d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Lightning Sorceress Guide
Prev1234516Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 30%
Sep 11 2006 07:45pm
sweet build man im gonna try this out but i have a question can i do es build without ormus and staff n shit??
Gold: 6,051.00
Sep 13 2006 12:03am
i made my sorc light with your buid icon_pointr.gif sweeeeet biggrin.gif

thx 4 you cool.gif

This post was edited by frogg1978 on Sep 13 2006 12:03am
Gold: 0.00
Sep 26 2006 09:56am
ya I use a light as my main char. However, I use a perf light eschutas over Hoto. If Hoto really better for this build even though with my gear I have max resists? Also, I use to have a 17/15 clean griffs but with my Shako I did about 5k more dmg. Why is this if Griffs added 15% more light dmg? Is the added dmg invisible dmg like griefs? Thanks!!
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Sep 27 2006 02:42pm
what do you thinks is better for pvp ES or VITA?
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Oct 2 2006 04:42pm
how much dmg s hould a eser sorc have lite
Gold: 7,605.00
Oct 4 2006 03:36pm
Quote (Sparetire @ Tue, 26 Sep 2006, 17:56)
ya I use a light as my main char. However, I use a perf light eschutas over Hoto. If Hoto really better for this build even though with my gear I have max resists? Also, I use to have a 17/15 clean griffs but with my Shako I did about 5k more dmg. Why is this if Griffs added 15% more light dmg? Is the added dmg invisible dmg like griefs? Thanks!!

no, ur lightning mastery gives what? Like 63x% more light dmg? griffons % just adds to that dmg which ain't alot
so that way u get ur mastery up to 64x% instead of ur old 63x% etc

don't like this build, it's to "normal", almost as in a PvM build sry biggrin.gif
Gold: 8.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 4 2006 03:41pm
the ONLY reason to ever use griffons is if you're going for 200% fcr and have a 35% fcr spirit and want to trade one fcr ring for a SOJ. Otherwise, 3/20/2 or shako is better than griffons.

HOTO is ALWAYS better than Eschutas (not talking to the guide who made the guide, but it was asked here). You get more stacked resisit, more maximum mana, regeneration, dex, it's overall much better. And for lightning, mastery already gives a HUGE +% damage, so the 25% from eschutas doesn't make that much of a difference.

If you are gonna make a vita sorc, I highly suggest going 200% fcr. Sure, you lose some damage, but you attack twice as fast, so you can get 2 hits in the same time as 1 hit at lower cast. The damage is a bit better than 1/2 of damage at slower cast, so in the same time period you can do more damage.

Only go slower cast (117%) if you're gonna be ES. Not really worth the extra damage for a vita sorc.

Kinda too generic of a guide, and not so well organized~
Oct 4 2006 03:44pm
Quote (distortion- @ Wed, 4 Oct 2006, 23:41)
the ONLY reason to ever use griffons is if you're going for 200% fcr and have a 35% fcr spirit and want to trade one fcr ring for a SOJ. Otherwise, 3/20/2 or shako is better than griffons.

HOTO is ALWAYS better than Eschutas (not talking to the guide who made the guide, but it was asked here). You get more stacked resisit, more maximum mana, regeneration, dex, it's overall much better. And for lightning, mastery already gives a HUGE +% damage, so the 25% from eschutas doesn't make that much of a difference.

If you are gonna make a vita sorc, I highly suggest going 200% fcr. Sure, you lose some damage, but you attack twice as fast, so you can get 2 hits in the same time as 1 hit at lower cast. The damage is a bit better than 1/2 of damage at slower cast, so in the same time period you can do more damage.

Only go slower cast (117%) if you're gonna be ES. Not really worth the extra damage for a vita sorc.

Kinda too generic of a guide, and not so well organized~

i don't feel the same way as u do sry, i would anyday go for the 117 fcr / 142 fhr Vita build for light sorc

i reach up: 3.4k life with lvl 15 bo, 54k dmg, 125 fcr, 145 fhr with that build
or
i reach up: 3.8k life with lvl 15 bo, 54k dmg, 125 fcr, 86 fhr

that is by using eschu + a 3/20/2 circ + 3/100 amu and using treks, as i play euro and don't got hacked/bugged items like gspurs, fletch, etc etc

edit: and with 200 fcr, u are basically 100% relying on the gear ur using, means u can't swap gears for hgiher stacks and still ahve same stats, u can't swap gears for higher abs without losing this and that

and for a vita sorc, ABS / maxres IS very much needed, especially vs some chars

edit2: and for the Hoto, "You get more stacked resisit, more maximum mana, regeneration, dex"
using 20/xx's fire/light and u get easily 30-40+ stacks on both of them, and that is by using ur main gear
more max mana, who needs mana? as a vita sorc ur allowed to drink mana pots + +1 into warmth and u will never even need those mana pots
Regeneration, warmth?
Dex, why would u need dex? u can't sacrifice ur hoto/eschu vs a wizardspike, cause that will make u loose like 9-10k dmg

AND u also loose so important DIE jewel, by using HOTO, i dunno how many rounds that die jewel have made me end up in a TIE

This post was edited by CorZor^ on Oct 4 2006 03:49pm
Gold: 8.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 4 2006 03:55pm
my HOTO comment was directed towards ES sorces.

I don't really like having a Vita Light sorc. Sure, you can get huge max damage, but your min damage is tiny. This makes your attack very unpredictable. Because of this, as a vita sorc, an enemy can track you down and just attempt to tank a hit or two as he kills you. With slow cast, it is harder to avoid getting hit. That way, they can track you down easier and get a few hits on you. Even with 3.8k health, many chars will kill you quite easily with no buffer before your health (e.g. ES with mana),

Pretty much all of my comments are directed towards ES Light sorc because I view Vita Light sorc as a waste.

Sure, you do more damage and have more health, but it is WAY too easy to kill you.
Oct 4 2006 04:01pm
Quote (distortion- @ Wed, 4 Oct 2006, 23:55)
my HOTO comment was directed towards ES sorces.

I don't really like having a Vita Light sorc. Sure, you can get huge max damage, but your min damage is tiny. This makes your attack very unpredictable. Because of this, as a vita sorc, an enemy can track you down and just attempt to tank a hit or two as he kills you. With slow cast, it is harder to avoid getting hit. That way, they can track you down easier and get a few hits on you. Even with 3.8k health, many chars will kill you quite easily with no buffer before your health (e.g. ES with mana),

Pretty much all of my comments are directed towards ES Light sorc because I view Vita Light sorc as a waste.

Sure, you do more damage and have more health, but it is WAY too easy to kill you.

well as u view vita lights as a waste, im guessing ur experiences with them are low too?
as those comments, i dunno where u get them from

most chars, non absorbing ones, are easily killed within 3-4 hits, others needs like 7-8 or something..

i hardly loose as the way ur explaining vs anyone, noone that i can think of kill me EASY, and then im not some rabbit sorc that shoots and teleports 5 screens away to start shooting again, as that doesn't work with light sorcs very good, rather go offensive style

imo don't comment on things like "an enemy can track you down and just attempt to tank a hit or two as he kills you" cause apparently u know nothing about it, cause that ain't ever gonna happen

same with :"That way, they can track you down easier and get a few hits on you"
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1234516Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll