d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Countdown To Hellfire > - A Technical Approach To The Übers
Prev136373839Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 822.00
Jan 24 2012 07:42pm
Quote (TK_Zerothehero @ 24 Jan 2012 18:40)
In this guide, you get to crushing blow between 75 - 100%. With max ias for smite, I think this is unnecessary. Could you do any calculations (using the data you have) for say 50% cb vs 100%? In the former case, CB would hit every 1 of 2 hits on average anyway, and you're smiting VERY fast. I don't think having CB > 65% or so would increase your killing speed by any measurable margin, given max ias and everything else you've mentioned in an ideal setup

The Crushing Blow section displays the effect of n CB's versus 2.5k normal physical damage (based on the table preceding that section):

The only thing that changes with a lower CB percentage is the expected number of hits (and hence the time) to achieve said effect.

As explained in the concluding section (Countdown to Hellfire) 75% CB with Grief can potentially outweigh 100% CB using any of the other weapons.
Without even looking at the numbers I would bet that this does not hold true if we reduce CB with Grief to 50%, thereby missing every other check for CB. The high CB percentage is mandatory for Grief to be competitive.

You can easily do the calculations, following the steps outlined in the guide (see the aforementioned sections). Graph the remaining HP in each case:

1. 50% CB: Crushing Blow on even strikes (2, 4, 6, 8 ...)
  2. 50% CB: Crushing Blow on odd strikes (1, 3, 5, 7 ...)

(use ADT = 2.5k).

My point is, if you don't focus on getting max % CB you can swap out some items in favour of others (for those who do not like duress or g.face).

I also don't see FHR mentioned as any sort of point of focus in this guide? Is that because it's something you need not be concerned with?

I would advise against replacing Guillaume's Face with anything else: 35% CB is a lot to pass up (not to mention the loss of +30% FHR; although not quintessential, this does make it easier to reach a comfortable hit recovery speed).

Get at least 27 FHR (6 frames) or at least 48 FHR (5 frames). Either one is sufficient.
Gold: 300.00
Jan 25 2012 12:07am
Quote (Eywa @ Jan 24 2012 08:42pm)
The Crushing Blow section displays the effect of n CB's versus 2.5k normal physical damage (based on the table preceding that section):

As explained in the concluding section (Countdown to Hellfire) 75% CB with Grief can potentially outweigh 100% CB using any of the other weapons.
Without even looking at the numbers I would bet that this does not hold true if we reduce CB with Grief to 50%, thereby missing every other check for CB. The high CB percentage is mandatory for Grief to be competitive.
I would advise against replacing Guillaume's Face with anything else: 35% CB is a lot to pass up (not to mention the loss of +30% FHR; although not quintessential, this does make it easier to reach a comfortable hit recovery speed).
Get at least 27 FHR (6 frames) or at least 48 FHR (5 frames). Either one is sufficient.

Thank you I do appreciate your in-depth response.

I re-read what you had posted about 3-4 more times after I had initially posed that question, but it was too late to edit my post.

You can easily do the calculations, following the steps outlined in the guide (see the aforementioned sections). Graph the remaining HP in each case:

50% CB: Crushing Blow on even strikes (2, 4, 6, 8 ...)
    50% CB: Crushing Blow on odd strikes (1, 3, 5, 7 ...)

Ideally then, with 50% CB you'd have to hope that you get it hitting on odd strikes? Is that the purpose of the odd/even strike comparison?

If very first hit was CB --> would take off the most initial hps. It would hit every other strike on average, but could also hit the first 3 times, then not hit for 4 times, etc. so I guess one would have to graph it out to see fully.

I was mainly worried about achieving >= 75 CB with grief, or trying to figure out the minimum I could get away with.

Gold: 300.00
Feb 16 2012 05:12am

Sticky, for the love of god sticky :)
Gold: 0.00
Feb 24 2012 04:58pm
awesome guide it helped alot :)
Gold: 20.00
May 22 2012 06:03am
love your guide really..

may i check max block = 75% block?
Gold: 822.00
May 22 2012 11:05am
Quote (dunforcemi @ 22 May 2012 14:03)
love your guide really..

may i check max block = 75% block?

ya
Gold: 299.18
May 22 2012 11:52am
wtf max block is not 65%? -,- i always only stated enough dex for 65% block rolfs
May 23 2012 02:47pm
hi eywa, i just had my first torch hunt using grief,hoz,tgod,highlord,treachery,duress,goblin,drac,raven,dwarf, and i had a tough time defeating lilith and the other guy in the "furnace of pain" (forget about its name). anyway, realised your gear lack of a tele equip, so does that mean i have to run and fight all the way until i see them appear with a feww hundread thousands of minions behind them? its really killing me. may i enquire about the game play itself? below are my steps:
1) CTA cast BO (alternate)
2) change to life tap wand (alternate)
3) let monster hit until fade activated and change to duress.
4) on fana and start whacking? which skill should i use for killing lilith? diablo? baal? mepph? res fire? res lite? what i do is on fana throughout.
5) keep on pressing on the pot button
6) keep on running back to town and repot.
7) 20min later, i got my first 13/15sin torch.

argh.... plz enlighten me where i've gone wrong. thanks.
May 24 2012 08:18am
Quote (dunforcemi @ May 24 2012 04:47am)
hi eywa, i just had my first torch hunt using grief,hoz,tgod,highlord,treachery,duress,goblin,drac,raven,dwarf, and i had a tough time defeating lilith and the other guy in the "furnace of pain" (forget about its name). anyway, realised your gear lack of a tele equip, so does that mean i have to run and fight all the way until i see them appear with a feww hundread thousands of minions behind them? its really killing me. may i enquire about the game play itself? below are my steps:
1) CTA cast BO (alternate)
2) change to life tap wand (alternate)
3) let monster hit until fade activated and change to duress.
4) on fana and start whacking? which skill should i use for killing lilith? diablo? baal? mepph? res fire? res lite? what i do is on fana throughout.
5) keep on pressing on the pot button
6) keep on running back to town and repot.
7) 20min later, i got my first 13/15sin torch.

argh.... plz enlighten me where i've gone wrong. thanks.

help plz?
Gold: Locked
May 24 2012 08:49am
you should firestand-procc, not be in trist and engage the mobs whilst trying to procc.
u should separate the ubers from one another by engaging them and charging away, then take them down one by one.
use salvation for meph if you lack the stack.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev136373839Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll