d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev19149159169179182039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jul 2 2011 12:41pm
yo i know your against fbw for cutting but would this work or would this decrease my progress or what fill me in.

if i do HIIT format cardio 6 days a week, dumbells and all body weight HIIT shit ) on top of 3 days lifting , 1 leg shoulder , 1 chest back, 1 arm...? guess thats not really fbw but if i do heavy weight 5ish reps for 5 sets i want to increase my strength and tone up cause im losin weight but i feel flabby n shit would that work can i build muscle that way and lose the weight ? high intake of protein right
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jul 2 2011 01:40pm
Quote (jtd @ Jul 2 2011 02:36pm)
Alright, so I saw this thread and saw the perfect opportunity.

I wanted to do this for my girlfriend anonymously, since she would not herself. She is very conscience about her weight, and does not like to talk about it to anyone (including me sometimes).

She comes from a semi-heavy family and a slough of bad eating habits. She joined a gym, and goes nearly every day to go on the treadmill and elliptical. I am extremely proud of her for this step, and I encourage her every day. I come from a pretty lean family and I have never really gained too much weight with all the crap food that I ate. I weight 160 pounds, and have been about this same weight for 4 years. My diet is not the best, and I am improving on it. I am always trying to coax her away from the deep fried foods, and sodas. I can't get her to change all the time, but she is making good progress -- so far.

My question to you, what foods and/or supplements/vitamins should she be taking to help loose weight. I want to help her in every way that I can.

If you would like, contact me via PM and I can give your more information about the situation.

Thank you!

Here is ALL that you will need:

Female Training Guide

Basic Guidelines –
1. Perform each rep slow and controlled, focusing on the squeeze each time.
2. If you feel pain (not a burn, but pain), stop and readjust your position or reduce the weight.
3. Take only 12-20 seconds between sets (the shorter the rest, the more calories you burn).
4. Never work out on a full stomach, eat approximately 1-1.5 hours before working out.
5. If you feel like you’re going to throw up, run cold water on the back of your head.
6. Do at least 30 minutes of strength training and 30 minutes of cardio every time you go.
7. Go to as many classes as you like, but you still need to do 60 mins of weights/cardio.

Note: All exercises will be performed for 5 sets each, but done in a specific way to encourage muscular failure. Begin each exercise with a 15-20 rep warm up set. Then begin your set with moderate weight and go until failure. Take 12-20 seconds, then increase the weight and go again until failure, take another 12-20 seconds, then increase the weight a 3rd time and go until failure. Then you will immediately cut the weight in half, and go until failure one last time with no break.

Monday – (chest/back/abs)

Chest Press Machine, Pec Deck, Seated Row Machine, Assisted Pullup Machine, hanging leg raises. Follow up with 30 minutes of cardio on the bike.

Tuesday – (legs/shoulders)

Hack Squat Machine, Leg Extensions, Leg Curls, Shoulder Press Machine, Lateral Raise Machine. Follow up with 30 minutes of cardio on the treadmill.

Wednesday – (arms/abs)

E-Z bar bicep curls, Dumbbell Bicep Curls (standing), Dumbbell Tricep Kickbacks, Dip Machine, Decline Situps. Follow up with 30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical

Thursday – (Chest/back/shoulders)

Incline Press Machine, Dumbbell Flies, Lat Pulldowns, Cable Rows, Dumbbell Shoulder Presses, Dumbbell Shoulder Shrugs. Follow up with 30 minutes of cardio on the bike.

Friday – (arms/legs/abs)

High Bicep Curl Machine, Seated Bicep Preacher Curl, Assisted Dips, Cable Pulldowns, Leg Press Machine, Standing Calf Raises, V-Crunch Machine. Follow with 30 mins of cardio on the elliptical.

(Saturday and Sunday OFF – you can do cardio these days, but no weights)

Basic Female Fat Burning Guidelines:

- Burn more calories than you take in

- eliminate sugar and simple carbs from your diet

- reduce carbs overall, and increase protein

- eliminate fast foods and frozen foods

- eat every 2-3 hours

- drink water or diet soda only (or any sugar-free, calorie free beverage)

- drink alcohol as rarely as possible

- get at least 8 hours of sleep a night!!

- Take fat burning supplements like BSN Atrophex, GAT Jet Fuel, or Nutrex Lipo-6

Good overall foods -

Protein - Lean meats like Chicken, turkey, tuna, fish, eggs, lean beef.

Complex Carbs - Whole Grains(all of them, like whole grain breads/pasta/brown rice, etc), Vegetables, legumes.

GOOD fats - Olive Oil, Nuts, Peanut butter, fish, OMEGA 3-6-9 supplements, avocados, etc.

You are going to want to take in approx 300 calories less than you require for fat loss, equal calories taken in to burned for maintainence, and 300 calories more than needed for bulking. To figure your requirements, google BMR Calculator and figure it.

You are going to want to get about 60% from protein, 25% from carbs, and 15% from good fats. READ THE LABELS OF WHAT YOU ARE EATING and keep a FOOD JOURNAL so you can add everything up.

MAKE SURE YOU ARE EATING EVERY 2-3 HOURS (SMALL MEALS)

In addition, make sure you do at least ONE HOUR of exercise each day. Cardiovascular activity like running, jogging, swimming, playing a sport, using a cardio machine at the gym, or lifting weights WITHOUT taking breaks...are all acceptable. See the exercise guide for more info.

Female MEAL PLAN (to cut down to the 110-120 lb area)

Meal 1 - 1 bowl of Kashi Go-Lean Cereal w/ 3/4 cup Organic Light Soy Milk or 2% organic regular milk (250 cals)
Meal 2 - 1 fruit (apple, orange, pear, peach, nectarine, etc) + 1 oz cheese (cheese stick is good) (140 cals)
Meal 3 - 1 slice of whole grain bread + 1 can of tuna + veggies (basically a half tuna sandwich) (280 cals)
Meal 4 - handful of almonds or 1tbsp peanut butter + celery sticks + a fruit (160 cals)
Meal 5 - 1 large green salad + 4 oz chicken breast + 1tbsp olive oil + vinegar (280 cals)
Meal 6 - 1 regular serving-cup of Oikos Organic Greek Yogurt (any flavor) (140 cals)

This is 1,250 cals per day.

Make sure that she drinks approx 1 gal of water per day. It also also preferred to drink 1-2 cups of coffee or tea in the morning on an empty stomach about 20-30 minutes before eating breakfast. This will accelerate fat burning in the morning from fasting all night.

If she eats this, along with doing the proper exercise routine as illustrated above in the training guide, she can stand to lose around 1.5-2 lbs of fat per week.

In addition, for supplementation please see below:

Female Supplementation:

1. Multivitamin (NOW! Eve)
2. NOW! Super Omega 3-6-9 (take 2x pills 2x a day with meals)
3. Twinlab Stress-B complex (take 2 capsules 1x per day with a meal - this product also has 1g of vitamin c which is excellent)
4. NOW! Vitamin d-3 4,000 iu (take 1x per day)

Buy these supplements from Bodybuilding.com for the best price. Google for the 10% off coupon which changes periodically.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Jul 2 2011 01:40pm
Jul 2 2011 01:42pm
Quote (EverNineAfter @ Jul 2 2011 02:41pm)
yo i know your against fbw for cutting but would this work or would this decrease my progress or what fill me in.

if i do HIIT format cardio 6 days a week, dumbells and all body weight HIIT shit ) on top of 3 days lifting , 1 leg shoulder , 1 chest back, 1 arm...? guess thats not really fbw but if i do heavy weight 5ish reps for 5 sets i want to increase my strength and tone up cause im losin weight but i feel flabby n shit would that work can i build muscle that way and lose the weight ?  high intake of protein right

Hey there.

If you want to get yourself as tight as possible, you need be doing hypertrophy. Not 5x5.

5x5 is primary for bulking and muscle strength, not for volume training.

If you are absolutely heartset on 3 days a week then use this:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=345358141
Hypertrophy Plan 3-on-1-off (regular)
Warn: 30%
Jul 2 2011 03:18pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jul 2 2011 12:42pm)
Hey there.

If you want to get yourself as tight as possible, you need be doing hypertrophy. Not 5x5.

5x5 is primary for bulking and muscle strength, not for volume training.

If you are absolutely heartset on 3 days a week then use this:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=345358141
Hypertrophy Plan 3-on-1-off (regular)

for hypertrophy though don't i already need a substantial amount of muscle ? im going from straight up fatty to scrawn im guessing because i didnt really have much muscle to begin with im assuming this ofc. or am i wrong will this lead to strength and muscle definition ?
Gold: 174.00
Jul 2 2011 03:20pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ 2 Jul 2011 14:40)
Here is ALL that you will need:

Female Training Guide

Basic Guidelines –
1. Perform each rep slow and controlled, focusing on the squeeze each time.
2. If you feel pain (not a burn, but pain), stop and readjust your position or reduce the weight.
3. Take only 12-20 seconds between sets (the shorter the rest, the more calories you burn).
4. Never work out on a full stomach, eat approximately 1-1.5 hours before working out.
5. If you feel like you’re going to throw up, run cold water on the back of your head.
6. Do at least 30 minutes of strength training and 30 minutes of cardio every time you go.
7. Go to as many classes as you like, but you still need to do 60 mins of weights/cardio.

Note: All exercises will be performed for 5 sets each, but done in a specific way to encourage muscular failure. Begin each exercise with a 15-20 rep warm up set. Then begin your set with moderate weight and go until failure. Take 12-20 seconds, then increase the weight and go again until failure, take another 12-20 seconds, then increase the weight a 3rd time and go until failure. Then you will immediately cut the weight in half, and go until failure one last time with no break.

Monday – (chest/back/abs)

Chest Press Machine, Pec Deck, Seated Row Machine, Assisted Pullup Machine, hanging leg raises. Follow up with 30 minutes of cardio on the bike.

Tuesday – (legs/shoulders)

Hack Squat Machine, Leg Extensions, Leg Curls, Shoulder Press Machine, Lateral Raise Machine. Follow up with 30 minutes of cardio on the treadmill.

Wednesday – (arms/abs)

E-Z bar bicep curls, Dumbbell Bicep Curls (standing), Dumbbell Tricep Kickbacks, Dip Machine, Decline Situps. Follow up with 30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical

Thursday – (Chest/back/shoulders)

Incline Press Machine, Dumbbell Flies, Lat Pulldowns, Cable Rows, Dumbbell Shoulder Presses, Dumbbell Shoulder Shrugs. Follow up with 30 minutes of cardio on the bike.

Friday – (arms/legs/abs)

High Bicep Curl Machine, Seated Bicep Preacher Curl, Assisted Dips, Cable Pulldowns, Leg Press Machine, Standing Calf Raises, V-Crunch Machine. Follow with 30 mins of cardio on the elliptical.

(Saturday and Sunday OFF – you can do cardio these days, but no weights)

Basic Female Fat Burning Guidelines:

- Burn more calories than you take in

- eliminate sugar and simple carbs from your diet

- reduce carbs overall, and increase protein

- eliminate fast foods and frozen foods

- eat every 2-3 hours

- drink water or diet soda only (or any sugar-free, calorie free beverage)

- drink alcohol as rarely as possible

- get at least 8 hours of sleep a night!!

- Take fat burning supplements like BSN Atrophex, GAT Jet Fuel, or Nutrex Lipo-6

Good overall foods -

Protein - Lean meats like Chicken, turkey, tuna, fish, eggs, lean beef.

Complex Carbs - Whole Grains(all of them, like whole grain breads/pasta/brown rice, etc), Vegetables, legumes.

GOOD fats - Olive Oil, Nuts, Peanut butter, fish, OMEGA 3-6-9 supplements, avocados, etc.

You are going to want to take in approx 300 calories less than you require for fat loss, equal calories taken in to burned for maintainence, and 300 calories more than needed for bulking. To figure your requirements, google BMR Calculator and figure it.

You are going to want to get about 60% from protein, 25% from carbs, and 15% from good fats. READ THE LABELS OF WHAT YOU ARE EATING and keep a FOOD JOURNAL so you can add everything up.

MAKE SURE YOU ARE EATING EVERY 2-3 HOURS (SMALL MEALS)

In addition, make sure you do at least ONE HOUR of exercise each day. Cardiovascular activity like running, jogging, swimming, playing a sport, using a cardio machine at the gym, or lifting weights WITHOUT taking breaks...are all acceptable. See the exercise guide for more info.

Female MEAL PLAN (to cut down to the 110-120 lb area)

Meal 1 - 1 bowl of Kashi Go-Lean Cereal w/ 3/4 cup Organic Light Soy Milk or 2% organic regular milk (250 cals)
Meal 2 - 1 fruit (apple, orange, pear, peach, nectarine, etc) + 1 oz cheese (cheese stick is good) (140 cals)
Meal 3 - 1 slice of whole grain bread + 1 can of tuna + veggies (basically a half tuna sandwich) (280 cals)
Meal 4 - handful of almonds or 1tbsp peanut butter + celery sticks + a fruit (160 cals)
Meal 5 - 1 large green salad + 4 oz chicken breast + 1tbsp olive oil + vinegar (280 cals)
Meal 6 - 1 regular serving-cup of Oikos Organic Greek Yogurt (any flavor) (140 cals)

This is 1,250 cals per day.

Make sure that she drinks approx 1 gal of water per day. It also also preferred to drink 1-2 cups of coffee or tea in the morning on an empty stomach about 20-30 minutes before eating breakfast. This will accelerate fat burning in the morning from fasting all night.

If she eats this, along with doing the proper exercise routine as illustrated above in the training guide, she can stand to lose around 1.5-2 lbs of fat per week.

In addition, for supplementation please see below:

Female Supplementation:

1. Multivitamin (NOW! Eve)
2. NOW! Super Omega 3-6-9 (take 2x pills 2x a day with meals)
3. Twinlab Stress-B complex (take 2 capsules 1x per day with a meal - this product also has 1g of vitamin c which is excellent)
4. NOW! Vitamin d-3 4,000 iu (take 1x per day)

Buy these supplements from Bodybuilding.com for the best price. Google for the 10% off coupon which changes periodically.

Thank you. I will be printing this out for her :)
Jul 2 2011 06:26pm
Hey once again I am a fairly hairy guy especially in chest and stomach and I was wondering if it would mask results and if it is worth the time and effort to get rid of the hair?

Thanks again :) .
Jul 2 2011 09:42pm
Quote (EverNineAfter @ Jul 2 2011 05:18pm)
for hypertrophy though don't i already need a substantial amount of muscle ? im going from straight up fatty to scrawn im guessing because i didnt really have much muscle to begin with im assuming this ofc. or am i wrong will this lead to strength and muscle definition ?

Generally this is true. However 5x5 is NOT for beginner mass building.

I recommend a 3x5 plan AFTER you cut down and begin to bulk up.

For right now, you need to do a solid cut...the BEST way for this is to start with a CUTTING ROUTINE like this:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=304396247
Cutting Workout Routine
Jul 2 2011 09:44pm
Quote (AngeloMisery @ Jul 2 2011 08:26pm)
Hey once again I am a fairly hairy guy especially in chest and stomach and I was wondering if it would mask results and if it is worth the time and effort to get rid of the hair?

Thanks again :) .

I am the same way.

I have been shaving religiously since I was 16 years old to combat that.

With lots of hair, you lose a ton of visible definition.

I recommend shaving every other day with a good razor like the Schick hydro 5 razor (excellent quality razor) or you could try the waxing/nair approach. I have not had luck with wax/nair...but you can try both to figure out what works for you.

It is definitely worth it...the women also tend to prefer the smooth skin on muscular guys
Gold: 37,507.25
Jul 3 2011 04:47am
is it true vit D increases testosterone?

ive been taking 2x 1000 iu tablets for the past 3 days and ive been feeling like shit for the past 3 days.... not sure if its the vit d3. i was feeling okay today then took 1 tablet with food and like an hour later i started to feel like crap again.
Gold: 50.00
Jul 3 2011 04:50am
For a starter to the gym to cut bf which is the best form to approach this...

I see that you're 5x5 is good for getting a base to work from I was thinking I could work on my base then cut after? But have it be like a cutting 5x5 ?

Or just do a complete cutting cycle then work on my base after

Idk
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev19149159169179182039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll