d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Skibum's Ghost Sin Guide > Yar, Test
Prev1234521Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 21,816.40
Mar 23 2012 04:31am
Quote (ikusus @ Mar 23 2012 06:23am)
Skillers aren't that good. You get 62% block (vs 61% I have without them) and trade physical dmg+ar+life for venom dmg+fade+claw mastery. What's your CM level? Because you need as high as 42 to have 24% crit anyway...
You don't have to have 50% dr all the time too, and when you do you can usually use dungo/bb for max dr, and 6 fade (/6 venom) claws switch for tvt. Druid is probably the only exception here, where you need both fcr and dr.. but the class advantage is so bad I don't think you really, really need 50 dr. If you built for 42 fade level with 6 fade claws, you'll get level 33 fade with cta switch. Thats 41 dr total, should be enough vs most druids.

btw. realm?

east nl
i looked into it before, I strayed away from it for some reason. and psn dmg rlly does help. physical is a rather low 2-3l not factoring in ds. maybe tomorrow I'll revisit the build you're talking about.
Gold: 1,619.53
Mar 23 2012 04:47am
Quote (Skibum @ Mar 23 2012 11:29am)

with my sin. @ 17.  3mb claw 17 hard points 6 gcs
I don't see anything significant that would make me want to go 20

yes thats because your assuming that skillers affect shadow mb frequency, they dont. The last few hard points are what makes the difference, you wont notice anything from shadow gcs

Quote (Skibum @ Mar 23 2012 11:31am)
east nl
i looked into it before, I strayed away from it for some reason.  and psn dmg rlly does help.  physical is a rather low 2-3l not factoring in ds.  maybe tomorrow I'll revisit the build you're talking about.

Venom damage duration is 0.8 seconds vs most ( as you said ), when you hit with a really fast attack like ww, you aren't getting the full damage of 3,6k per hit rather the damage keeps getting reapplied ( i.e. you only get the full 0.8 seconds after the last hit ), so venom damage isn't really soo much of a ghosts damage, but I agree its still a nice add.

This post was edited by Jeebus666 on Mar 23 2012 04:48am
Gold: 45,000.00
Mar 23 2012 05:20am
Quote (Jeebus666 @ 23 Mar 2012 11:47)
yes thats because your assuming that skillers affect shadow mb frequency, they dont. The last few hard points are what makes the difference, you wont notice anything from shadow gcs.

actually the stuffmod does have an impact
i tested it with hero editor using scs with mb
its not about the hardpoints but about total pt's
the sks with the highest pt's has priority
but thats irrelevant
the more the better
you either go 1 pt or 20
in between is pathetic on mb

imo gores should be added as option
especially on the budget
i would defenatly use them if the fools is zod'ed

20'36's because of the synergy with visi
i'd pick 16 ar over 3 max at any time vs any opponent
keep in mind that your hardest matchups are vs high def

This post was edited by MoXeR on Mar 23 2012 05:23am
Mar 23 2012 05:23am
Quote (Jeebus666 @ Mar 23 2012 06:47am)
yes thats because your assuming that skillers affect shadow mb frequency, they dont. The last few hard points are what makes the difference, you wont notice anything from shadow gcs

Venom damage duration is 0.8 seconds vs most ( as you said ), when you hit with a really fast attack like ww, you aren't getting the full damage of 3,6k per hit rather the damage keeps getting reapplied ( i.e. you only get the full 0.8 seconds after the last hit  ), so venom damage isn't really soo much of a ghosts damage, but I agree its still a nice add.

I said that because tao quoted his shadow skills.... not becuase hard points matter. I figured I'd give u all the info in case you wanted more data points about it. I also just did it with 1 and it topped out at 5, as expected. and 20 was indistinguishable from 17, so I don't have any intentions of pumping to 20 atm.

ill look into the 3/20/20's later in the day. from the looks of it, it will give higher avg dmg, with a lower min, higher max. and about the same ar, maybe a little less fools side.
Gold: 135.00
Mar 23 2012 05:26am
Quote (Skibum @ Mar 23 2012 10:29am)

with my sin. @ 17. 3mb claw 17 hard points 6 gcs
I don't see anything significant that would make me want to go 20

Thats ok, cause pure MB skill points, like on the claw, actually add to MB efficiency so you have efficiently lvl 20 MB.
+Skills and +TabSkills don't work however.
Also that means you would have lvl 23 MB if maxed, which is again cooler. If I had possibilty to make MB higher then that, I would do it.

Btw it's overally a very similar build to everyone not insane, I'll read it later to full extent.
But I am still trying to find an optimal Paladin equip.
Atm I use ED-ish fools with 1x UM, Guillaume, gores and FCR amulet but I'm still not happy. Sometimes before I switched to 50% fools also.

Thing is maybe OW and poison are enough for paladins, so the real goal here would be to have as high AR and OW. I'm trying to get feedback on this, but it's hard to do so cause no one actually knows for sure, and I don't have much time nor funds to test lately.
I'm intrigued maybe by using Angelic set with 65FCR. That would mean angelic set+trang+arach+griffon. So dancers would be cool on that setup, but you will not have enough str for it to be worn efficiently. Also a weapon options for that setup would be :
50% fools, 66%Fury (cool if angelics) or malice (too bad it doesn't have any IAS for trap laying speed). I would not go lower then 65fcr, 30fhr also, trap laying speed could be negotiable vs a paladin -.-

This post was edited by monSt4r on Mar 23 2012 05:46am
Gold: 1,619.53
Mar 23 2012 05:36am
Quote (MoXeR @ Mar 23 2012 12:20pm)
actually the stuffmod does have an impact
i tested it with hero editor using scs with mb
its not about the hardpoints but about total pt's
the sks with the highest pt's has priority
but thats irrelevant
the more the better
you either go 1 pt or 20
in between is pathetic on mb

imo gores should be added as option
especially on the budget
i would defenatly use them if the fools is zod'ed

20'36's because of the synergy with visi
i'd pick 16 ar over 3 max at any time vs any opponent
keep in mind that your hardest matchups are vs high def

I wasn't talking about staff mods tho, I was talking about shadow sks. + mb worked a bit differently to + shadow I thought as well.

What do you mean "the sks with the highest pt's has priority",..?

And anyway its not about total number of points, do a test with a level 1 mb character with an item that has +100 shadow skills, that'll show it definitively one way or the other.

This post was edited by Jeebus666 on Mar 23 2012 05:36am
Gold: 248.00
Mar 23 2012 05:46am
Quote (monSt4r @ Mar 23 2012 07:26am)
Thats ok, cause pure MB skill points, like on the claw, actually add to MB efficiency so you have efficiently lvl 20 MB.
+Skills and +TabSkills don't work however.
Also that means you would have lvl 23 MB if maxed, which is again cooler. If I had possibilty to make MB higher then that, I would do it.

Btw it's overally a very similar build to everyone not insane, I'll read it later to fool extent.
But I am still trying to find an optimal Paladin equip.
Atm I use ED-ish fools with 1x UM, Guillaume, gores and FCR amulet but I'm still not happy. Sometimes before I switched to 50% fools also.

Thing is maybe OW and poison are enough for paladins, so the real goal here would be to have as high AR and OW. I'm trying to get feedback on this, but it's hard to do so cause no one actually knows for sure, and I don't have much time nor funds to test lately.
I'm intrigued maybe by using Angelic set with 65FCR. That would mean angelic set+trang+arach+griffon. So dancers would be cool on that setup, but you will not have enough str for it to be worn efficiently. Also a weapon options for that setup would be :
50% fools, 66%Fury (cool if angelics) or malice (too bad it doesn't have any IAS for trap laying speed). I would not go lower then 65fcr, 30fhr also, trap laying speed could be negotiable vs a paladin -.-

You should try something like angelics, fury/um um hard hitter claw, griffs cham, trangs, arachs.
Im just thinking aloud here though.
Gold: 135.00
Mar 23 2012 05:55am
Quote (ranorn @ Mar 23 2012 11:46am)
You should try something like angelics, fury/um um hard hitter claw, griffs cham, trangs, arachs.
Im just thinking aloud here though.

Yes yes, it's mentioned there. But dancers would have hard to reach str req, so maybe some other boots will suffice. Also 65fcr/30fhr must be hit with the biggest efficiency in terms of life. Trap speed vs paladin could be ok with 10 frames for example. That would make Malice's 100%OW GT an interesting item ?

BTW, is it true that barb uses OW axe vs paladins ?

This setup bypasses a lot of AR charms and careful planning in build setup, just by having that sick little set of jewelry. I started thinking about this when I was not happy with 35% OW on claws like vs hammer. 60%fools and 35% chaos was better vs good hammers, so why not just go all out on AR and OW ?
Mar 23 2012 06:01am
Quote (Jeebus666 @ Mar 23 2012 07:36am)
I wasn't talking about staff mods tho, I was talking about shadow sks. + mb worked a bit differently to + shadow I thought as well.

What do you mean "the sks with the highest pt's has priority",..?

And anyway its not about total number of points, do a test with a level 1 mb character with an item that has +100 shadow skills, that'll show it definitively one way or the other.

it's hard skills, jsut tested .
also ran the all 3/20/20's through an excel file I made. It's very close to the 6 gcs build. hits a little harder physical, but it's not too noticeable.
this is part of my my spreadsheet, if you can follow it. green would be my sin with 3/20/20s and blue is all 3/20/20's with 5 20/5's.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 23 2012 06:13am
Lots of useful info to think about in here. :bonk:
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1234521Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll