d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The Bowassin > Compiled My Guide
Prev123458Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 125.00
Oct 17 2006 07:05pm
Quote (Oog @ Wed, Oct 18 2006, 01:03am)
They dont have challenging duels... I mean every1 is at the same lvl THAT IS NO FUN. Dueling ppl with more shit than u (e.g. bmanas 320s, valk, btals etc) is more fun then dueling like we used to do in classic. LAdder=gay classic

So now it's about dueling someone who is better than you?

bmana = bm and not legitimate. Aren't they only on us.east too?
3/20/20's = you can find these on ladder too! They are not as common, but if you are a compeditive PvP'er you can find duels against players with 20+ of them. (not necissarily 3/20/20, often 3/19/20 or 3/20/19).
valk = these are on ladder. My friend just xfered one with me last night. They're very common, actually.
wiz spike gloves (you didn't mention) are also very common on ladder.

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Oct 17 2006 07:05pm
Gold: 0.00
Oct 18 2006 05:37am
Ladder is for some1 without much of a life. If you have no life you play ladder b/c u have time to waste getting your d2 items little by little. Otherwise u play nl cuz it is ezier to get MOST items so that you do not have to put 1/2 ur life into playing the game for just one char. Get it?
Oct 18 2006 01:33pm
Here is my bowasin/ww/trap guide, it totally owns yours http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showtopic=4521492&st=0&#entry23164996
Oct 18 2006 02:00pm
Quote (Oog @ Wed, Oct 18 2006, 11:37am)
Ladder is for some1 without much of a life. If you have no life you play ladder b/c u have time to waste getting your d2 items little by little. Otherwise u play nl cuz it is ezier to get MOST items so that you do not have to put 1/2 ur life into playing the game for just one char. Get it?

You keep on arguing with different ideas. First you say my guide is noobish because it's based on playing US.West ladder (which doesn't matter much, I don't downgrade anything you should wear). Then you say my guide sucks because it's ON US.West ladder (makes no sense) and US.West ladder isn't cool 'cause it's not "challenging enough". THEN you say playing ladder means I have no life because I spend too much time getting items (not true, and a very bad assumption.

As for your guide: I will read it now. Please stop with the bashing of "it totally owns yours" bullshit.
Oct 18 2006 02:04pm
Quote (Oog @ Wed, Oct 18 2006, 07:33pm)
Here is my bowasin/ww/trap guide, it totally owns yours http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showtopic=4521492&st=0&#entry23164996

I read your guide through. What you have over mine, at the moment, is a list of dueling strategies; most of the rest is similar to everything I have said. Unless if you want to continue flaming me, I won't go into detail about the things your guide lacks. I guess I better get started on the expansion to my guide.

I did read that you'll be adding on to your guide, but it might be a better idea to get a slightly better layout first. X_X

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Oct 18 2006 02:04pm
Oct 18 2006 02:25pm
Part I of Expansion to the Bowassin Guide:
General Gear Alternatives Continued...

Additional Main-Gear Item Alternatives

Helm: None. There is no change here.
Amulet: None. There is no change here.
Weapon: For your alternate switch (bow on one switch, alternative switch is the other), you have some new choices -
#1: Death's Web socketed with 'um' for a kicker. Your choice of shields are stormshield (especially if you are using a circlet this is a good choice), 20/20 poison shield (not bad, but not essential), or a decent shield of your choice (use judgement here).
#2: Last Wish phase blade. Good for lifetap when kicking. For your shield, you should use stormshield with this.
note: do not use grief for a kicker...
Belt: None. There is no change here.
Boots: Shadow Dancers are a new boots alternative. These provide a higher amount of kick damage, a great amount of dexterity, and extra shadow skills. If you plan on being a bowassin/kicker, I would suggest these boots; if you don't use these and you kick, marrowalk should be your second choice.
!note: Just a note... if you want to do some crazy stuff with your bowassin from time to time, and don't care about repair costs, wear marrowalks and cast life tap and bone prison during duels. This can really make a difference (though you may be called bm).
Gloves: There should be no change here. An item to look at is dracul's, though I wouldn't suggest it (just an alternative open wound source).
Ring Alternatives: No new alternatives.
Charms: Consider life/shadow skill gc's based on how you are going to build your assassin. These can really help in duels. Trap gc's are still a good choice. 3/20/20's or ar/life charms are also useful. Resist small charms will often come in handy.
Bow: Widow Maker can also be socketed with a 'nef' rune for knockback. You generally want to use knockback in your duels, so this is another place to get it.

Additional Prebuff Choices (adding on to prebuff choices from the original guide)
(note most prebuff is considered bm)

Helm: 5/x poison facet shako, 15/xx poison facet shadow skill circlet
note- by having the poison facet circlet, you will have to prebuff bo's, then put it on and prebuff venom. The shako may be more convenient because you can prebuff a decent venom while bo'ing, rather than having to switch items around.
Claws: Poison faceted venom claws can be useful for your venom. Once again, these will add to the time it takes to prebuff.
Armor - Bramble (prebuff venom).
SoJ/BK - Additional skills on prebuff

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Oct 18 2006 02:31pm
Oct 18 2006 02:25pm
Better layout? how can u get a better layout? u have 95 all res (which is stacked in hell) you hit around 4k or so life, and 1k mana, you also have 8.6k traps, and maxed venom for your bow/ww, so wut can u improve kid? plz tell me since i apparetnly know nothing yet i had a bowa in .10 that raped east w/o anni and there was no torch, PLZ TELL ME KID.
Oct 18 2006 02:29pm
Quote (Oog @ Wed, Oct 18 2006, 08:25pm)
Better layout? how can u get a better layout? u have 95 all res (which is stacked in hell) you hit around 4k or so life, and 1k mana, you also have 8.6k traps, and maxed venom for your bow/ww, so wut can u improve kid? plz tell me since i apparetnly know nothing yet i had a bowa in .10 that raped east w/o anni and there was no torch, PLZ TELL ME KID.

Stop flaming, seriously. When I said layout, I was referring to the way you present your guide. I am not too picky about this, but I'm just suggesting you try to keep your item choices all in one section (not having the fire trap choice at the bottom), the type of item listed beside the item (ex. helm: crown of ages... rather than just saying crown of ages).
Oct 18 2006 10:11pm
Ok listen kiddie, this build was based on lightning traps, i setup an alternate solution for ppl who do not like lvling that much, ok so im not gonna right an entire new guide just for fire traps instead, its a diff build so listed lower, get it?
Oct 18 2006 10:28pm
Quote (Oog @ Thu, Oct 19 2006, 04:11am)
Ok listen kiddie, this build was based on lightning traps, i setup an alternate solution for ppl who do not like lvling that much, ok so im not gonna right an entire new guide just for fire traps instead, its a diff build so listed lower, get it?

I think you're on a whole different level of thought... I'm saying the layout (general presentation) is not that great compared to most guides. I was pointing out that adding an alternative at the bottom was just one example of something that could have been improved upon (not trying to be too specific, just giving examples). Another example would be you didn't explain any of your item choices, and didn't give many alternative choices.

I completely get what you're saying, there's nothing you say that confuses me... it's more the hypocrasy, ignorance, and general unreasonable flaming that's bothering me.

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Oct 18 2006 10:29pm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev123458Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll