d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling > Official Professional Wrestling Discussion Thread
Prev1113611371138113911401793Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.01
Warn: 30%
Mar 26 2017 11:45am
Quote (jackzors @ Mar 26 2017 12:37pm)
Doesnt matter who he wrestles at mania he is completely done doesnt have a damn thing to give anymore
Personally id have stroman in there but outside of him and reigns who else is even worthy, maybe cena but taler cant do what he used to so itd be half the match it woulda been even 5 years ago

Sucks itll be reigns to beat him and send him on his way but id rather it just happen already , taker said how many times he was back and never was even back

Honestly should have retired after losing to Lesnar, he looked like shit that match, concussion and all. Only went downhill from there.

Was really hoping to see Taker/Cena but God forbid Vince actually listens to his fanbase

The ONLY way this match will even be remotely interesting is if we finally get the full blown Reigns heel turn. Not just heel manneurisms.
Mar 26 2017 02:08pm
Oh man I was going through stuff and found my autographed picture of Mickie James from yeears ago, can't remember when exactly but at least 10+ years ago

Still as hot as she was back then and the nicest person
Gold: 131,887.50
Mar 26 2017 04:13pm
Quote (Goodell4President @ Mar 26 2017 09:45am)
Honestly should have retired after losing to Lesnar, he looked like shit that match, concussion and all. Only went downhill from there.

Was really hoping to see Taker/Cena but God forbid Vince actually listens to his fanbase

The ONLY way this match will even be remotely interesting is if we finally get the full blown Reigns heel turn. Not just heel manneurisms.

Should have had Taker/Cena at WM 27. Would've been better than Taker/HHH and better than Miz/Cena.

This post was edited by Brayon on Mar 26 2017 04:14pm
Mar 26 2017 04:18pm
Quote (Brayon @ Mar 26 2017 05:13pm)
Should have had Taker/Cena at WM 27. Would've been better than Taker/HHH and better than Miz/Cena.

Miz/Cena was definitely 100% garbage, but cmon both HHH/Taker matches were amazing (Especially the second.)
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 20%
Mar 26 2017 04:20pm
Quote (Goodell4President @ Mar 26 2017 01:27pm)
I know it's Takers choice (For the most part, Vince still has final say.) I'm not arguing that.

The point of him wanting Roman as his last ever match though is a joke. The way he looked on Raw, no way he doesn't retire after this.

Plus the fact that he needs hip surgery and once he gets it he's 100% done from what I've read.

I know you like Roman, but the only time he was ever over was being the muscle of The Shield. The closest he ever got to being over as a singles competitor was the whole ordeal with Vince.

Trying way too hard to continuously push him in the main event over and over even though he ALWAYS gets terrible reactions (You can clearly tell the boos are being edited out by Kevin Dunn and the sound truck.)

Like said here not too long ago, he was doing fine in the midcard and was even getting some positive reactions as the U.S Champ feuding with Rusev

I just don't understand why you like him so much currently, I guess.

"I know you like Roman so much", well that's not really true. I am Not a huge reigns fan but I enjoy most of his matches, I like that he's not a midget, decent look and when he's portrayed as a badass who just says a few words without smilling hes pretty good
Unfortunately the period of time where they tried to make him cena 2.0 with the silly dumb jokes and smilly face ruined him for alot of people which is understandable...but hes not that hard to watch anymore

The feud with taker sucks because of taker (never there to build up the damn feud except for 2mins at the end of each show), not because of reigns.....the match will be interesting with all the boo's and hate though. im looking forward to it.

It's not like I have a choice to like Reigns anyway...everybody else on the roster is a bum.......both raw and smackdown have like 5-6 people each I care about and don't care about 90% of the other wrestlers.
Reigns is much better than people like fandango, cruiserweights, ziggler (liked him for many years but im done w him now), apolo creuz, etc

I like mostly wrestlers who I look and im like "yeah...this guy can legit kick my ass in real life" I dont really care for these little guys exceptions of few people

Also reigns beating taker is fine.....who honestly is legit enough to have a match with taker? AND then win?

All the people credible enough are all people who have already faced undertaker and are all in their 40s almost or higher
Kevin Owens comes to mind because he's prob the best next top main eventer to move up there but he's just not the right guy to carry taker in a match ++ shouldnt ever beat him at a wrestlemania
AJ Styles would be great pick but he's 40 years old.....too old to get a win vs taker and he doesnt need a win. he's major over and best wrestler on raw and smackdown atm (with miz)
Seth Rollins would actually be legit good but he's had the Triple H's help all throughout his career he doesn't really need a taker win he benefits more of a triple h win at mania then taker kindof atm.

And if this is truly taker's last match and rollins and hhh have a feud for like a year, same with owens and jericho its not like you can seperate those feuds and put them vs taker
After that....only reigns thats available again.
There's not enough legit young stars in wwe credible enough to beat taker other then reigns and like 2-3 people but they aren't the right guys cuz either too old etc
Reigns only 31.
Gold: 131,887.50
Mar 26 2017 04:23pm
Quote (Goodell4President @ Mar 26 2017 02:18pm)
Miz/Cena was definitely 100% garbage, but cmon both HHH/Taker matches were amazing (Especially the second.)

I liked the second one. I wasn't a huge fan of the first one. I'd rather have seen Cena/Taker. Back then, Taker was in way better shape than he is now. I'm a huge Taker fan, but it's been painful watching him the last few years. I hope this is his last match just for the sake of his health.
Gold: 4,727.69
Mar 26 2017 04:23pm
John Cena
Mar 26 2017 04:51pm
Quote (Brayon @ Mar 26 2017 05:23pm)
I liked the second one. I wasn't a huge fan of the first one. I'd rather have seen Cena/Taker. Back then, Taker was in way better shape than he is now. I'm a huge Taker fan, but it's been painful watching him the last few years. I hope this is his last match just for the sake of his health.

I agree, but I think you just hit the nail on the coffin. I think that's EXACTLY why he's doing it to try to prove a point, but I honestly think it's going to cost him even more of his health, I just want him to retire under his own power. Obviously a shoe in for the HoF. Curious as to who would induct him.

Quote (Nevada @ Mar 26 2017 05:20pm)
"I know you like Roman so much", well that's not really true. I am Not a huge reigns fan but I enjoy most of his matches, I like that he's not a midget, decent look and when he's portrayed as a badass who just says a few words without smilling hes pretty good
Unfortunately the period of time where they tried to make him cena 2.0 with the silly dumb jokes and smilly face ruined him for alot of people which is understandable...but hes not that hard to watch anymore

The feud with taker sucks because of taker (never there to build up the damn feud except for 2mins at the end of each show), not because of reigns.....the match will be interesting with all the boo's and hate though. im looking forward to it.

It's not like I have a choice to like Reigns anyway...everybody else on the roster is a bum.......both raw and smackdown have like 5-6 people each I care about and don't care about 90% of the other wrestlers.
Reigns is much better than people like fandango, cruiserweights, ziggler (liked him for many years but im done w him now), apolo creuz, etc

I like mostly wrestlers who I look and im like "yeah...this guy can legit kick my ass in real life" I dont really care for these little guys exceptions of few people

Also reigns beating taker is fine.....who honestly is legit enough to have a match with taker? AND then win?

All the people credible enough are all people who have already faced undertaker and are all in their 40s almost or higher
Kevin Owens comes to mind because he's prob the best next top main eventer to move up there but he's just not the right guy to carry taker in a match ++ shouldnt ever beat him at a wrestlemania
AJ Styles would be great pick but he's 40 years old.....too old to get a win vs taker and he doesnt need a win. he's major over and best wrestler on raw and smackdown atm (with miz)
Seth Rollins would actually be legit good but he's had the Triple H's help all throughout his career he doesn't really need a taker win he benefits more of a triple h win at mania then taker kindof atm.

And if this is truly taker's last match and rollins and hhh have a feud for like a year, same with owens and jericho its not like you can seperate those feuds and put them vs taker
After that....only reigns thats available again.
There's not enough legit young stars in wwe credible enough to beat taker other then reigns and like 2-3 people but they aren't the right guys cuz either too old etc
Reigns only 31.

I get that you're not a fan of people that aren't bigger (Rollins, Balor, basically anyone not a Heavyweight) but I honestly don't think you have given them a chance to prove you wrong. You simply write them off as not worth your time without actually watching them. Take Balor for example, if you would check out some of his NJPW matches as Prince Devitt I PROMISE you you would become a fan of his. The man oozes charisma and is 100% the IT factor, and proves you don't have to be a bodybuilder to be over. You should know size doesn't determine ability. Ask people like Rey Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero, etc.

Has Reigns improved? Maybe. But in the end it STILL comes down to the same choreography of the same couple of moves for him and STILL proves that it doesn't take much to make him winded. His endurance is worse than Goldberg's.

As a face, Roman will NEVER EVER get over, no matter what you say or how much you side with him. He's proven he isn't main event material and the only reason he's even relevant is because of who he's related to. I can see your point, the Raw roster is pathetically weak especially compared to SmackDowns but let's look at what could have been:

Braun Strowman. Should have been the best choice this year, the guy has improved tenfold from this time last year and 100% comes off as a threat to The Phenom
Cesaro - While he hasn't gotten a push in the longest time, I honestly believe he's one of the few that has the pure strength to go toe to toe with him. I fault his failures on Creative's bookings of him.
Rusev - Another Creative failure, I remember when he was being pushed as an unstoppable monster and would have had no problem squaring off with The Deadman. Chalk another one to booking.
Mark Henry - Another good idea. Henry has sort of been bounced around for most of his career and as far as I'm concerned, the whole Hall of Pain was his peak and could STILL have been a force in todays WWE.

See a similarity? I do. It's Creative, they fail to create any sort of Superstars and instead try to force Vince approved wrestlers down our throats.

Owens is another great choice like you said, but I think his look puts people off. When you think WWE Superstar, that's not what you imagine. (Not knocking him, he's probably my favorite in the company atm). And on the mic, I honestly think he could one-up Taker with the mind games and storyline continuity.

Styles you're dead right on, this is something that should have happened YEARS ago and as you said, I feel like with his age his ceiling is very limited. I believe he's going to put over who he can while he's here but not much more than that.

I think you swung and missed on Rollins. I believe the HHH help has helped to ELEVATE his career, but nobody could have gotten Seth freakin' Rollins over other than Seth freakin' Rollins. Seeing his matches from NXT all the way to WWE, he grew as a person and a character and I still believe he can be the future of the company assuming he can overcome these injuries to help explode his career even further after his war with Hunter.

Mar 26 2017 06:33pm
Quote (Goodell4President @ Mar 26 2017 06:51pm)
I agree, but I think you just hit the nail on the coffin. I think that's EXACTLY why he's doing it to try to prove a point, but I honestly think it's going to cost him even more of his health, I just want him to retire under his own power. Obviously a shoe in for the HoF. Curious as to who would induct him.

I get that you're not a fan of people that aren't bigger (Rollins, Balor, basically anyone not a Heavyweight) but I honestly don't think you have given them a chance to prove you wrong. You simply write them off as not worth your time without actually watching them. Take Balor for example, if you would check out some of his NJPW matches as Prince Devitt I PROMISE you you would become a fan of his. The man oozes charisma and is 100% the IT factor, and proves you don't have to be a bodybuilder to be over. You should know size doesn't determine ability. Ask people like Rey Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero, etc.

Has Reigns improved? Maybe. But in the end it STILL comes down to the same choreography of the same couple of moves for him and STILL proves that it doesn't take much to make him winded. His endurance is worse than Goldberg's.

As a face, Roman will NEVER EVER get over, no matter what you say or how much you side with him. He's proven he isn't main event material and the only reason he's even relevant is because of who he's related to. I can see your point, the Raw roster is pathetically weak especially compared to SmackDowns but let's look at what could have been:

Braun Strowman. Should have been the best choice this year, the guy has improved tenfold from this time last year and 100% comes off as a threat to The Phenom
Cesaro - While he hasn't gotten a push in the longest time, I honestly believe he's one of the few that has the pure strength to go toe to toe with him. I fault his failures on Creative's bookings of him.
Rusev - Another Creative failure, I remember when he was being pushed as an unstoppable monster and would have had no problem squaring off with The Deadman. Chalk another one to booking.
Mark Henry - Another good idea. Henry has sort of been bounced around for most of his career and as far as I'm concerned, the whole Hall of Pain was his peak and could STILL have been a force in todays WWE.

See a similarity? I do. It's Creative, they fail to create any sort of Superstars and instead try to force Vince approved wrestlers down our throats.

Owens is another great choice like you said, but I think his look puts people off. When you think WWE Superstar, that's not what you imagine. (Not knocking him, he's probably my favorite in the company atm). And on the mic, I honestly think he could one-up Taker with the mind games and storyline continuity.

Styles you're dead right on, this is something that should have happened YEARS ago and as you said, I feel like with his age his ceiling is very limited. I believe he's going to put over who he can while he's here but not much more than that.

I think you swung and missed on Rollins. I believe the HHH help has helped to ELEVATE his career, but nobody could have gotten Seth freakin' Rollins over other than Seth freakin' Rollins. Seeing his matches from NXT all the way to WWE, he grew as a person and a character and I still believe he can be the future of the company assuming he can overcome these injuries to help explode his career even further after his war with Hunter.

Is this centurylink? if so cmon man you should know im a huge rollins fan. We did the draft last year, I picked Rollins as my #1 draft. dont remember?
He's in my top 5-7 with orton, miz, aj styles, triple h, lesnar and fastly growing strowman until they ruin his booking etc
He's dropped a bit recently on my list because he's injury prone af now it seems but I love everything about Rollins.

Fin balor heh, I havn't seen much of him yet to judge 100% yet but from what I've seen in NXT and RAW. I just dont like his accent its super annoying, his mic skills are horrid and his carisma is zero unless he is in the demon ++ super small guy, he looks like a vampire.
Reigns SHOULD turn heel, not denying that....I want him to but they won't. lol

Now to address your list of who should beat taker..

Braun Strowman - would be a great pick but it's few months too early or even 1 year too early...the guy couldn't beat Reigns and he doesn't have ONE credible victory on PPV against any huge name. it's just way too soon to have him beat Taker, if lets say he Beat rollins, reigns, cena, goldberg, lesnar, triple h, orton, styles. any 2-3 names on PPV then sure go and beat taker at the end of the year but he has 0 wins against anybody on PPV beside Reigns I think? even there...think hes like 1-2 vs Reigns, my memory sucks atm I cant recall the win loss between the 2 but I think reigns got him on PPV
I never thought I'd like braun when he was in the wyatts, the dude did a complete 360 and made me care for him......thats rare it happens but hes had godly booking since the draft minus him losing to reigns and getting speared/chokeslam by reigns/taker

Cesaro - This guy is not a main eventer, he's a glorified midcarder...Cesaro is boring as fuck....great in ring but a potato has more carisma and better mic skills than this guy, his moveset is pretty repetitive now too.
He shouldn't ever be world champion at all let alone ever beat Taker...Cmon
I think the desperation in some fans when they see someone who deserve better (IE; he should at least be a mid card champion, not stuck with sheamus tag team with random jobbers) let you believe unrealistic things about him
Just because he might be badly booked and deserve better doesnt mean he deserves the moon...cesaro is not a star lol
People just like to chant for underdogs, if cesaro were to become world champion etc, people would get tired of him after few months and nobody would even bring cesaro sections signs to raw.

Rusev - He's better than Cesaro but not really world champion material, at least not yet never seen anything out of the ordinary with him yet.
Should never beat taker at this very moment, ever.

Mark Henry, has been off TV for wayyyyyy too long to come back a month before wrestlemania and beat taker. and he's too old...That match would be TERRIBLE.
The point of beating taker is for someone to stay after for many years and maybe get some heat on them like lesnar and heyman did for years saying they beat taker
Mark henry would retire.

There's only 3-4 good Legit picks. (not fantasy or just want ur favs to beat taker who have ZERO momentum like cesaro)

- Reigns (because he is the guy as he says lmao, and hes the only guy not in a feud) makes most sense but should def turn heel..
at least reigns would be Legit, you could believe this guy could kick taker's ass...its realistic
++ you know WWE is gonna have him be a main eventer for next 12 years so might as well boost him up some more and make him the standard bearer

- Miz (Getting a bit older but he looks better age wise than most wrestler in their late 20s and early 30s for his age...++ doing best work of his career and has another 10 years in him, never gets injured ever..)
Imagine all the heat he'd get on the microphone ++ would make him a major main eventer for rest of his career, hes never had that defining moment in his career that says "ok I made it im a main eventer for life" this could be it.
But we all know its not a realistic pick knowing wwe they would never do that...they wouldn't have hbk x2, triple h x2, orton, batista, edge, etcccc all lose just so miz can beat him lol

- Rollins, another great pick....this guy could have the momentum for years too hes only 30 but let's assume this is taker's last match...I taker HHH vs Rollins over Rollins vs TAKER just cuz story calls for it and they been building for a year
Let's assume though that the story with HHH never happens...no build and he's still a heel, he would be my pick

- Braun Strowman...the dude is fucking amazing right now and a major badass, even his voice is badass and he seems pretty good on the mic backstage...idk about in-ring long promo though but he doesn't need to cut long promos
Though like I said, has no wins over anybody big on PPV...you cant have him beat taker without having him beat big names before
I'd be down for it next year...this year could worked but let the man prove himself a bit more first. let him be the world champion first etc.

Have you seen his physique change? its amazing. he should totally wrestle shirtless. he looks more badass than with the bigshow jacket or whatever u call that

AJ styles if he wasn't 40 years old. but he's so over and already a main eventer, doesn't even need a taker win at this point.

Mar 26 2017 06:41pm
Now if you read the last 5 part of my "legit picks" that make sense. assuming this is the final taker's match

After you realize that

-Miz they would never let him beat taker at mania even tho it would make sense and it would give him a huge boost and he could be so over on the mic, talking shit about it for years.
-Rollins is better fighting triple H than taker
- Strowman months too early but would be a great pick otherwise, i'd have him be universal champion first or beat 2-3 huge name back to back on ppv or something like that
-AJ styles too old and already a huge star main eventer for rest of his career unless he does something and they want to bury him on purpose

Only guy left = roman reigns
Not a terrible pick...not the best but it makes sense if you read everything I said

Just turn him heel.

This post was edited by Nevada on Mar 26 2017 06:43pm
Go Back To Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling Topic List
Prev1113611371138113911401793Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll