 26 2017 02:34am
Quote (AmineA @ Jul 23 2017 12:56pm)
the Ryan is back folks

Madmartigan who you got in this years superbowl?

Patriots versus Packers: The Falcons blew their chance last year which is unfortunate.
All Kyle Shanahan had to do was run the ball. He failed and then left to coach the 49ers.

ESPN New York âś” @ESPNNewYork
Houston still Anthony's top priority, making Irving-to-Knicks a long shot http://dlvr.it/PYYcyv #Knicks
12:53 AM - 26 Jul 2017

Kyrie Irving informed the Cleveland Cavaliers earlier this month that the New York Knicks were one of the teams he would be willing to join. But it seems unlikely at this point that Irving will land in New York.

Here's why: Carmelo Anthony's top choice in any trade, as of late Tuesday night, is to end up with the Houston Rockets, per league sources. Basically, nothing has changed since ESPN's Adrian Wojanarowski reported over a week ago that Anthony still expected the Knicks to carry out their previous plans to trade him to Houston.

Now things can evolve quickly in the NBA. Anthony can shift his thinking on his no-trade clause and where he would like to end up at any time. But as of Tuesday night, landing in Houston remained his top priority over all other potential trade destinations, including the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Jul 26 2017 02:44am
Quote (Voyaging @ Jul 23 2017 04:36pm)
LeBron going to Houston would make way more sense than Lakers or whatever other rumors going around. Dunno how they could afford Harden, CP3, LeBron, and Melo though unless at least two players take big paycuts (and that seems unlikely except for maybe Melo).

I still think LeBron sticking around is more likely (taking into account that Kyrie is leaving because he wants to be the man instead of play with LeBron, which it'd make way more sense to stick around until LeBron leaves next year if that's the case).

The Rockets are currently weighed down by Ryan Anderson's $20 million a year salary.
Eric Gordon makes $12 million a year and Trevor Ariza is making $7 million a year.
All three of those guys would obviously have to go, in order to make room for Melo and LeBron (next summer).

Chris Paul will become a free agent next summer and can help make it work (re-signs a cheaper deal to win)..
James Harden is locked in for a ton of money already. The new owner will have to deal with a massive luxury tax.

It's all possible though. But landing Carmelo Anthony is the next big step. I'm patiently waiting for it to happen.
Gold: 1,990.00
Jul 30 2017 09:56pm
Is it gay to listen to Ed Sheeran - Shape of You?
Gold: 16.80
Jul 31 2017 03:04pm
Quote (Whalefood @ Jul 30 2017 09:56pm)
Is it gay to listen to Ed Sheeran - Shape of You?

Merkules has a remix of that song that's way better
Aug 1 2017 02:27pm
How big is Kevin Hart height and weight wise? Even CP3 looks like a giant compared to him.

Aug 1 2017 03:04pm

Move Over, Jay-Z. Beyonce Wants to Buy Her Own Basketball Team

Bloomberg
2:26 PM ET - August 1, 2017

Pop superstar Beyonce, a Houston native, is mulling an investment in the National Basketball Association’s Rockets, according to people familiar with the matter. Rockets owner Les Alexander, a former bond trader, said last month he was selling the team amid a surge in franchise values across sports. The club’s popularity in China may push the sale price past the record $2 billion Steve Ballmer paid for the Los Angeles Clippers three years ago.

Alexander paid $85 million for the Rockets in 1993.

It’s common for celebrities to make small investments in sports teams. Beyonce’s husband, Jay-Z, for instance, was born in Brooklyn and once held a less than 1 percent stake in basketball’s Nets. He sold his share of the team after starting Roc Nation, which represents athletes.

Alexander’s decision to sell the team, which includes All-Stars James Harden and Chris Paul, surprised many around the NBA. It has generated a bevy of global interest among would-be buyers, sports bankers say. Whoever winds up getting the Rockets might sell what are called limited partnerships, which help the principal investor to recoup some of their investment without giving up control of the franchise.

Beyonce, who has performed wearing a Rockets jersey, would add superstar sizzle to any ownership group, likely helping the team with local and international marketing. She is one of the most influential celebrities, and on par with soccer star Lionel Messi, according to the Marketing Arm’s Celebrity DBI database. She ranks 150th out of more than 4,000 celebrities, and is particularly effective reaching females between the ages of 13 and 17.

According to Forbes, Beyonce is second to Sean “Diddy” Combs on its 2017 list of highest-paid celebrities at $105 million. Her net worth is $350 million, Forbes said. Jay-Z is worth $810 million.
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev1204205206207208244Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll