d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1190619071908190919102039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
May 3 2015 05:42am
Quote (Snazzy @ Apr 30 2015 01:47am)
Have any good recipes for using heavy cream in my protein shakes for Keto?

Still trying to find a good ratio for heavy cream to water in the shakes too.

Interesting you bring that up. There actually is no exact science for this, as individual preference remains key. I remember mixing a carton (4oz) of heavy cream with 2 scoops of whey protein, and another 4 oz of water - the taste was unbelievable, but the calories were around 1,600 or so. In general I just through a couple tbsp of heavy cream into my shake when on keto to hit the fat macros, not for the flavor. Although, even that small amount tastes great in a shake compared to just water by itself.

The best keto shakes in my opinion are:

NOW! Whey Isolate (chocolate)
2-4 tbsp heavy cream
8 oz water (approx)
1 tbsp peanut butter
4 strawberries (medium)
6 blueberries
Ice Cubes

Blend everything together for a fairly thick shake, which tastes amazing and is still under 4g of carbs.
May 3 2015 05:43am
Quote (bones0187 @ Apr 30 2015 04:04am)
lol I remember I used to come in here and be surprised at the knowledge you have

now its basically all the stuff I have learned over the years and recognize and understand almost everything you have posted.

I sure have come a long way in the knowledge of bodybuilding, I find myself chuckling more and more in the gym when I see guys doing things I used to do all the time and I know exactly what they are thinking and how wrong they are.

It's great to see recognized progress. It's also funny how time seems to slip away from us.
May 3 2015 05:49am
Quote (Snazzy @ May 1 2015 03:07am)
Hey Ray, went ahead and decided to give keto a try, since I've hit a plateau in my cut. Been at a stagnant 195lbs for over a month now.

Think I've got the diet down, and I'm 3 days in. My first carb refeed is going to be somewhere around May 9th or 10th. I have an important physical fitness test (very strenuous) the 11th @2pm. Which day would work best to provide me with sufficient energy for the test do you think?

Also, finally picked up some Jet Fuel. Is it okay to take 2 capsules in the morning with my fasted cardio, and then another 2 midday before meal #3 or #4? Just curious if 4 capsules a day is fine on Keto when I'm limiting my carbs to below 25-30g.

Thanks!

Hey there.

That physical fitness test is an interesting issue. If your body is in the gradual stages of going back into keto when you take that test, you are likely to have endurance issues. If you are back into regular metabolism and eating carbs on the day before and during, you may have carb bloat and also be less inclined to perform.

This greatly depends on you as a person, so the exact answer may differ. However, for right now, if I had to bank my advice to you, based on other's experiences, I'd say carb up the FOLLOWING day, and remain in ketosis. If you started on May 1st, you should go 13-14 days until the first re-feed. Then you can have a re-feed once a week after that, assuming you are exercising fairly regularly.

That being said, you'd be right around the 13th or 14th, but in the case of this test, I'd say do it on the 12th. Make sure you eat a GOOD AMOUNT of fat and protein the night before. The morning of should be a protein shake with a ton of heavy cream for your pre-test energy.

4 jet fuel per day is fine....but I wouldn't drink coffee or other caffeinated beverages when taking it.
May 3 2015 06:04am
Quote (dro94 @ May 1 2015 02:12pm)
I want to start a slow bulk in the summer and I don't mind waiting a long time for results as long as fat gain is minimised. It's common knowledge to bulk 200-500 calories above maintenance, but 500 extra calories a day would put on too much fat I fear. What do you think is optimum, like 200 ish?

Thanks

This depends largely on how you are calculating your BMR. Assuming you are calculating sedentary BMR, then adding general activity and exercise on top of that, you would want to add at least 200-300 cals per day for a lean bulk. The major component here is that you have to keep fat intake low if carb intake is high (and vica versa). That being said, 60g of fat per day is sufficient if you are doing 250-300+g of carbs per day. Try to keep simple carbs, particularly sugar, away from your diet, as insulin spikes can definitely lead to fat storage, especially when they happen during a meal that contains a large amount of dietary fat.
Gold: 0.00
May 3 2015 08:30pm
Hey again,

and I say again because you helped me out throughout my entire high school years like 4 years ago and I'm VERY thankful for it

I finally got into university and for the past 3 years i've been at a halt for anything health and fitness like.

I'm finally getting my mind in gear and beginning to diet and exercise as I have a more steady schedule for the summer.

I'm 5"8, 175lbs and began to get belly fat and my chest has slumped down and I want to cut weight and want to be more fit looking

I need a diet and a 4-5 day workout plan.

PLUS
how do I measure macros in my food? any easy way of doing this?
Gold: 0.00
May 3 2015 08:47pm
^ i just want to look very lean in 4 months if thats possible on a good diet and good exercise plan
Gold: 2,065.70
May 4 2015 07:59am
Quote (SKCRaynor @ May 3 2015 07:36am)
Hey there. I have many different workouts to choose from, however they all depend on the type of cut you will be doing. Keto (CKD), Simple Calorie Deficit, Intermittent Fasting, etc.

Also it depends on your goals (pure fat loss, lean muscle gains, endurance and fat loss, etc). So obviously I would need to know your current goals, as well as your diet.

Suicides aren't exactly HIIT, they are definitely a form of interval training, but more along the lines of SPRINT 1 Minute, then Rest 1 Minute, etc. That isn't to say they aren't good, they are actually very good. The key component here is activity in general. The more activity you do, whether it be sprints, jogging, swimming, weight lifting, even walking, etc. will all burn some degree of calories and thus assist you with cutting.

Hey Raynor,

Thanks for the reply. Currently doing IF eating between 12pm - 8pm. It just makes it easier for me with school eating between those hours, so I don't starve while on campus.

Pretty much start everyday with a a protein shake in the morning (1 cup raw oatmeal, 2 scoops whey). Anything else I eat varies, don't drink soda and try to eat things with little to no sugar. Been pretty much just eating all winter but been busy with school so diet has been irregular besides the shake every morning.

Here's some pics of my current state if it helps. Currently sitting around 175-178lb, 5'10".

Trying to lean out over the next 2 months. School ends this week, but I've been really busy the past few months so I just lift 2 days on 1 day off (chest tris legs, back shoulders bis).
Gold: 2,819.00
May 5 2015 04:36am
i am 24 now about 5'11" 210 pounds lots of fat little muscle double chin but apparently i was blessed with great calves so at least i got that going for me (not sure why cuz my dad and mom definitely do not have muscular legs but ok) most of the fat is in my chest and stomach with some flab on my arms and thighs

basically i want to get stronger i can maybe bench 160 max
and i want to lose this fat

i know i can get down to 185 relatively easy but i don't do it healthily at all like eating 1 sandwhich all day or some chips or maybe not eating at all and still forcing myself to run/walk 2 miles every day

i have always had quite a bit of fat even when i weighed 145 pounds when i was 17-18 i had a lot of fat and little muscle i would like to get back to around 165 or so and not be so freakin fat!

raynor... PLIZ HALP MEH1! (or anybody i'm open to advice and i want to get my shit together)

edit: i only work fri-sat-sun 12 hour shifts so i have 4 days off a week i definitely have time to do stuff i just don't know where to start

This post was edited by newbii3 on May 5 2015 04:37am
May 7 2015 07:26am
Quote (Michael12 @ May 3 2015 10:30pm)
Hey again,

and I say again because you helped me out throughout my entire high school years like 4 years ago and I'm VERY thankful for it

I finally got into university and for the past 3 years i've been at a halt for anything health and fitness like.

I'm finally getting my mind in gear and beginning to diet and exercise as I have a more steady schedule for the summer.

I'm 5"8, 175lbs and began to get belly fat and my chest has slumped down and I want to cut weight and want to be more fit looking

I need a diet and a 4-5 day workout plan.

PLUS
how do I measure macros in my food? any easy way of doing this?

This would be perfect for you to begin with:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=458001812
5 day Split w/ Freeweights + 2,500/2,000 cal diet plan

also, refer here:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=414355941
How to calculate exact macros based on calories and percentages

Fat = 9 cals
Protein = 4 cals
Carbs = 4 cals
Alcohol = 7 cals

The bottom line is that you need to be reading labels, and weighing your food on a digital scale in order to ensure that you are eating the proper portioning if on a cut.
May 7 2015 07:28am
Quote (lopelurag @ May 4 2015 09:59am)
Hey Raynor,

Thanks for the reply. Currently doing IF eating between 12pm - 8pm. It just makes it easier for me with school eating between those hours, so I don't starve while on campus.

Pretty much start everyday with a a protein shake in the morning (1 cup raw oatmeal, 2 scoops whey). Anything else I eat varies, don't drink soda and try to eat things with little to no sugar. Been pretty much just eating all winter but been busy with school so diet has been irregular besides the shake every morning.

Here's some pics of my current state if it helps. Currently sitting around 175-178lb, 5'10".

http://i.imgur.com/kQKQfwe.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nifrqxF.jpg

Trying to lean out over the next 2 months. School ends this week, but I've been really busy the past few months so I just lift 2 days on 1 day off (chest tris legs, back shoulders bis).

Hey there. Given your goals, as well as current BF%, I would say that you would benefit the most from a hypertrophy style workout routine, coupled with IF (as you've been doing). As far as calories/macros go, just make sure you are eating right around maintenance (make adjustments accordingly).

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=345358141
Hypertrophy Plan 3-on-1-off (regular)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=352563664
Hypertrophy 5 day split (modified)

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=353331310
Hypertrophy Plan 3-on-1-off (modified for BB, DB, and Bench)

Pick one of those, and roll with it for now, and see how you do with it. You WILL need to increase calories on those plans compared to regular plans, as hypertrophy is very intense!
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1190619071908190919102039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll