d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > User Blogs > Misadventures Of My Sad And Pathetic Life
Prev1789
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 33.19
Jan 14 2013 07:54pm
Quote (Caulder10 @ Jan 14 2013 07:37pm)
I don't do that very often. I do not like to do that.
I run a boarding and grooming kennel and I teach handling classes for people interested in learning how to show, or practice, for AKC conformation.

Why would I stop selling all the crap I find when I play? That way when my friend Pat comes back to d2, I can gear him a shitty sin or maybe even a shitty nec.
I spent all my fg on gw 1.5 years ago cause I figured I was done with jsp and d2, but d2 always pulls you back in, at least a little.
Can still make plenty of fg in this dead game too. And as you KNOW, the more fg you have the bigger your penis is.

And perhaps one day I might get a new pc, and maybe try a new game. Although most of them are highly disappointing, or not even worth trying. But MAYBE ill be able to use fg for that too.

oh icic
what's akc conformation?
i was just kind of curious as to how much money you were making doing that
enough to be a sugar daddy? idk.
also i don't get how you're getting so much. you must be 300 mfing a tal sorc yo
also i'll 99 a sin if you get one geared with 100% perfects. PROMISE

Gold: 1,444.13
Jan 14 2013 09:23pm
http://classic.akc.org/events/conformation/beginners.cfm

AKC is the American Kennel Club
It is the primary breed registry in the United States which promotes responsible breeding and care of canines.

I am a member of the Green Mountain Dog Club (GMDC), which is a member club of the AKC. I also serve on the board of directors as well as serve as the AKC delegate. The work involved with this is all not-for-profit, so besides being compensated expenses, it does not pay anything. I instruct classes 'for' the GMDC the majority of the year, which is a requirement for the club to remain a member of the AKC and host our annual dog show. There are literally dogs shows almost every single day of the year in one part or another of the country, all are hosted by a member club of the AKC.
While I am serving as AKC delegate, I am not allowed to handle for pay. Which for me really really sucks. And I am trying to find someone to take over as delegate so I can go back to handling. (Its been 3 years). Handling is where I make a fair amount of money, and I could do it full time traveling the region/country going to dog shows all year long. People pay me to show their dogs (sometimes this also involves training it, grooming it, conditioning it and traveling with it all over. Sometimes I just meet the owners at the show and take the dog in the ring and hand it back to the owner when it is done.)
I have been handling since I was old enough to walk. I competed heavily in Junior Showmanship when I was a kid (10-18 year olds - although it has since changed to 9-18 and a few other changes since my time) and was ranked among the top in the country. In Junior Showmanship the 'handler' is judges on their ability, where as conformation the dog is judged on its conformation. Because I am a good 'handler' other people will pay me to show their dog. Either because they dont have the time, desire, or ability to show it themselves.

So, when I am able to handle I make decent money since I usually only take on 1-3 clients at a time and I do not do it full time. (anywhere from $150-800 a weekend - most shows I attend are on Saturday and Sunday).

The boarding and grooming business is a totally separate thing. It was my mom's business, which I have mostly taken over the running of it. However, I am only on a salary pay. The kennel has always paid the bills and allowed us to live comfortably, but it is not a huge money maker. It began as a way for my mom to work and still have flexible hours for us kids growing up since we all played sports and traveled to dog shows etc. So it is a small facility, on top of the mountain here.

IF, and I do mean IF since I have not decided if I want to take-over and/or continue the business, but if I do I would like to expand it. Which would ideally mean a new larger facility closer to town. One of the largest growing sectors of the market for pet care services is "Daycare" which we do not do.
Having a facility set-up for daycare is very different than a regular boarding kennel, and also needs to be mainstream. But this could potentially be a huge market.

As for now, pretty much my whole paycheck goes to bills. I am kinda looking for a part time secondary job evenings to supplement my income. I have a car payment and school loans to payoff. My grocery bill is minuscule each month I bascially live on tuna, ramen, bread, milk, cereal, cheese and pasta.
Gold: 33.19
Jan 15 2013 01:11am
Quote (Caulder10 @ Jan 15 2013 12:53am)
http://classic.akc.org/events/conformation/beginners.cfm

AKC is the American Kennel Club
It is the primary breed registry in the United States which promotes responsible breeding and care of canines.

I am a member of the Green Mountain Dog Club (GMDC), which is a member club of the AKC. I also serve on the board of directors as well as serve as the AKC delegate. The work involved with this is all not-for-profit, so besides being compensated expenses, it does not pay anything. I instruct classes 'for' the GMDC the majority of the year, which is a requirement for the club to remain a member of the AKC and host our annual dog show. There are literally dogs shows almost every single day of the year in one part or another of the country, all are hosted by a member club of the AKC.
While I am serving as AKC delegate, I am not allowed to handle for pay. Which for me really really sucks. And I am trying to find someone to take over as delegate so I can go back to handling. (Its been 3 years). Handling is where I make a fair amount of money, and I could do it full time traveling the region/country going to dog shows all year long. People pay me to show their dogs (sometimes this also involves training it, grooming it, conditioning it and traveling with it all over. Sometimes I just meet the owners at the show and take the dog in the ring and hand it back to the owner when it is done.)
I have been handling since I was old enough to walk. I competed heavily in Junior Showmanship when I was a kid (10-18 year olds - although it has since changed to 9-18 and a few other changes since my time) and was ranked among the top in the country. In Junior Showmanship the 'handler' is judges on their ability, where as conformation the dog is judged on its conformation. Because I am a good 'handler' other people will pay me to show their dog. Either because they dont have the time, desire, or ability to show it themselves.

So, when I am able to handle I make decent money since I usually only take on 1-3 clients at a time and I do not do it full time. (anywhere from $150-800 a weekend - most shows I attend are on Saturday and Sunday).

The boarding and grooming business is a totally separate thing. It was my mom's business, which I have mostly taken over the running of it. However, I am only on a salary pay. The kennel has always paid the bills and allowed us to live comfortably, but it is not a huge money maker. It began as a way for my mom to work and still have flexible hours for us kids growing up since we all played sports and traveled to dog shows etc. So it is a small facility, on top of the mountain here.

IF, and I do mean IF since I have not decided if I want to take-over and/or continue the business, but if I do I would like to expand it. Which would ideally mean a new larger facility closer to town. One of the largest growing sectors of the market for pet care services is "Daycare" which we do not do.
Having a facility set-up for daycare is very different than a regular boarding kennel, and also needs to be mainstream. But this could potentially be a huge market.

As for now, pretty much my whole paycheck goes to bills. I am kinda looking for a part time secondary job evenings to supplement my income. I have a car payment and school loans to payoff. My grocery bill is minuscule each month I bascially live on tuna, ramen, bread, milk, cereal, cheese and pasta.

ummm
so why not just quit being a delegate
seems like it'd be the best thing to do

but man
this sounds awesome
i hope you'll be able to do this one day
you aren't getting any younger yo
and once i'm actually working up here, i can finally pay you for all that phone sex+future calls
Gold: 1,444.13
Jan 15 2013 08:18pm
Quote (Reginaaccchecker13 @ Jan 15 2013 02:11am)
ummm
so why not just quit being a delegate
seems like it'd be the best thing to do

but man
this sounds awesome
i hope you'll be able to do this one day
you aren't getting any younger yo
and once i'm actually working up here, i can finally pay you for all that phone sex+future calls

cause someone has to do it and no one else will. and you know me.

12k yo

My niece has joined this world. Serena Anne Ripley
Gold: 70.35
Jan 15 2013 09:45pm
can we get a pic of pisser

sounds like a magnificent woman
Gold: 199.18
Warn: 10%
Jan 16 2013 08:38am
have you tried dog diapers?
Gold: 199.18
Warn: 10%