d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > ++final Hammer Guide By Vic A.k.a. Rip_thejesus++ > A guide written by a pro made for pros
Prev12345625Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Warn: 90%
May 23 2006 04:35am
Quote (--TheJesus-- @ Tue, May 23 2006, 09:54am)
Thnx.Yeah it's the perf build. There are no other builds near this one, and if some people actually think otherwise they are welcome to write here : )

Regards for some miss-spellings in the guide, I diden't have that much time writing it. Apologize for that.

a pleasure to read as everything else you write.
i have a few questions/comments though.

1. how do you telelock fb-sorcs with only 80% res? they will inevitably put you in hit-recovery every time they hit you.
2. i know you dont use desynch but it would really increase your efficiency vs barbs etc. not to mention that you would pull of amazing vigor-desynch-telelocks vs casters since you're a fast locker.
3. how do you deal with mb-locks (especially from 65% fcr wwsins) if you only teleport?
4. mind posting what life/def/damage your old hammer had?

regards
Gold: 8.00
May 23 2006 04:39am
Some guides focus more on different setups, different gears to chose between. I rather wanted a straigth line in this guide, since i already know what items to use to have the perf hammer (no discussion) so therefore i diden't devote much time in suggestions of different setups/items. Instead i put more focus on the duel section. Ofc ppl can twist some of these items and change if they feel like it.
Gold: 1.91
May 23 2006 04:43am
brilliant guide thumbs.gif just a question tho :

as I can see, u play on non ladder (by statin BB in your guide) , then why don't u use some duped boots with high res and dex instead of ww's ?

May 23 2006 04:45am
Quote (GIFF @ Tue, May 23 2006, 10:35am)
Quote (TheJesus-- @ Tue, May 23 2006, 09:54am)
Thnx.Yeah it's the perf build. There are no other builds near this one, and if some people actually think otherwise they are welcome to write here : )

Regards for some miss-spellings in the guide, I diden't have that much time writing it. Apologize for that.

1. how do you telelock fb-sorcs with only 80% res? they will inevitably put you in hit-recovery every time they hit you.
2. i know you dont use desynch but it would really increase your efficiency vs barbs etc. not to mention that you would pull of amazing vigor-desynch-telelocks vs casters since you're a fast locker.
3. how do you deal with mb-locks (especially from 65% fcr wwsins) if you only teleport?

regards

1. That's not correct, So far i haven't had any problems w Hit-recovery vs fb sorc, and if that somehow should be a problem you could just change for 86 fhr. Frankly Fire sorc are the easiest sorc of them all
2.I do use desync. I combine desync + lock depending on situation. A vigor + charge desync hotkey setup dosent work with a fast tele lock build since the keysets are totally different which mean you would have to change charge from right side to left side. I don't like that setup and i don't need vigor +charge myself. Plain charge + hammer works godly.
3. Again, I have never said i use teleport only, the main attack is locks, but i use desync , charge alot too depending on enemy/stuation but its mostly used for escape and to initiate an attack w locks
4. Life = 5xxx def= 14xxx (w shako) Dmg= 13-14 k

Nice that someone ask some questions :>

This post was edited by --TheJesus-- on May 23 2006 04:56am
May 23 2006 04:46am
Quote (Ongeboren @ Tue, May 23 2006, 10:43am)

as I can see, u play on non ladder (by statin BB in your guide) , then why don't u use some duped boots with high res and dex instead of ww's ?

That's correct. If you read the guide, you will understand why WW is far better then any other boots for hammer.

1) You nn more res then you already have, and if you do, you have resi boots in the stash ( read guide).
2) WW provides huge life and 80% max fire res, without them you will die pretty fast vs a fire sorc.
3) there is simply no other boots that provides more into life then WW's and at the same time give dex, and since you don't need the eventual fhr it's a pretty obvious choice.

This post was edited by --TheJesus-- on May 23 2006 04:54am
Gold: Locked
Warn: 90%
May 23 2006 04:55am
Quote (--TheJesus-- @ Tue, May 23 2006, 10:45am)

regards

1. That's not correct, So far i haven't had any problems w Hit-recovery vs fb sorc, and if that somehow should be a problem you could just change for 86 fhr. Frankly Fire sorc are the easiest sorc of them all
2.I do use desync. I combine desync + lock depending on situation. A vigor + charge desync hotkey setup dosent work with a fast tele lock build since the keysets are totally different which mean you would have to change charge from right side to left side. I don't like that setup and i don't need vigor +charge myself. Plain charge + hammer works godly.
3. Again, I have never said i use teleport only, the main attack is locks, but i use desync , charge alot too depending on enemy/stuation

1. damn, with my old hammer i could never teleport on top of fb-sorcs while wearing waterwalks, they tanked me 100% of the time. 48% fhr, and 600 less life shouldn't make a difference either.
2-3. i see. makes sense, although i've never seen you charge in pubs =)
4. thanks.

more questions coming up when i get back in a week ^^
May 23 2006 04:58am
Quote (GIFF @ Tue, May 23 2006, 10:55am)
Quote (TheJesus-- @ Tue, May 23 2006, 10:45am)

regards

3. Again, I have never said i use teleport only, the main attack is locks, but i use desync , charge alot too depending on enemy/stuation

1. damn, with my old hammer i could never teleport on top of fb-sorcs while wearing waterwalks, they tanked me 100% of the time. 48% fhr, and 600 less life shouldn't make a difference either.
2-3. i see. makes sense, although i've never seen you charge in pubs =)
4. thanks.

more questions coming up when i get back in a week ^^

1. yeah thats strange, I've never seen a problem with that. If I lock a fire sorc and then she gets first hit , my hammer easily counter her fireballs and I kill her quite fast Oo
2. I do charge but mainly for escapes and use it as deff vs many ppl. However I've never been a fan of hammers using desync all the time, it's a very defensive style and it dosen't suit me at all. I would prefer locks anyday. It is totally superior if you compare the 2 in effectiveness. This is a hammer guide for combining desync w fast locks as main weapon but it's not a guide that solely focus on desync (vigor + charge). And a combination of both is very effective in any situation. ^^

This post was edited by --TheJesus-- on May 23 2006 05:07am
May 23 2006 05:18am
tongue.gif

This post was edited by --TheJesus-- on May 23 2006 05:19am
May 23 2006 05:31am
Quote (Ongeboren @ Tue, May 23 2006, 10:43am)

One more thing there, this guide is warmly recommended in ladder too. Using Dungo + Coa ber ber or Coa + ber + -15/7 fhr jew or jah. Combine that w godly fc rings w dex and amu w dex and you have the most lethal build you can find even in ladder. Cheers

This post was edited by --TheJesus-- on May 23 2006 05:32am
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 40%
May 23 2006 08:53am
Using oak + fade in 1vs1 vs other hammer, i consider that as lame. You got a bad reputation in duelling thats what i heard about you.

Prefer 20 fc amu + wizz, then you are allowed to use bloodfist gloves thats better then silly trang.

Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev12345625Next
Closed New Topic New Poll