d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1198119821983198419852039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jul 18 2016 04:49pm
Quote (leemyungbak @ Jul 14 2016 02:14am)
Hi Ray -

I guess I have prehypertension. Was wondering if you had a general list of foods to avoid and foods that would help lower bp and/or ratios of macros or micros that I should aim for.

Still doing 5x5, no longer on keto. Male.

The easiest way to fix this problem is to increase water intake, decrease sodium intake, and increase potassium/magnesium/calcium intake.

Optimally, you should have 1x sodium to 2x potassium to 1x calcium and 1x magnesium per day for optimal electrolyte levels, along with a minimum of 1 gal of water. In addition, EFA's are a good option to add to your diet (at least 2g of omega 3, per meal)
Jul 18 2016 04:50pm
Quote (noob_whacker @ Jul 14 2016 04:53pm)
ok raynor, i finally saw orthopedic after my MRI that i had

i asked about the cream that you suggested and the doctor prescribed me diclofenac, aka volteran gel 1%. not sure if this prescription is any better or around the same?
i only asked the doctor because i didnt want to take any more pills due to my stomach and acid issues.

she also diagnosed it at scapular dyskinesis and RC tendonitis. and suggested 4 to 6 weeks physical therapy.

she said to come back after to do a checkup and see how things are going. but she also looked at my back with my shirt off and had me move my arms over my head and slowly lower them

she said she noticed my left should has noticeably less muscular definition than my right shoulder. and its my left shoulder thats injured.

also she thinks my scapula is not moving properly.

ill see how physical therapy goes. but for some reason i think its something worse. i dont know. i hope the tendonitis will go away with physical therapy. because i have not been lifting any weights for around 1 year now, and yet the pain is still here. even if my scapula isnt moving properly, i havnt been using it much... i dont know why im still in so much pain then

Give the PT a try, along with the prescribed cream. After 4-6 weeks, let's see where you are at and go from there.
Jul 18 2016 04:52pm
Quote (noob_whacker @ Jul 17 2016 07:19pm)
another thing, lol, my bad so many questions.

so i just got the voleran gel, aka diclofenac sodium.
it seems to help a bit. maybe placebo. my shoulder still hurts a bit, like deep in the center, but there does seem to be less pain
like before the pain on scale of 1 to 10 would be a 7, constant pain
a bit after applying the gel its around a 4.

but when reading the papers that came with the gel, it says approved for hands, knees, and elbows.
but then says may not be safe for spine, neck, and some other body parts....

i told doctor my upper shoulder near near my neck behind my head and such are in pain.
any chance this really isnt safe to apply there? ive heard the spin carries stuff throughout the body, and since the gel is absorbed through the skin, if i apply it behind my head on my neck and shoulder, how bad can this really be?

im just a bit worried

As long as you aren't applying any great quantity to your neck, and leave the medication on the shoulder area, you should be fine. Also, you are only going to be using this for around 4 weeks anyway, which shouldn't be much of an issue.

Gold: 25.65
Jul 18 2016 06:34pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jul 18 2016 03:49pm)
The easiest way to fix this problem is to increase water intake, decrease sodium intake, and increase potassium/magnesium/calcium intake.

Optimally, you should have 1x sodium to 2x potassium to 1x calcium and 1x magnesium per day for optimal electrolyte levels, along with a minimum of 1 gal of water. In addition, EFA's are a good option to add to your diet (at least 2g of omega 3, per meal)

Great! Thanks.

Any correlation with blood pressure and coffee intake ? I sip on a venti (24oz) iced coffee from starbucks while I work. Helps me get things done..
Gold: 5.20
Jul 18 2016 09:18pm
Hey Raynor,

I'm looking for you to debunk some popular myths in the bodybuilding world.

1) Are Upright Row actually bad for the shoulders?
2) Are Beind-the-neck OHP bad for the shoulders?
3) Are DB Flys bad on the shoulder joints?
4) Are Leg Extensions bad for the knee joints?

Side note: What are your thoughts on the butterfly machine vs the pec fly machine?

Also, I've finally made the transition to full on body-building from now on after 5 years of powerlifting and I want to get swole, dense, and tick af.

What is in your experiences, your favourite training principles to grow massive (i.e. constant tension via not locking out vs. full contractions via lockout etc...) and what do you recommend in terms of a split, program, or whatever. Please don't suggest any intermediate programs I should 'try' out first. Thanks in advance man.

I understand, there is muscle tension, muscle stress, and metabolic damage in which one can manipulate.

This post was edited by TempoONE on Jul 18 2016 09:26pm
Gold: 8,221.76
Jul 19 2016 01:11am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jul 18 2016 06:52pm)
As long as you aren't applying any great quantity to your neck, and leave the medication on the shoulder area, you should be fine. Also, you are only going to be using this for around 4 weeks anyway, which shouldn't be much of an issue.

ok thanks. but this response about the neck makes me even more worried, lol.

why not any great quantity near the neck?

because its my supraspinatus and upper trapezius thats on my neck that has all of the pain. the upper trapezius is part of my neck? i do have quite a bit of pain here
Gold: 25.65
Jul 19 2016 11:46am
Quote (leemyungbak @ Jul 18 2016 05:34pm)
Great! Thanks.

Any correlation with blood pressure and coffee intake ? I sip on a venti (24oz) iced coffee from starbucks while I work. Helps me get things done..

Also you mention Omega 3 only in my case, should I find a supplement for which exclusively contains just Omega 3 or stick with the Now! Super Omega 3-6-9 that you have recommend a lot from what I've observed.
Gold: 3,804.50
Jul 19 2016 06:49pm
all the olive oil mayonnaise i've seen at the store are mostly soybean/canola oil with a little bit of olive oil. i was in costco today and saw an 100% avocado oil mayo. it's the highest monounsaturated fat ratio i've seen. do you know of any better mayonnaise?

This post was edited by carteblanche on Jul 19 2016 06:49pm
Jul 19 2016 09:57pm
Quote (leemyungbak @ Jul 18 2016 08:34pm)
Great! Thanks.

Any stimulant, especially caffeine, will raise blood pressure to some degree.
Gold: 5.20
Jul 20 2016 12:08am
Also, how does one obtain that dense and thick look?
I'm as big as a friend of mine, but he just looks on another level, his muscles are harder and firmer, why is that? What achieves that?

Is that genetics? I heard that heavy carries helps achieve that look i.e. farmer's walk but is that just heresay?
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1198119821983198419852039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll