d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Luis' Bvc Guide > My Last Gift To JSP
Prev13456725Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 0.01
Warn: 20%
Jun 18 2006 05:00pm
Quote (mainaman @ Sun, 18 Jun 2006, 23:52)
Quote (xepolite @ Sun, Jun 18 2006, 10:26pm)
Quote (xepolite @ Sun, 18 Jun 2006, 12:37)
Im sorry to say, but; lot of things sound very, very familiar. Did you use anything from other guides? Else its just another brain-fart I guess.

Not answered in the guide luis.

what the hell is your problem?
ofcourse it sounds familiar its a bvc guide not too many gear choices there xcept the rhealm specific boots and rings...
and what if he used couple of words from blobs guide ? big deal ...the guide serves its purpose to show ppl how to build a bvc period.

Im not too fond of those who uses other people's phrases.
Gold: 1,307.66
Jun 18 2006 05:42pm
its fine just read my answer.
Gold: 260.00
Jun 18 2006 06:18pm
Quote (xepolite @ Sun, Jun 18 2006, 11:00pm)
Quote (mainaman @ Sun, 18 Jun 2006, 23:52)
Quote (xepolite @ Sun, Jun 18 2006, 10:26pm)
Quote (xepolite @ Sun, 18 Jun 2006, 12:37)
Im sorry to say, but; lot of things sound very, very familiar. Did you use anything from other guides? Else its just another brain-fart I guess.

Not answered in the guide luis.

what the hell is your problem?
ofcourse it sounds familiar its a bvc guide not too many gear choices there xcept the rhealm specific boots and rings...
and what if he used couple of words from blobs guide ? big deal ...the guide serves its purpose to show ppl how to build a bvc period.

Im not too fond of those who uses other people's phrases.

big deal its not copyrighted material
so he used like the intro and how to be bm in pubs and that is what sets you off?
it doesnt matter that he fixed the guide to fit east rhealm?

Banned
Gold: 0.01
Warn: 20%
Jun 19 2006 02:55am
Take one or take a hundred, its taken nonetheless. Sorry if my morals bug you.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jun 19 2006 03:11am
would ar/life gc work?
Jun 19 2006 05:40am
ar/life would work
barbs can work as long as you have ok life and ar + skill

i said many times, including in the guide, that it is basically a thorough revision of blob's old guide. And by thorough i mean really thorough.
For example he had listed a vt strategy that was completely wrong, didnt list how to attack bliz sorc, bad hdin strategy, didnt list how to attack wind druids, didnt list: bowazons, wwsins, smiters, didnt list the majority of the stash gear needed, etc.
Gold: 1.50
Jun 21 2006 06:52am
Quote (luis19 @ Mon, Jun 19 2006, 11:40am)
ar/life would work

i said many times, including in the guide, that it is basically a thorough revision of  blob's old guide.  And by thorough i mean really thorough.
For example he had listed a vt strategy that was completely wrong, didnt list how to attack bliz sorc, bad hdin strategy, didnt list how to attack wind druids, didnt list: bowazons, wwsins, smiters, didnt list the majority of the stash gear needed, etc.

I think Blobs' barb's purpose was _not_ to have much stash gear, or at least so he said @ DII.Net forums.

As for his strategies, most of them were expecting the reader to know perfect triwhirls and such. Also I consider his stats setup flawed, as it doesn't allow any real gear switching. Also, he said that Widowmaker is for pussies.

As for the AR/Life GCs thing, I find mine working. I use 3x GCs, all 3x life and 120-130 AR, gives me 9377 AR with pubsetup.

Luis, what would be a _decent_ amount of AR and Life? I mean, of course you get about 6300 with 33x 32020s, but overall, what's a decent life?

Also, could you explain me the stats setup? I do not seem to get it. Why 57 dex? Of course, that would allow CoA and Widowmaker with 1 Ravenfrost, but that's barely needed. 47 would be exactly what's needed for _any_ situations, or so have I found it to be. As for the str, I guess you got high str belt or str from boots and depend on those. No offense, but that cripples your barb. My barbarian has 65/49, due to +38 stats from torch+anni, and he can do any switches needed. Of course it's to the individual on what the individual sees as "necessary".

Also, what's with the Dungo? I doubt you can use Gores+Fortitude+CoA+Dungo. Or then you use Enigma but no Fortitude?

This post was edited by olba on Jun 21 2006 06:59am
Gold: 442.77
Jun 21 2006 04:42pm
newbie question :

Rightt click: WW, TELE, LEAP, UNSUMMON, BC, BO, SHOUT,

uh??? why unsummon
Jun 21 2006 10:07pm
Quote (olba @ Wed, Jun 21 2006, 07:52am)
Quote (luis19 @ Mon, Jun 19 2006, 11:40am)
ar/life would work

i said many times, including in the guide, that it is basically a thorough revision of  blob's old guide.  And by thorough i mean really thorough.

I think Blobs' barb's purpose was _not_ to have much stash gear, or at least so he said @ DII.Net forums.

As for his strategies, most of them were expecting the reader to know perfect triwhirls and such. Also I consider his stats setup flawed, as it doesn't allow any real gear switching. Also, he said that Widowmaker is for pussies.

As for the AR/Life GCs thing, I find mine working. I use 3x GCs, all 3x life and 120-130 AR, gives me 9377 AR with pubsetup.

Luis, what would be a _decent_ amount of AR and Life? I mean, of course you get about 6300 with 33x 32020s, but overall, what's a decent life?

Also, could you explain me the stats setup? I do not seem to get it. Why 57 dex? Of course, that would allow CoA and Widowmaker with 1 Ravenfrost, but that's barely needed. 47 would be exactly what's needed for _any_ situations, or so have I found it to be. As for the str, I guess you got high str belt or str from boots and depend on those. No offense, but that cripples your barb. My barbarian has 65/49, due to +38 stats from torch+anni, and he can do any switches needed. Of course it's to the individual on what the individual sees as "necessary".

Also, what's with the Dungo? I doubt you can use Gores+Fortitude+CoA+Dungo. Or then you use Enigma but no Fortitude?

u use dungos sometimes vs druids if they r insanely defensive. sometimes bvc barbs insist on dueling u or your ganged by a bunch of smiters. i'd replace it with a 15dr p LL string of ears if i had the chance to (i quit).

i dueled vts alot, sometimes they had -150 resist for teams so i'd have to stack more resist, thats why i use that much dex.

blobs build is no longere viable. many of his strategies just dont work for east (bmanas). He also assumes west dupes which make it even more difficult. i.e. 10fcr 67 CR rings which make bliz sorcs useless. there are alot of things wrong with his build but i liked the overall layout and a few strategys so i just built upon it.

because he had such things he didnt need as many resist switches. Also in his original guide he said something like "mcm has a setup to indefinitly beat all vts" which includes alot of the gear i listed. So yah he doesnt list many gear switches but at the same time he reccomends MCM's anti vt strategy which requires thet switches he was against.

Widowmaker is very very necssary vs some hdins as well, blobs wanst known for hvb like i am. he was suicidal vs hdins. on the other hand, me and mcm (we both use ssame setups) have a very high win ratio vs hdins.

gmd- unsummon lets u namelock ppl then tele on them when they move away---to catch them offguard.

Gold: 282.00
Jun 21 2006 11:04pm
what about bm necros with revives/bone wall/iron maiden. I know theres gmod but its still very hard to hit them if they tele constantly.
I know theres gmerc also but that`ll be fixed for sure in the new patch
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev13456725Next
Closed New Topic New Poll