d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > New Programmer
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,391.00
Apr 23 2012 03:22am
Quote (clamchode @ Apr 22 2012 10:41pm)
I started with turing, then next was visual basic, then java.  (This is what they taught in my high school, in this order)
Then I was thought java, c++,c#/SQL(in MS SQL SERVER 2005,not now ofc :P) & asp.net(vb.net,javascript/jquery/json/PHP) (main ones in college, in this order)

I've found most of the places I've worked at (Banks, P.O.S. Software Companies, Web Dev.) were usually after a client server guy.
If you weren't thinking Web Dev. some good places to start would be;

Windows forms (C++ has its place, but c# for client/server model)- Used in lots of internal, non-customer facing projects.
WPF (Again I like c# code behind for client server model) - Used in lots of external, eye-candy data binding intense applications.
Direct X Libraries and C++ - You can find a lot of documentation on how to load mesh's onto object models with textures \ materials, with the direct x libraries on the web.  After that, look into translating and transforming your matrices and vertices to make them move and interact with click events. I didn't touch this kind of stuff until I was about 4 years into programming.  You'll really want to be fluent with your object oriented programing, calculus and trig skills to get into the core of graphics engines.

There's a lot to learn my friend, but there's a world to learn from!

Just keep waking away at them "hello world's" and really understand what your learning.

cool story bro
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll