d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1198319841985198619872039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,804.50
Jul 24 2016 10:07pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jul 24 2016 01:43pm)
That looks like a really solid product. I don't know anything off the top of my head with higher monounsaturated fat. How's the taste compared to regular?

my taste palate is pretty bad and i haven't eaten "normal" mayo in over a year, so i'm not the best person to ask that :lol: i did eat it with tuna salad, egg salad, and roast beef sandwiches and it tasted fine to me. i'll probably stock up a few more bottles before they run out
Gold: 8,221.76
Jul 25 2016 05:51pm
whats your opinion on IFC and TENS units for home use?

these seem to be so much better than taking aleve or rubbing prescription NSAID gel on my shoulder. as in healthier and all around better?

if the goal is to reduce pain, i cant see why i wouldnt use one of these units instead of a drug? especially since the pain is chronic and happens all the time. instead of constantly using medicine, this seems to have less side effects or none at all

i just ordered the tens 7000 unit from amazon for $30. cheap and i hope it works well. but i think from what ive read, an IFC unit would be better? ive heard IFC units help after you are done using the machine for a couple hours. but the TENS units should only help while its being used?

This post was edited by noob_whacker on Jul 25 2016 05:52pm
Gold: 25.65
Jul 26 2016 02:48pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jul 24 2016 10:42am)
Omega 3-6-9 is more for low fat diets that are lacking in all 3. If you have a normal diet, you will just need the omega 3 (check out NOW! Ultra Omega 3 or similar)

I have an interesting request.

Given this information, can you build a general meal plan that will work both while cutting and bulking (I will use same foods pro rata depending on caloric surplus or deficit so for this plan, please use around 2k-2.5k cals and I'll eat more or less in the same proportion based on what I'm trying to do).

1) has 1-2-1-1 sodium/potassium/calcium/magnesium.
2) If needed, Include supplements for electrolytes to hit the 1/2/1/1 ratio.
3) works for both cutting and bulking
4) The key is longevity and healthy vitals (esp blood pressure in my case) over fat loss and huge muscles/strength etc... results.

This post was edited by leemyungbak on Jul 26 2016 02:49pm
Gold: 25.65
Jul 26 2016 03:30pm
Quote (leemyungbak @ Jul 26 2016 01:48pm)

Given this information, can you build a general meal plan that will work both while cutting and bulking (I will use same foods pro rata depending on caloric surplus or deficit so for this plan, please use around 2k-2.5k cals and I'll eat more or less in the same proportion based on what I'm trying to do).

4) The key is longevity and healthy vitals (esp blood pressure in my case) over fat loss and huge muscles/strength etc... results.

Here's what I came up with so feel free to tear apart.

5:50am 1) eggs (preboiled or scrambled depending on time) + 1 min nukable plain oatmeal + sliced bananas
7:45am 2) whey isolate shake 20g (PWO) (could be meal 1 depending how late I wake up) - should I add heavy cream or nah?
11:00am 3) brown rice, low sodium black beans in a can, where only ingredients are black beans and water and salt, plain greek yogurt (full fat/some fat/just not fat fat free - as a sub for sour cream), sliced black olives (small amount due to salt), shredded cheddar (small amount due to salt), homemade salsa (tomatoes, lime, cilantro, red onions), avocado slices, 1tbsp yumm sauce, (7g fat / 45mg sodium per tbsp)
2:00pm 4) tuna patty made with egg white and oatmeal + berries or something or over a salad with evoo/balsamic or something
6:00pm 5) grilled chicken breast, easy on salt with boiled carrots and broccoli - or do you know any salt substitutes?
9:00pm 6) cottage cheese + peanut butter (I throw up raw almonds for some reason)

Times are not ideal (some are more than 3 hours apart) but managed to fit in 6 with a full time job and full time studying for professional licenses.

This post was edited by leemyungbak on Jul 26 2016 03:46pm
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jul 26 2016 08:07pm
Quote (TempoONE @ Jul 24 2016 03:59pm)
You mentioned that constant tension is key to amassing hypertrophic gains.

If so why are DB Flys superior to cable flys?

And why not just do static holds vs pressing them?

Cable flies are good, but DB flies are better for the purpose of training the smaller stabilizer muscles (as any freeweight is). Static holds are good, but lack in the constant contractions that allow muscles to grow from repeated use (volume) in conjunction with tension.

Also what are your thoughts on Jack3d? And creatine hydrochloride vs creatine monohydrate?

Creatine monohydrate is superior in any long term study. As far as Jack3d - avoid any product that uses artificial flavors/colors/sweeteners. Look into Max HP instead.

Quote (TempoONE @ Jul 24 2016 04:28pm)
Hey Raynor,

Another thing...

So when I go from a prontated tricep pushdown to a supinated tricep pull(push)down, it feels harder because I've effectively taken the forearm activation and the tricep is working harder amiright? And NOT because I'm hitting a different tripcep head? (i.e purely a change of grip)

Would changing solely the grip effectively target the different tricep head?

Changing the angle of tricep pulldowns can yield better results for different heads of the triceps, however in general, you need full tricep fatigue, which ends up working all heads. Alternate grips to better suit your overall needs.

Quote (TempoONE @ Jul 24 2016 04:55pm)
Thoughts on Jack3d?

Or DMAA in genera

DMAA is a stimulant similar to ephedrine. It's a synthetic and has mild side effects, with unknown long term effects. Personally I would avoid and stick to primarily caffeine based products.

This post was edited by SKCRaynor on Jul 26 2016 08:07pm
Jul 26 2016 08:10pm
Quote (noob_whacker @ Jul 25 2016 07:51pm)
whats your opinion on IFC and TENS units for home use?

these seem to be so much better than taking aleve or rubbing prescription NSAID gel on my shoulder. as in healthier and all around better?

if the goal is to reduce pain, i cant see why i wouldnt use one of these units instead of a drug? especially since the pain is chronic and happens all the time. instead of constantly using medicine, this seems to have less side effects or none at all

i just ordered the tens 7000 unit from amazon for $30. cheap and i hope it works well. but i think from what ive read, an IFC unit would be better? ive heard IFC units help after you are done using the machine for a couple hours. but the TENS units should only help while its being used?

Interestingly enough, the TENS and IFC units are very popular in the chiropractic field. I have found many people to have positive results from these devices, whereas others experience no change or even sometimes negative effects. As with anything, your body must be your guide. I would go to a chiropractor first and try them out before considering buying them.

TENS is more mild than IFC and if TENS doesnt work, IFC might - but neither might work at all. Again, test it out and see if you notice any positive changes.
Jul 26 2016 08:14pm
Quote (leemyungbak @ Jul 26 2016 04:48pm)

1. Due to general seasoning and varying degrees of seasoning by brand and personal taste, I can not make a diet with foods that give you this breakdown of electrolytes. You will have to make adjustments to your daily food in the form of supplementation to get this squared away.

2. Supplements would be standard Calcium, Magnesium, and Potassium supplements (NOW! brand is good). Sodium won't be necessary, as table salt is the common source and exists in vast quantities in most of what we eat.

3. No diet will work for both cutting and bulking - you would need a specific plan for each.

4. Good overall health is achieved through balanced diet, proper hydration, exercise, fresh air, allergy free environment, supplementation, and avoiding carcinogens/chemicals/etc. Eat whole, natural, organic, non-processed foods, with plenty of living foods (fruits/veggies/etc), and minimize sugar as much as possible.
Jul 26 2016 08:16pm
Quote (leemyungbak @ Jul 26 2016 05:30pm)
Here's what I came up with so feel free to tear apart.

5:50am 1) eggs (preboiled or scrambled depending on time) + 1 min nukable plain oatmeal + sliced bananas
7:45am 2) whey isolate shake 20g (PWO) (could be meal 1 depending how late I wake up) - should I add heavy cream or nah?
11:00am 3) brown rice, low sodium black beans in a can, where only ingredients are black beans and water and salt, plain greek yogurt (full fat/some fat/just not fat fat free - as a sub for sour cream), sliced black olives (small amount due to salt), shredded cheddar (small amount due to salt), homemade salsa (tomatoes, lime, cilantro, red onions), avocado slices, 1tbsp yumm sauce, (7g fat / 45mg sodium per tbsp)
2:00pm 4) tuna patty made with egg white and oatmeal + berries or something or over a salad with evoo/balsamic or something
6:00pm 5) grilled chicken breast, easy on salt with boiled carrots and broccoli - or do you know any salt substitutes?
9:00pm 6) cottage cheese + peanut butter (I throw up raw almonds for some reason)

Times are not ideal (some are more than 3 hours apart) but managed to fit in 6 with a full time job and full time studying for professional licenses.

Meal 1 - good
Meal 2 - increase to 40g shake. Only add heavy cream if you are on KETO. If you are on a normal routine (i see you are, due to banana/oatmeal/etc), then heavy cream not needed. You can add some mixed berries if you desire.
Meal 3 - good
Meal 4 - good just ensure satisfactory protein (40g+)
Meal 5 - good - try "Also Salt" which is a potassium supplement that tastes like salt and comes in various flavors.
Meal 6 - good
Gold: 478.51
Jul 27 2016 02:50pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jul 24 2016 09:45am)
Sounds like your shoe may be to loose on that foot. If it's too loose and the big toe is wiggling around in there, it can cause similar issues. If the shoe is too tight, the same can also occur.

I wear Wildland firefighter boots I've always tied my laces the same way this problem only started earlier this year, I even put a orthotic to support my high arches
Gold: 0.00
Jul 27 2016 03:59pm
I notice that my feet point outward considerably when I squat. I actually start out trying to point them straight or very slightly outward, but by the time i finish my set, I look down at my feet and its almost 45 degrees outward (or more!) I did some research and came across this article (link below) which states going beyond 15 degrees is a sign of a hip problem. I wanted to know if I should reduce the weight considerably to fix my body mechanics and focus on feet positioning or if this is something that's not too much of an issue.

Thanks again!

http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/squat-test
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1198319841985198619872039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll