d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1201320142015201620172039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Aug 19 2017 12:09pm
Quote (ForbiddenOath606 @ Aug 17 2017 01:05pm)
I just have a curious question.

Muscular dystrpohy you lose muscle, so why doesn't working out counter that? I mean logically working out builds muscle, so doesn't lifting weights counter the disease?

Working out doesn't build muscle. Quite the contrary, working out actually tears the muscles, breaking them down, to which the body through anabolism will eventually regrow/repair the torn tissue, thus connecting it and making it larger than before. MD patients show a constant breakdown of muscle tissue and no presence of anabolism in these tissues. Technically, physical therapy can "help" mitigate the symptoms, but ultimately pure muscle training could potentially accelerate the MD symptoms.
Aug 19 2017 12:17pm
Quote (bullets501 @ Aug 17 2017 06:58pm)
Hey raynor.

Just wondering your thoughts on asthma.

I've had chronic asthma as I was a child, 3 different coloured inhalers and other medication, but I've been reading that you can so to speak out grow asthma as the airways and lungs grow and expand as you age. Have you heard anything about this? I definetly don't experience any chronic asthma or anything if the sort, But sometimes I do feel I should be running longer or improving faster regarding cardio training and my breathing. I find it very hard to breath in the nose and out the mouth and rather just breathe in and out of the mouth. I also find it very hard to control breathing and succumb to taking gasps of air during runs. At the same time I don't feel any shortness of breath(that I know of) or pain in breathing during cardio or any other time. My reason for asking is im very reluctant to visit the doctor and wanted some solid advice /knowledge first.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you absolutely can grow out of childhood asthma. If you haven't been to a doctor since then, it would suit you to do so and get re-evaluated. There is a good chance that your airways have changed over time and you may a lessened case. Breathing in and out of the mouth will increase your fatigue more rapidly than slowing your breathing and going in through the nose and out through the mouth. As with anything else, it will take time to get more adept at something. With that being said, cardio takes some getting used to. I believe you probably still have some minor issues with your airway, but possibly something that can be fixed with time and dedication, instead of medical intervention.
Gold: 126,123.10
Sep 1 2017 12:46am
hey do you have a strength training body weight routine for traveling with little to no equipment? im going to be gone for a month to another country, going from city to city and wont really have opportunities for going to the gym, so was thinking i could just do something every morning or so.

Sep 5 2017 06:04pm
Quote (nate321 @ Sep 1 2017 02:46am)
hey do you have a strength training body weight routine for traveling with little to no equipment? im going to be gone for a month to another country, going from city to city and wont really have opportunities for going to the gym, so was thinking i could just do something every morning or so.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=331731288
Bodyweight exercises
Gold: 4.75
Sep 7 2017 03:48pm
So I injured my acl/lcl, or maybe i tore it, not sure.. still waiting to do an MRI, x ray showed something abnormal. I can still put pressure on the leg, but cant fully straighten, nor can I can I fully bend it back, obviously because the pain and it feels like something is stopping it. I injured it sunday, twisted knee, heard a loud pop/snap.

Obviously cant run, doctor said could be up to 3 months to let it heal. So if I cant run for 3 months, there goes all my progress for running..literally. Is there any way around that?

I forgot to ask him about deadlifting... since running is more higher impact.. ho safe would dealifting be? I def cant stop it for 3 months because again, made such good progress.

I mean i can do shotse shitty back enxtensions, but nothing makes me feel as good and strong as a nice 300lb deadlift.

How bad are deadlifts with injured ligment in the knee?
Gold: 4.75
Sep 8 2017 12:59am
Also I heard Cissus or msm and glucosamine/chondroitin or collagen supplements can help. Are supplements more or less useless for healing tendons/ligaments?
Gold: 25.00
Sep 9 2017 10:15pm
Hey raynor:

Thanks for the previous reply regarding the asthma question I have a doctor apt booked now.

On that note, have any workouts to increase v02 max? In a decent amount of time?

I'm a big dude,
260 ibs and like to stay bigger for my career choice
But at the same time, I'm in college and my fitness classes regarding my career choice can be brutal.
I'm currently running a mile in 9:15 and 100% grade is 6 mins and under
And hitting level 7 on the beep test. And 100% grade is level 12.
At the same time I'm encouraged to stay heavier ( better fighting weight)
As you can see, this semester I'm getting by with 60-70%. But that's not good enough to me, At the same time I have to maintain size. Due to possible conflict resolution. I know losing some weight is
inevitable. But any way to increase cardio gains and maintain strength/size atleast somewhat? Or should i forgot about weight lifting entirely( something I love to do as well) and concentrate on size after graduation?
Any advice and workout plan would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 10 2017 12:10pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Aug 19 2017 06:06pm)
Everyone is naturally built differently, however you can definitely do things to improve the bench. You can train bench 2-3x per week, and continue the 5/3/1 training as usual. You also can focus on some negative reps with a spotter in order to force some adaptation to higher weight.

Hey Raynor, quick update..

My bench is visibly improving, my weight is still on track with gaining, I'm sitting around 213 from 204..
My new numbers are

Squat: 385
Dead: 445
Bench: 220
Total: 1050

My measurements have minimally increased in size and my pictures are looking fantastic.. Thanks for all you do with this sub-forum and with me.

Sep 10 2017 10:47pm
Quote (ForbiddenOath606 @ Sep 7 2017 05:48pm)
So I injured my acl/lcl, or maybe i tore it, not sure.. still waiting to do an MRI, x ray showed something abnormal. I can still put pressure on the leg, but cant fully straighten, nor can I can I fully bend it back, obviously because the pain and it feels like something is stopping it. I injured it sunday, twisted knee, heard a loud pop/snap.

Obviously cant run, doctor said could be up to 3 months to let it heal. So if I cant run for 3 months, there goes all my progress for running..literally. Is there any way around that?

I forgot to ask him about deadlifting... since running is more higher impact.. ho safe would dealifting be? I def cant stop it for 3 months because again, made such good progress.

I mean i can do shotse shitty back enxtensions, but nothing makes me feel as good and strong as a nice 300lb deadlift.

How bad are deadlifts with injured ligment in the knee?

Your progress will not go away. Your body will be able to get back into it faster than before when you are healed up and post-therapy. DO NOT RUN OR USE IT UNTIL IT IS HEALED.

Deadlifting is NOT advised either, as there is plenty of stress placed on the entire leg, including all joins, ligaments, and tendons. DO NOT deadlift. It could cause permanent injuries at this point.

My advice is to continue resting and let your body heal.
Sep 10 2017 10:48pm
Quote (ForbiddenOath606 @ Sep 8 2017 02:59am)
Also I heard Cissus or msm and glucosamine/chondroitin or collagen supplements can help. Are supplements more or less useless for healing tendons/ligaments?

Universal Animal Flex is a good all-in-one supplement for this. I would recommend you take it along with plenty of omega-3. However, do your best to take care and not overdo any activity that engages the leg.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1201320142015201620172039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll