d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Scaryghoul's V1.13 Vita Bone Necromancer Guide
Prev1121314
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 40,000.00
Nov 30 2010 08:28pm
Quote (Scaryghoul @ Dec 1 2010 02:24am)
Bear druids? Like the summoners?

im assuming he means windy druids that use bear instead of wolves.

spirit train/walk->spear > them
Gold: 11.11
Warn: 40%
Nov 30 2010 08:28pm
Quote (Scaryghoul @ Nov 30 2010 09:19pm)
Mind stating a reason why?

well, just a few examples as I've only skimmed this guide; you didn't go too in depth as to what teeth is really useful for, you just said it's for harassment and annoyance. it's very useful versus trap assassin, it's also incredibly useful to use on a character that is being mindblasted (i.e. trap/necro in 2v2/3v3/4v4/etc). it's xx-xxx amount of missiles hitting something that has weapon block, putting it in to a block animation. if you were to duel an assassin and never use teeth, or not know how to use it, you would be at a great disadvantage.

this one made me laugh:

Quote (Up-spear)
- This is something most necromancers don't use and is hard to tell when it is appropriate but it is still a very handy skill to use. When you think a player has a namelock on you(And they don't do insane instant damage when they land, I.E. hammerdins & BvC's) fire spears north and when they stomp you, your spears should automatically hit them.

everyone uses that and has used that for ages, it's nothing new. I'm not sure where you duel, if it's limited to public dueling or what, but there's nothing secret or private about that tactic.. it's pretty bad to use as well.

you didn't state the uses of boxes, while you stated the use of "corners". boxes and walls are better to use than corners, if you're pushed in to a corner you're likely fucked and it will be hard to get out unless you can c/t tele or wsg around the corner to the other side. it also depends on the corner, convex or concave. do you mean corners or edges?

why didn't you mention anything to do with c/t casting or teleporting? this is just a very basic guide for any public necromancer, there's nothing special to it at all. it has some basic things, that's nice for a beginner, but it's nothing for an expert.

there's tons and tons of tactics, it's not limited to what you posted. you didn't explain solo duels, team duels, private duels, public duels, pride duels. how to bait, how to duel in and with teams, what your responsibilities as a necromancer are, etc. missing some very key elements in this, could be much more in depth. just skimming through it and doing a quick analysis I can see a lot of things wrong with it.

edit: wsg isn't just used for running or getting away from things either, I wsg on every class and I use it to attack or maneuver myself to a good position and set up kills more than I use it to run away.

edit 2: there are also grammar mistakes and poor sentence structuring at times, this can't be taken seriously. put some more effort and research in to it and do it properly.

This post was edited by ReinNoSekai on Nov 30 2010 08:30pm
Gold: 40,000.00
Nov 30 2010 08:33pm
[QUOTE=ReinNoSekai,Dec 1 2010 02:28am][QUOTE=Scaryghoul,Nov 30 2010 09:19pm]Mind stating a reason why?[/QUOTE]

well, just a few examples as I've only skimmed this guide; you didn't go too in depth as to what teeth is really useful for, you just said it's for harassment and annoyance. it's very useful versus trap assassin, it's also incredibly useful to use on a character that is being mindblasted (i.e. trap/necro in 2v2/3v3/4v4/etc). it's xx-xxx amount of missiles hitting something that has weapon block, putting it in to a block animation. if you were to duel an assassin and never use teeth, or not know how to use it, you would be at a great disadvantage.

this one made me laugh:

[QUOTEQuote (Up-spear)]- This is something most necromancers don't use and is hard to tell when it is appropriate but it is still a very handy skill to use. When you think a player has a namelock on you(And they don't do insane instant damage when they land, I.E. hammerdins & BvC's) fire spears north and when they stomp you, your spears should automatically hit them.[/QUOTE]

everyone uses that and has used that for ages, it's nothing new. I'm not sure where you duel, if it's limited to public dueling or what, but there's nothing secret or private about that tactic.. it's pretty bad to use as well.

you didn't state the uses of boxes, while you stated the use of "corners". boxes and walls are better to use than corners, if you're pushed in to a corner you're likely fucked and it will be hard to get out unless you can c/t tele or wsg around the corner to the other side. it also depends on the corner, convex or concave. do you mean corners or edges?

why didn't you mention anything to do with c/t casting or teleporting? this is just a very basic guide for any public necromancer, there's nothing special to it at all. it has some basic things, that's nice for a beginner, but it's nothing for an expert.

there's tons and tons of tactics, it's not limited to what you posted. you didn't explain solo duels, team duels, private duels, public duels, pride duels. how to bait, how to duel in and with teams, what your responsibilities as a necromancer are, etc. missing some very key elements in this, could be much more in depth. just skimming through it and doing a quick analysis I can see a lot of things wrong with it.

edit: wsg isn't just used for running or getting away from things either, I wsg on every class and I use it to attack or maneuver myself to a good position and set up kills more than I use it to run away.[/QUOTE]

if you were an expert, would you really need a guide?
Gold: 11.11
Warn: 40%
Nov 30 2010 08:35pm
Quote (Soccergoal10 @ Nov 30 2010 09:33pm)
if you were an expert, would you really need a guide?

no, but how will you become an expert without expert tips? you want to spend three to four years finding it out on your own? what is the purpose of a guide if it's complete shit?

edit: don't forget what this stemmed from;

Quote (ReinNoSekai @ Nov 30 2010 09:15pm)
what a noob's guide.

Quote (Scaryghoul @ Nov 30 2010 09:19pm)
Mind stating a reason why?

This post was edited by ReinNoSekai on Nov 30 2010 08:36pm
Gold: 4,767.60
Nov 30 2010 08:44pm
Quote (ReinNoSekai @ Nov 30 2010 10:28pm)

this one made me laugh:

edit: wsg isn't just used for running or getting away from things either, I wsg on every class and I use it to attack or maneuver myself to a good position and set up kills more than I use it to run away.

edit 2: there are also grammar mistakes and poor sentence structuring at times, this can't be taken seriously. put some more effort and research in to it and do it properly.

Well if you feel the need to inform the public of what you think I didn't cover, go for it. No disagreements here. I know I overlooked a lot(Not sure how I overlooked boxes though). Although this is my last guide revision since I don't play anymore(Unless I start up in between semesters during winter but I have other plans for that time).

Quote (ReinNoSekai @ Nov 30 2010 10:35pm)
no, but how will you become an expert without expert tips? you want to spend three to four years finding it out on your own? what is the purpose of a guide if it's complete shit?

edit: don't forget what this stemmed from;

Well no one becomes a pro from reading a guide, even you can see that. A guide is just something to get you started with the basics. You become an expert from PvPing with a variety of crowds and practice.

This post was edited by Scaryghoul on Nov 30 2010 08:45pm
Gold: 0.00
Nov 30 2010 10:37pm
Yes, spirit train and walk should kill them?

Ok Ill try that oh and remember guys, it's a guide. Full pure strategy has nothing to do with it. Some tips only.

This post was edited by ValkAKAValk on Nov 30 2010 10:38pm
Gold: 4,767.60
Nov 30 2010 10:42pm
Quote (ValkAKAValk @ Dec 1 2010 12:37am)
Yes, spirit train and walk should kill them?

Ok Ill try that oh and remember guys, it's a guide. Full pure strategy has nothing to do with it. Some tips only.

Indeed, Soccergoal is correct. Don't forget to spear when you walk every time you get the chance.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1121314
Add Reply New Topic New Poll