d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > What Is A Leftist?
Prev18910
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 435.68
Apr 4 2024 11:12pm
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Apr 4 2024 09:35pm)
Oh how times have changed! :P

I did not know that history behind "woke" very interesting!

That's why words themselves which are constructive and led to are more social evolution are actually divisive in nature.

In ancient Sanskrit there is no "subject" it is all basically "verbs". It's very interesting that the root human language doesn't acknowledge "separation" and that human beings started to use the terms "I" / "We" as languages spread and devolved in my opinion.

When you look at Sanskrit to English translations you quickly realize how advanced Sanskrit was for being 3000-5000 years old. It basically makes modern language look like a joke.

That's why there's the metaphor or reality of the "Fall of the tower of Babel". Which was when humans spoke in the same language and attempted to build a tower to "God". God then destroyed the tower and scattered the languages so that we could never "threaten" God again. It's no coincidence that languages around the world are now very different but had the same root. You would think we would all "speak the same language" but we don't.

That's why in Genesis it says, 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God; 3 all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made. 4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men.

That's one of the reasons why i'm sort of spiteful that English is the popular language of the west. Compared to basically every other language it's a complete travesty in the sense of consistency and sentence structure(besides regional sign language, but that's for a practical reason). It's basically a mesh of every decent language thrown into one with little though compared to other older languages.

Slightly off-topic but that's why I think Metal Gear Solid 5 is an amazing game that's ahead of it's time relative to society, it delves into why the dominance of the english language today is a tool of subjugation and leads to the inevitable erasure of native cultures and language. I wish Kojima had more time to develop the game just so I could see his thought process more as he even predicted in older games the rise of AI(1998), unmanned weapons/drones(1998) MSM weaponizing misinformation(2001), and social media causing disruptions in society(2001). It's weird to think he was seen as this crazy eccentric guy until stuff he portrayed/predicted started to become reality. Makes me want to do another playthrough of the series honestly :P

This post was edited by MrSK on Apr 4 2024 11:12pm
Gold: 2,955.95
Warn: 10%
Apr 4 2024 11:18pm
Gold: 1,402.34
Apr 4 2024 11:32pm
Quote (MrSK @ 5 Apr 2024 00:12)
That's one of the reasons why i'm sort of spiteful that English is the popular language of the west. Compared to basically every other language it's a complete travesty in the sense of consistency and sentence structure(besides regional sign language, but that's for a practical reason). It's basically a mesh of every decent language thrown into one with little though compared to other older languages.

Slightly off-topic but that's why I think Metal Gear Solid 5 is an amazing game that's ahead of it's time relative to society, it delves into why the dominance of the english language today is a tool of subjugation and leads to the inevitable erasure of native cultures and language. I wish Kojima had more time to develop the game just so I could see his thought process more as he even predicted in older games the rise of AI(1998), unmanned weapons/drones(1998) MSM weaponizing misinformation(2001), and social media causing disruptions in society(2001). It's weird to think he was seen as this crazy eccentric guy until stuff he portrayed/predicted started to become reality. Makes me want to do another playthrough of the series honestly :P

Yea I was in the same boat until I started to study Hinduism/Buddhism amongst a few others. I couldn't believe how "strong/cohesive" and "deep" Sanskrit was and I felt like my whole life was a lie because if you even read a few Sanskrit to English translations you go, "Wtf? English is a joke! Sanskrit has single words that will translate as, "The oscillating osmosis of the thought to mind construct". Literally DEEP philosophy in a language and the funny thing about it is the "English translations" are the "best they can do" and aren't even entirely accurate. Not to mention only 5% has been translated to English and from that 5% alone I personally gained much wisdom.

Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake one of my favorite games of all time! I was so young when I played it I think I skipped through a lot of the in game conversation. Looks like I'll have to finally cave in and get the PS5 or buy an old Plastation/PS2 :P
Gold: 2,955.95
Apr 5 2024 03:05am
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Apr 4 2024 10:32pm)
Yea I was in the same boat until I started to study Hinduism/Buddhism amongst a few others. I couldn't believe how "strong/cohesive" and "deep" Sanskrit was and I felt like my whole life was a lie because if you even read a few Sanskrit to English translations you go, "Wtf? English is a joke! Sanskrit has single words that will translate as, "The oscillating osmosis of the thought to mind construct". Literally DEEP philosophy in a language and the funny thing about it is the "English translations" are the "best they can do" and aren't even entirely accurate. Not to mention only 5% has been translated to English and from that 5% alone I personally gained much wisdom.

Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake one of my favorite games of all time! I was so young when I played it I think I skipped through a lot of the in game conversation. Looks like I'll have to finally cave in and get the PS5 or buy an old Plastation/PS2 :P

english represents the degrading of language? scripture says its a fallen world. is english a decline in the language?

which statement is true?
1. genetic mutations represent some kind of grand building up process? (macro evolution)
2. genetic mutations (genetic load) represent a process in decline? (living systems are in decline)

This post was edited by TiStuff on Apr 5 2024 03:06am
Gold: 2,420.00
Apr 5 2024 07:52am
Quote (MrSK @ Apr 5 2024 12:21am)
Yep! There are many ways to use certain words which I believe OP was going for. They wanted to know what it meant to others as it isn't really defined when used in the current political climate

The ironic part is woke(atleast not in a spiritual/enlightenment sense) was initially used by the Black progressive community to preach social and political awareness and to stay vigilant of your environment. Now it's used by the opposite side of the aisle as a derogatory term

kinda like how people use the word 'woman' to describe persons who are anything but lol
Gold: 1,402.34
Apr 5 2024 08:19am
Quote (TiStuff @ 5 Apr 2024 04:05)
english represents the degrading of language? scripture says its a fallen world. is english a decline in the language?

which statement is true?
1. genetic mutations represent some kind of grand building up process? (macro evolution)
2. genetic mutations (genetic load) represent a process in decline? (living systems are in decline)

Yes English represents the degrading of language. It is barely a good medium for conversation amongst the people of the world. The only reason most non-english speaking people learn it is because it's that. A simplified watered down language. It also has far too many "multiple meaning words/phrases". Saying "What's up" means "How are you doing" and not literally "What's up". &&& there's no rules/reasons why it's just pure slang. &&& this is also why a word like "Leftist" or "Woman" suddenly has a bunch of "new" meanings. It's devisive all language is. Sanskrit just so happens to be the root human language and so it wasn't tarnished. You'll notice languages like Latin/French/Italian are sort of "nice sounding" and "culturally spun" languages.

As for your question about which statement is true they both are in different ways. All things are constantly changing but the only true constant is "God". This would take some time to explain maybe I'll elaborate after some coffee! So things are constantly in a state of growth/decline creation/destruction. &&& everything around us dies. From the smallest microbe to giant stars all things "come and go" or "cease to exist" but "God" does not die. God is tied to consciousness and that's why some say God is consciousness itself. This is why the concept of reincarnation/rebirth is there. Everyone dies but does humanity itself die? Of course not and that's why the Eastern schools of thought say, "Yes you as this ego. This person. This flesh and blood. Will perish. But the tendencies go on. Love goes on. Evil goes on. Because human tendencies are meshed with that human consciousness. That's why Eastern schools of thought teach you to experience "ego death" while you are still alive and not at your death bed. If you admit to yourself that you and everyone you've ever loved will perish you start to lose the fear of death. Western religions make you fear death. Eastern philopsphy tells you death is life.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18910
Add Reply New Topic New Poll