d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The Bowassin > Compiled My Guide
Prev12348Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 125.00
Oct 16 2006 10:00pm
Quote (Semperfy06 @ Tue, Oct 17 2006, 03:05am)
does no1 like a coh for dueling casters?

Well, the problem with a CoH is the lack of run/walk speed and losing the ability to teleport. Although you can use dragon flight, often this is not enough. In addition, if you really want those extra resistances versus a caster for some reason, just cast fade (which will give you an excellent bonus in resist), that can be your substitution. You'll lose attack speed, though.

[edit]

I might be adding some more extensive stuff on the kicker bowassin in a bit. I'm also thinking about making another bowassin with fire traps instead of lightning traps to see how that works, since I haven't actually dealt with fire traps so much as I have lightning traps (I'll have to get myself a nice wake of fire trap claw).

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Oct 16 2006 10:07pm
Oct 16 2006 10:40pm
I'm going to actually update a few things on my personal bowassin setup:

After some time with my bowassin, I've found that putting an 'um' in my widowmaker makes a significant difference. The only way to do this, unless if using a circlet with one 15% ias jewel, is using 20% ias gloves. I chose to use 20% ias knockback gloves. So here is what I changed about my setup from what has been listed earlier in my build:

Widowmaker (39%ed/15% ias jewel) -> Widowmaker ('um')
Trang'Oul Gloves with clegclaw's on switch -> 20% ias knockback gloves
Fury Runeword Runic Talon -> Fool's Claw with nice mods, socketed with ('um') ~ irrelevent to the top two changes

I still keep my Trang'Oul gloves stashed, as well as my 15% ias widowmaker, incase if I get into certain matchups. Like I've said before, my personal setup is somewhat odd (not the guide itself, just the section in which I mention my personal setup), and not exactly recommended (it's the lazy-man's version of an ideal build, but definitely works all the same and it wouldn't disappoint you if you followed it exactly).

I will be adding on some new in-depth "GFG" options for a more domination-bound bowassin. This will include in-depth kicker information (since I didn't touch this subject as much). I will also add on to the alternative item selections, and the reasoning for each.

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Oct 16 2006 10:50pm
Gold: 0.00
Oct 17 2006 06:51am
right now i give it a 4/10 b/c you focus too much on dmg and ias, i mean come on, 1-2 fbs, or 1 litening, or 1 blizz, or even 1 foh>you
come on make it right...
Oct 17 2006 05:37pm
Quote (Oog @ Tue, Oct 17 2006, 12:51pm)
right now i give it a 4/10 b/c you focus too much on dmg and ias, i mean come on, 1-2 fbs, or 1 litening, or 1 blizz, or even 1 foh>you
come on make it right...

Maybe put some facts and reasoning behind your comments? I will be adding on an extention to the guide, to broaden the choices and focus on what is really good. The thing is really, this guide is not that specific (it's very general in what you choose to use); if you give it a 4/10... maybe that's your perception of what an assassin really should be? GL with making one...

IAS is not focussed on much on this build, in the sense that the bowassin is not devoting herself to ias gear (though it is stressed as being important). There are only two things you use to boost your ias: Burst of speed, and one item. Fade can be used in a duel - I guess I didn't talk about that much/at all - though the speed at which you can fire your bow, teleport, mindblast, and lay traps is far more important. With good dueling skills, you can avoid many FB's, blizzards, lightnings etc. by forcing the opponent to run away or get in FHR lock... or just outright killing the opponent.

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Oct 17 2006 05:45pm
Oct 17 2006 06:16pm
Like i said SORCS RAPE UR BUILD 1-2 HITS, u need res, and you only need burst of speed for ur ias, nothign else, it will not matter otherwise, and btw, ur build is sadly chosen, i will be posting my ww/trap/bowa hybrid soon on the guides, so maybe take a look at that when i post it so that maybe you will see how to write a real guide, not a summary of a junky ladder char that would die to a mfdin.
Oct 17 2006 06:52pm
Quote (Oog @ Wed, Oct 18 2006, 12:16am)
Like i said SORCS RAPE UR BUILD 1-2 HITS, u need res, and you only need burst of speed for ur ias, nothign else, it will not matter otherwise, and btw, ur build is sadly chosen, i will be posting my ww/trap/bowa hybrid soon on the guides, so maybe take a look at that when i post it so that maybe you will see how to write a real guide, not a summary of a junky ladder char that would die to a mfdin.

Way 2 flame, dumb ass. You're the only one here objecting to my build; not to mention you haven't included any reasoning behind what you say other than "LOW RES! O NOES!!!". I'll be adding the extention to my guide at the latest by tomorrow, and probably by tonight. Btw, Oog, if you had any brains whatsoever, you'd read my guide and understand the item choices where you can obtain resistances. I will go more into detail about stacking resistances, using fade when necissary (including while in the middle of dueling), and alternative choices (such as bm'ing sorb for pub duels).

[edit] I'm willing to go up against any challenges. I have my own bowassin; though it doesn't have some of the ideal item choices (ex. it doesn't have lifer trap gc's, just some normal ones), it works very well. I'll take any challenge... US.West ladder.

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Oct 17 2006 06:57pm
Oct 17 2006 06:57pm
no ur the idiot.... u hav eno clue wut it is like for ppl duelign PRO DUELERS NOT LADDER KIDS. ladder is nothign but a dueling joke, get on useast nl and duel with that shit build and i guarantee u die in pubs 10x in 4 mins
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 50%
Oct 17 2006 06:57pm
seems fun
Oct 17 2006 07:00pm
Quote (Oog @ Wed, Oct 18 2006, 12:57am)
no ur the idiot.... u hav eno clue wut it is like for ppl duelign PRO DUELERS NOT LADDER KIDS. ladder is nothign but a dueling joke, get on useast nl and duel with that shit build and i guarantee u die in pubs 10x in 4 mins

Read everything I've had to say. I haven't once said in here that the bowassin will pwn everyone, beat everyone, and dominate every game she walks into. I've only given an outline on what to actually do. This outline, as I have said is a "Brief overview of all that is bowassin". I will be going into more detail, as I said ABOVE, for options on a more "domination-bound" bowassin. READ.

BTW, no need to be so ignorant as to say "all ladder characters are a joke in duels". What is it that they don't have? Mass dupes? lol... sleep.gif
Oct 17 2006 07:03pm
They dont have challenging duels... I mean every1 is at the same lvl THAT IS NO FUN. Dueling ppl with more shit than u (e.g. bmanas 320s, valk, btals etc) is more fun then dueling like we used to do in classic. LAdder=gay classic
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev12348Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll