d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Would You Vote For America To Go To War With Iran? > If They Were Building Nuclear Weapons.
Prev14567815Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 14 2012 02:51am
Quote (MyEnemy @ Mar 14 2012 10:46am)
It classifies as herp derp because it's stupid I'm not going to listen to you tell me who needs to communicate in a warzone and how rocket launchers are hidden everywhere, it's fucking stupid, I'm sorry you can't understand it.

Under fire by what exactly?  Whenever something fires at the navy, and has it's ordinance shot down before it can hit anything,  it will be destroyed.  So Iran is going to magically produce hundreds of scud launchers every day while our army is there systematically destroying their manufacturing cababilites?  Or maybe you think they'll attack us with magic fireballs because they don't have anything else that can do any damage to our military.

and pre-emptively, I don't care about whatever your herp derp response is going to be.  I've been to war, I've fought in war, You've played too much call of duty, I'm done arguing with you.

Lol oh dear they don't need to manufacture it they will hide the same launchers before you can strike it. You will be striking old buildings and soil.
Gold: 12,730.67
Mar 14 2012 02:58am
Quote (ZingerSupreme @ Mar 14 2012 08:51am)
Lol oh dear they don't need to manufacture it they will hide the same launchers before you can strike it. You will be striking old buildings and soil.

lol?

Are you serious? Against aircraft carrier groups?
We have 3 of these in the region right now...we'd have more during an actual war...
Mar 14 2012 03:03am
Quote (thundercock @ Mar 14 2012 10:58am)
lol?

Are you serious?  Against aircraft carrier groups? 
We have 3 of these in the region right now...we'd have more during an actual war...

What is the relation of how many aircraft groups there are? I'll answer that for you.
The more airplanes/bombardment capability you have active the shorter time you need to strike a location after a rocket fire is detected.
How much time on average will that take? And how much time will it take to make a launcher disappear underground?
If the first is longer than the second, you can't destroy the launchers with simple airstrikes/bombardment.
Gold: 12,730.67
Mar 14 2012 03:05am
Quote (ZingerSupreme @ Mar 14 2012 09:03am)
What is the relation of how many aircraft groups there are? I'll answer that for you.
The more airplanes/bombardment capability you have active the shorter time you need to strike a location after a rocket fire is detected.
How much time on average will that take? And how much time will it take to make a launcher disappear underground?
If the first is longer than the second, you can't destroy the launchers with simple airstrikes/bombardment.

How are they going to know where to shoot the rockets? You realize that their radar would have been destroyed through tactical bombing runs right?
Mar 14 2012 03:05am
I got an idea, just nuke them.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 580.00
Trader: Trusted
Mar 14 2012 03:06am
Quote (ZingerSupreme @ 14 Mar 2012 10:49)
He was wrong because they faced new tactics they did not expect, and our friend MyEnemy here still doesn't know about it and is taught to think having air power is automatic win.
Also, the psychological effect of the attacks were much less than they expected.
No one was "shocked" or "awed" and everyone stayed focused.

no we expected every move thats why we did have many losts.
we did had a lack in man power, besides you can compare Iran to Hizbollah.
Iran knows to fight only in Asymetric war while Hizbollah know only Guirella.

Quote (ZingerSupreme @ 14 Mar 2012 10:49)
Not in a direct confrontation of course not.
But it is enough to complicate the operation severely not like fellow MyEnemy pictures it as a walk in the park.
After all Hezbollah was using even more outdated technology and that was enough to several complicate the IDF operation to the point of none feasibility.

Israel doesn't have the power to do what the US can do, we can not cause damage mindlessly and harm civlians.
The US can afford to do what ever it wants since they are the greatest power on this planet.

The US airforce can stop Iran in a matter of days, the only problem I inticipate is the post war control.
Will it be like Iraq? or you learned from your mistakes? can it even be done otherwise?

Retired Moderator
Gold: 580.00
Trader: Trusted
Mar 14 2012 03:08am
Quote (ZingerSupreme @ 14 Mar 2012 11:03)

Shooting rockets is not like shooting scud missle.
You need to prepare him it takes a lot of time to launch a scud.
Furthermore you can and will destroy launcher with an air strike just like the Israelis destroyed the entire egyption air force in a pre attack.
Mar 14 2012 03:14am
NO.

Mar 14 2012 03:16am
Quote (Many_Names @ Mar 14 2012 11:08am)
Shooting rockets is not like shooting scud missle.
You need to prepare him it takes a lot of time to launch a scud.

I know. But is it impossible to do it? No it is not, just harder.
If you are determined and creative like Iranians you can master this.
I don't know the technical side, of how to detect a missile under preparation and how to hide it after.
But I am pretty sure that even Hezbollah can do it.

This post was edited by ZingerSupreme on Mar 14 2012 03:17am
Mar 14 2012 03:19am
Quote (thundercock @ Mar 14 2012 11:05am)
How are they going to know where to shoot the rockets?  You realize that their radar would have been destroyed through tactical bombing runs right?

They don't need radar for ground targets.
For sea, I am not sure, maybe they can't and maybe there is a way.
One way to find out for sure.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14567815Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll