d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev1185518561857185818592039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 20,142.63
Oct 21 2014 01:51pm
Hey Raynor! What's your opinion on Creatine being related to hair loss/thinning? Probably paranoia but I swear I did notice some hair thinning after a couple months on it so I dropped it completely. Maybe at 25 I'm just getting old lol! Do you recommend anything to combat hair loss so I can feel better when I jump back on creatine? I miss my creatine and minor research lead me to believe that the correlation is just pure broscience mixed with paranoia.
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Oct 21 2014 07:51pm
Quote (exonerated @ Oct 21 2014 03:51pm)
Hey Raynor!  What's your opinion on Creatine being related to hair loss/thinning?  Probably paranoia but I swear I did notice some hair thinning after a couple months on it so I dropped it completely.  Maybe at 25 I'm just getting old lol!  Do you recommend anything to combat hair loss so I can feel better when I jump back on creatine?  I miss my creatine and minor research lead me to believe that the correlation is just pure broscience mixed with paranoia.

The major contributors are testosterone and genetics.

That being said -

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=361475502
Hair Loss Guide
Gold: 1,093.37
Oct 22 2014 02:14pm
Hi raynor, I'm back! Never really left but I need some halp..

I have decided to go on a serious diet, actually losing some weight. I'm back up to 183@5'8". 28 yrs old and I work a lot, emphasis on LOT, so I need food I can either premake or make quick fast and in a hurry. Breakfast time isn't usually very busy, but I can't be spending 30minutes weighing and cooking food. I can probably cook a few eggs and grill or fry some meat for later in the day. Lettuce, olive oil, chicken or fish, salad, ... Do you have a link to a low calorie diet I can use to get down to 165 by(hopefully before) new years? I plateud around 174 last time I tried to lose weight it took me a good 4-5 months to get down from 197.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 22 2014 04:41pm
I'd like to give intermittent fasting a shot do you have any information on that?

And on IF when should my work out be?
Gold: Locked
Warn: 60%
Oct 22 2014 05:43pm
hey raynor

I'm doing 5/3/1 and I just injured my back from doing standing OHP, do you think from now on I could do it sat down? Does it actually make any difference?
Gold: 1.05
Oct 23 2014 05:19am
Hi rayndaddy, you've helped me a lot in the past. You've removed my gag reflex, made me more aesthetic than the darklord lightman, made me a meal plan for the worst farts possible,

Now for ur hardest test.

Need a 650 kg total

Thoughts?

This post was edited by HotHamAndCarl on Oct 23 2014 05:41am
Gold: 7,168.00
Oct 23 2014 05:55am
Awesome thread :thumbsup:

So I'd like to get your thoughts on my current training regime if possible! My main worry is am I doing too much or maybe going about things the wrong way for what I want to achieve. I won't go into much detail about what exercises I'm doing as I believe that part is sound.

Bit of background:

My goals are to improve my cardio/muscular endurance and strength. I have no interest in gaining mass or being able to lift heavy. I'm a dancer/breakdancer so I want to try to focus on whats needed. Being able to hold myself easily/flexible/fast on my feet etc etc.

At the moment I'm going to the gym 7 times a week. I have broken up all my muscle groups into a day each. Legs, biceps, triceps, back, chest, shoulders, abs. I am also running 5 times a week with 2 rest days. I don't run very far at the moment, probably around 5kms, but it is done at a fast pace. When I'm not at the gym or running I spend at least 2 hours daily practicing my dancing, this also involves quite a lot of muscular work, although if I'm too sore in a certain area I focus on something else for that day. I.e if I trained chest and I'm sore I'll just work more on leg and lower body stuff.

I also stretch twice a day.

While I've being doing this my diet has been on point, I haven't felt tired or exhausted at all despite how much I've been training.

I feel all has gone perfectly so far but my main concern is if I keep this up will I end up just destroying myself/be extremely prone to injury? Should I cut it back a bit?

Any advice/general advice I would be extremely grateful for :)
Oct 23 2014 01:33pm
Quote (mykromisfit @ Oct 22 2014 04:14pm)
Hi raynor, I'm back! Never really left but I need some halp..

I have decided to go on a serious diet, actually losing some weight. I'm back up to 183@5'8". 28 yrs old and I work a lot, emphasis on LOT, so I need food I can either premake or make quick fast and in a hurry. Breakfast time isn't usually very busy, but I can't be spending 30minutes weighing and cooking food. I can probably cook a few eggs and grill or fry some meat for later in the day. Lettuce, olive oil, chicken or fish, salad, ... Do you have a link to a low calorie diet I can use to get down to 165 by(hopefully before) new years? I plateud around 174 last time I tried to lose weight it took me a good 4-5 months to get down from 197.

Given your stats, you will need around 1,800 calories a day, on NON-workout days, and and increase of around 400 cals per hour of intense exercise on workout days. However, on non-workout days, you should strive for low(er) carbs, around 100-120g per day, and on workout days, this number can be higher (around 250-300g)

That being said, here is a sample of easy to prepare foods with VIRTUALLY NO NET CARBS

Hard Boiled Eggs (or any eggs)
Beef Jerky
Canned Tuna/Salmon
Cooked Fibrous Veggies (green beans, spinach, asparagus, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Escarole, Kale, Collards, broccoli, etc)
Salad or Raw green veggies (Lettuce, Spring Mix, Spinach, Celery, Green Peppers, broccoli etc.)
Cottage Cheese
Regular Cheese
Sliced Ham/Turkey/Chicken
Smoked Salmon
Protein Shakes

Here are foods with LOW carbs

Nuts (any)
Nut Butter (any)
Greek Yogurt
Other veggies (snap peas, carrots, squash/zucchini, tomatoes, etc.)
Protein Bars
Milk

Here are foods with Moderate/High carbs, but slow digesting ones

Whole Grain Bread
Whole Grain Pasta
Potatoes (regular and sweet)
Whole Grain Cereal
Oats/Oatmeal
Quinoa
Buckwheat
Whole Grain Waffles/Pancakes
Lentils
Split Peas
Brown Rice
Certain Veggies (Okra, Corn, Artichokes, etc)

EASY TO MAKE sources of protein:

Frozen chicken breasts
Canned Tuna/Salmon
Eggs
Protein Bars
Protein Shakes
Ground Beef (lean, 93/7 preferred)

Sources of good fats:

Olive Oil
Canola Oil
Avocados
Fish
Fish Oil
Flax Seed/Flax Oil
Omega 3 supps
Eggs (must eat the yolks)

That being said, you can make your own diet, based on your own preferences. All of the above items are easy to make and can be prepared a week in advance and placed into containers in the fridge to be eaten throughout the week.

In order to hit 1,800 cals (non-workout days) or 2,200 cals (workout days), these things must be measured or at least labels must be read. There are no two ways around this.

You also must do at least 1 hour of intense exercise, 5 days a week (preferably 1.5-2 hours, 6 days a week). Drink at least 1 gal of water per day, every day. Eliminate sugar and artificial sugar from your diet all together if possible as well.

Good luck!

Oct 23 2014 01:36pm
Quote (IPlayRivenOnly @ Oct 22 2014 06:41pm)
I'd like to give intermittent fasting a shot do you have any information on that?

And on IF when should my work out be?

If you are going to do IF....18/6 seems to be a fairly good range to start with (18 fasted and 6 fed)

That being said, here is a sample IF diet:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=21269614&f=60&p=441835650
2,200 cals split into 3 meals for IF

Furthermore, it is best to work out RIGHT before the feed, in other words....if you are doing 18/6, and assume you begin your fast at 6pm, you would not eat until12pm (noon) the following day. Depending on your schedule, this might need to be adjusted. HOWEVER, assuming this does work, you should work out at around 10am-11:30am, on a fast (taking around 10g of BCAA pre-workout, and another 1.5-2g bcaa at the 45 min mark of working out). Immediately post workout, go home, shower, and by 12:00 noon, begin breaking your fast with a protein shake, and carb source. You can then eat meal 1 approximately 30-60 minutes later, and continue feeding until you reach 6pm (maintaining your calorie requirement along the way).

Oct 23 2014 01:37pm
Quote (Jam @ Oct 22 2014 07:43pm)
hey raynor

I'm doing 5/3/1 and I just injured my back from doing standing OHP, do you think from now on I could do it sat down? Does it actually make any difference?

Standing OHP definitely engages more muscles and takes more effort than a seated military press, for example.

However, if you have injuries, the priority is to prevent further injury, and thus seated would be fine.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1185518561857185818592039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll