d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Last Wish Is Rubbish > Official Thread
Prev12324252627Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Sep 10 2009 08:16am
LW is a good pvm weapon IF you want "originality" in other gear. If all other gear is bullshit, you can get away with having a LW to make up for all those. But it is in no way comparable/better than other very viable choices..

For fade, treachery > LW
For lifetap, dracs/exile (for paladins) is sufficient (It's PvM, your ctc tap doesn't matter since you're not going to be dead in 2 hits)
For the might aura, oh well, LW + might aura < grief damage
and then there is the stupid "Hit Blinds Target" mod. I still don't know if it overrides lifetap, but that fucking yellow circle around monsters all over the screen is annoying..

LW IS GOOD, IF YOU ARE WEARING A CRACKED CAP, CRACKED QUILTED ARMOR, CRACKED BUCKLER, CRACKED SASH, CRACKED LEATHER GLOVES, CRACKED BOOTS, AMULET OF THE FOX AND A COUPLE OF BRONZE RINGS.

IF YOU CAN AFFORD HALF DECENT GEAR (TREACHERY, DRACS, ETC.), GRIEF >>>>>> LW..
Gold: Locked
Oct 27 2009 07:24am
80% CB with Grief PB > 100% CB with Last Wish PB.
Gold: 1,145.00
Oct 27 2009 09:32am
This whole discussion sucks and leads to nothing^^

For a pure PvM (NOT UT Smiter) --> Grief + Upped Zaka >>> everything else (except maybe for Grief + Rare/Magic Pala Shield or Stormlash + Shield in certain situations)

For an UT Smiter --> many choices and I guess nobody has done enough runs with different setups and written down the time it took him (+ also the difficulty is not comparable in any objective way)... + depends on personal playing style: Anyone using LT stick on switch doesn't rly need more than Black RW + Zaka + Dracul's... then again people use Exile instead of Zaka for Def/LT/etc. if they think they need it and again other people miss out on a little CB for the ctc Static on Stormlash or a little more bugged +Dmg like on Aestron#s / Redeemer / Heaven's Light, which is also nice to have... all in all LW is in MY opinion just for those lazy guys that wanna spend a fortune on "gg itanz" to run around in b.net to brag about them while having no idea of game mechanics etc....
Gold: 33.37
Oct 27 2009 09:43am
Quote (ashwinthegrim @ 10 Sep 2009 16:16)
LW is a good pvm weapon IF you want "originality" in other gear. If all other gear is bullshit, you can get away with having a LW to make up for all those. But it is in no way comparable/better than other very viable choices..

For fade, treachery > LW
For lifetap, dracs/exile (for paladins) is sufficient (It's PvM, your ctc tap doesn't matter since you're not going to be dead in 2 hits)
For the might aura, oh well, LW + might aura < grief damage
and then there is the stupid "Hit Blinds Target" mod. I still don't know if it overrides lifetap, but that fucking yellow circle around monsters all over the screen is annoying..

LW IS GOOD, IF YOU ARE WEARING A CRACKED CAP, CRACKED QUILTED ARMOR, CRACKED BUCKLER, CRACKED SASH, CRACKED LEATHER GLOVES, CRACKED BOOTS, AMULET OF THE FOX AND A COUPLE OF BRONZE RINGS.

IF YOU CAN AFFORD HALF DECENT GEAR (TREACHERY, DRACS, ETC.), GRIEF >>>>>> LW..

This.
Gold: 90.00
Oct 27 2009 09:50am
its all in one. i use it on my pvp hdin when i need to uber. basically just swapping for lw and gores(ow) then good to go no problem.
Gold: 3,496.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 27 2009 09:55am
this is dumbest shit yet in this forum...

last wish RAPES ubers/pvming... especially in larger games where monsters have more hp and takes many hits to kill..
Gold: 0.00
Oct 27 2009 09:59am
Quote (AF_bear @ Oct 27 2009 11:55am)

last wish RAPES ubers/pvming... especially in larger games where monsters have more hp and takes many hits to kill..

yet another rand who thinks that just because a runeword has 6 hrs in it, it is automatically awesome ^^

FYI, the damage of LW blows.. Grief's damage is FAR better.. The ONLY positives of LW are the massive CB, ctc fade and lifetap.. You can get every single one of those mods from other sources.. which makes Grief >>>>> LW..

Grief
Guilame's
Upped Hoz/Exile
Dracs/20ias CB gloves (dracs if hoz, cb gloves if exile)
Duress/Fort
Tgods
Goblin Toes

that setup gives you all the CB you would need (potentially 70 CB) and you don't need more CB on a smiter ^^..
Gold: 1,145.00
Oct 27 2009 10:01am
Quote (AF_bear @ 27 Oct 2009 16:55)

1. Smiters suck in PvM in general - It is only UT where they shine
2. PvM-Smiters without Grief are probably the slowest monster killers in the whole game... WC-Barbs might be faster...

What exactly does LW offer that is so much needed that Grief/Lash/Aestron's don't have?
Gold: 5,855.00
Jan 21 2010 09:54pm
Quote (sylvannos @ 7 Jul 2009 14:01)
If runes weren't duped, they would be prolly around 10~20 fg each instead of 3 fg on non-ladder and late-ladder.

LOL... over 8 years (EIGHT) i found 1 (ONE) hr so far.
If runes weren't duped you would need to sell your house to buy an enigma in late-ladder, and the game would be TOTALLY, COMPLETELY different(and WAY better) from what it is nowadays.

About the thread, yes, lw sucks in any way you can imagine to use it.

This post was edited by Nite on Jan 21 2010 09:55pm
Gold: 36.00
Feb 17 2010 06:30am
i use LW because i am then able to use kiras + coh + up'd hoz or exile for max res under mephs aura and still have plenty of crushing blow. i never die and the whole trist is done in less than 5 minutes. ive used edeathz and i switched back to last wish. LW is the best for ubers for ultimate survivability. gg lifetap, gg crushing blow. lw is far from rubbish
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev12324252627Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll