d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Ethereal Items > Translucence
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 70%
May 2 2009 06:15am
Quote (Faelwen @ Sat, 2 May 2009, 13:11)
Oh, was it a question ? I had no idea ^^

Here's the answer you want to hear: I have none ^_^

no, i dont want to make fun of you or anything, just curious.
why do u write all these guides? how much time/day do u spend on this crap? etc
Gold: 484.19
May 2 2009 07:25am
Quote (carapa @ Sat, 2 May 2009, 14:15)

It isn't crap. He does what I didn't make due to lack of time :D I also study d2 mechanics :D However I never had time to write down all my findings. Thanks Faelwen for your help ^^
Gold: 0.10
May 2 2009 08:03am
Quote (clan_iraq @ Sat, May 2 2009, 01:18am)
To add a little; the glitch with rerolling armor is because the +% defense granted by the ethereal bonus is not actually an item property like a static +50% that is added on top of other defense sources, but rather, the item is given +50% base defense when it is rolled; the actual base defense property itself is increased (other modifiers like +% defense do not increase an items base defense, but rather what you see displayed is calculated via its base defense). So theres no way for the game to 'know' that an ethereal item has its +% base defense already added, besides knowing that the item's ethereal flag is on. Thus blizzard simply forgot to differentiate for this when rolling a cube recipe, after they implemented it in a patch

I heard it was because when eth uniques were upgraded in cube they lost their etherealness (in terms of def) so they patched it by adding the 50%. The result of fixing it meant normal eth items had the etherealness property applied twice.
Banned
Gold: 33.01
Warn: 50%
May 2 2009 08:10am
Quote (hue_two @ Sat, May 2 2009, 02:03pm)
I heard it was because when eth uniques were upgraded in cube they lost their etherealness (in terms of def) so they patched it by adding the 50%. The result of fixing it meant normal eth items had the etherealness property applied twice.

because the +50% was added to the base item's property, it was lost on ethereal items when they were upgraded; the game would look up and roll the upgraded version for the defense listed in its tables, but wouldn't add the 50% like if it had spawned ethereal. So blizzard implemented that 'fix' for the upgrade recipe, but accidentally made it apply to the other recipes, so that simply rolling an item for sockets added its +50% defense again.
Gold: 822.00
May 2 2009 08:39am
Quote (carapa @ Sat, 2 May 2009, 14:15)

Alright, fair.

I write guides for my own pleasure, not because I have anything to prove (there are a lot more knowledgeable players than me out there), but because I have a fondness for details and somehow want to share it with people with the patience to read and understand aspects of the game. Some of you do not bloody care, either because you consider the information trivial or plainly a waste of time. Which is perfectly acceptable. But we might as well ask those of you who partake in spam or PvP related topics (sometimes hard to distinguish the two), posting a bunch of irrelevant crap or repeatedly ridiculing someone in the most childish manner imaginable, just because he was 'clueless' in your eyes. If that is not basically a waste of time, then what would you call it ? Amusement, probably, and in certain cases, the fun is undeniable, but there is quite a difference between crossing the limits or throwing humorous remarks. The latter never hurt anyone (except those with a 'naturally' low emotional threshold, taking every written word on an 'internetz' forum seriously). After all, most threads are utterly dull routine questions which everybody with 5-10 minutes on their hands could answer, if they were only half as lazy, bothered searching the well-known resources, and read some basics. This is not exactly rocket science.

When I do not have the stamina or the time, I will stop writing guides or updating existing ones.

Until then, enjoy, or else suit yourself ! :)

TL;DR
Banned
Gold: 33.01
Warn: 50%
May 2 2009 09:07am
Quote (Faelwen @ Sat, May 2 2009, 02:39pm)
Alright, fair.

I write guides for my own pleasure, not because I have anything to prove (there are a lot more knowledgeable players than me out there), but because I have a fondness for details and somehow want to share it with people with the patience to read and understand aspects of the game. Some of you do not bloody care, either because you consider the information trivial or plainly a waste of time. Which is perfectly acceptable. But we might as well ask those of you who partake in spam or PvP related topics (sometimes hard to distinguish the two), posting a bunch of irrelevant crap or repeatedly ridiculing someone in the most childish manner imaginable, just because he was 'clueless' in your eyes. If that is not basically a waste of time, then what would you call it ? Amusement, probably, and in certain cases, the fun is undeniable, but there is quite a difference between crossing the limits or throwing humorous remarks. The latter never hurt anyone (except those with a 'naturally' low emotional threshold, taking every written word on an 'internetz' forum seriously). After all, most threads are utterly dull routine questions which everybody with 5-10 minutes on their hands could answer, if they were only half as lazy, bothered searching the well-known resources, and read some basics. This is not exactly rocket science.

When I do not have the stamina or the time, I will stop writing guides or updating existing ones.

TL;DR

i remove a few keys on my keyboar for c eaning an cou nt type TL;DR but i cou copy paste it
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
May 2 2009 09:32am
vouch
Gold: 0.04
May 2 2009 10:53am
Quote (Faelwen @ Sat, May 2 2009, 03:39pm)
Alright, fair.

TL;DR

i did read all this, was meny interesting unlike your guides tbh :p
Gold: 0.01
Warn: 30%
May 2 2009 11:50am
Nice guide sir :)

Good Job :cheers:
Gold: 2,013.80
May 2 2009 11:56am
Quote (Faelwen @ Sat, May 2 2009, 04:39pm)
Alright, fair.

TL;DR

TL;DR, must be some nooben irl secretly asslicking for TT.

:wub: :kiss:

Edit*
Isn't this the 2nd version? what was wrong with the first one? or maybe I'm remembering things wrong. :wacko:

This post was edited by Spurgu on May 2 2009 11:58am
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll