d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Thought Police
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 48,587.69
Mar 20 2024 05:39am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Mar 20 2024 11:01am)
Is it not so bad. It is however a huge waste of resources and time.
Yes it could help to punish people genuinely attacking vulnerable groups. Will it deter that kind of behaviour? Yes and no.

This kind of politics has become far too prevalent at a time where Scottish people want a clear plan from the SNP about public services, infrastructure and what an independent Scotland could look like.

Instead they are pissing a huge majority up the wall by being sucked into identity politics by a minority of vigilant left wing people.

Edinburgh University has a similar problem with extreme left leaning and so called liberal students. That the majority of do not even come from Scotland but come from England or Europe.

Scottish justice and Scots law is among the best and most robust in the world.
Scottish values are based on liberty, modesty and common sense.
This kind of self gratifying identity politics is not representative of Scottish society it is a reaction to a tiny minority of radicalised foreign (and Scottish) students and young people that lack self awareness on any level and do not have sufficient life experience to be taken seriously.

I see, interesting perspective, thanks for sharing.

These extremists are trouble, left or right.
Gold: 127,413.50
Mar 20 2024 05:41am
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 20 2024 07:16am)
The first and only government to be founded upon personal liberty. Something the French most certainly were not.
Its quite simple, if other countries embrace tyranny and restriction of liberties and authoritarianism, those countries are wrong and its self-evident.

I mean this law is basically to punish hate speech, when applicable.

Its hardly the tyranny or pure authoritarianism of Russia, China or NK; That you otherwise appear so apologetic towards.

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Mar 20 2024 05:41am
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 20 2024 06:05am
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 20 2024 08:16am)
The first and only government to be founded upon personal liberty. Something the French most certainly were not.
Its quite simple, if other countries embrace tyranny and restriction of liberties and authoritarianism, those countries are wrong and its self-evident.

Formulated differently:
Yet the REAL problem is to PREVENT social instability (which includes Tyranny). These kinds of laws are a "correction in the long run".
But I can understand it seems scary for people who live in first world countries with corrupted or super partisan judges, but it is compatible in well established and stable societies (EU).

Gold: 2,420.00
Mar 20 2024 07:22am
The legislation consolidates existing law and extends protection for vulnerable groups with a new offence of "stirring up hatred".

He said: "To those who think they may accidentally somehow fall foul of the law... because they believe sex is immutable, or they believe an adult man cannot become a female or they campaign for the rights of Palestinians... or those that proselytise that same-sex relationships are sinful, none of these people would fall foul of the stirring up of hatred offence for solely stating their belief - even if they did so in a robust manner.

"Why? Because solely stating any belief, which I accept may be offensive to some, is not breaching the criminal threshold.

So you're free to say what you want but if the government arbitrarily thinks you're `stirring up hatred` you'll be charged? I look forward to the hilarious news stories in the future that will come from this.
Gold: 2,955.95
Warn: 10%
Mar 20 2024 10:08am
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Mar 20 2024 04:41am)

Its hardly the tyranny or pure authoritarianism of Russia, China or NK; That you otherwise appear so apologetic towards.

ya and fraud lefties gona decide what 'hate speech is............. ya thats trustworthy............ honk
thats why you dont censor speech/ hate speech cause the people that want to censor "hate speech" are full of chit out for their agenda and will label anything they dont like as "hate speech"

then the next thing you know is they will try to force you to wear a face diaper
then jab you up with experimental bill gates trump juice
take away your job
put u in 'covid camps
be screaming in the streets Burning Looting and Murdering
then calling people inSuRrEcTiONsTs and locking them up with out trial

when someone trying to convince you about banning 'hate speech'. what they are really saying is they want to do something to you, like fuk you over

This post was edited by TiStuff on Mar 20 2024 10:22am
Mar 20 2024 10:21am
Quote (TiStuff @ Mar 20 2024 05:08pm)
ya and fraud lefties gona decide what 'hate speech is............. ya thats trustworthy............ honk
thats why you dont censor speech/ hate speech cause the people that want to censor "hate speech" are full of chit out for their agenda and will label anything they dont like as "hate speech"

then the next thing you know is they will try to force you to wear a face diaper
then jab you up with experimental bill gates trump juice
take away your job
put u in 'covid camps
be screaming in the streets Burning Looting and Murdering
then calling people inSuRrEcTiONsTs and locking them up with out trial

Are you really worried or affected by these things? Sounds sad!
Mar 20 2024 10:24am
Quote (Ashirgo @ Mar 20 2024 09:21am)
Are you really worried or affected by these things? Sounds sad!

covid scam ultimately failed go REEE about it

This post was edited by TiStuff on Mar 20 2024 10:25am
Mar 20 2024 10:30am
Quote (TiStuff @ Mar 20 2024 05:24pm)
covid scam ultimately failed go REEE about it

Are you still affected by the covid scare? I've heard that many people are in long term depression until now.
Mar 20 2024 01:59pm
Quote (Ashirgo @ Mar 20 2024 09:30am)
Are you still affected by the covid scare? I've heard that many people are in long term depression until now.

covid scam being exposed on a daily bases
Gold: 1,453.85
Mar 20 2024 05:21pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Mar 20 2024 04:41am)

To deem something hate speech is eerily close to thought policing.

This post was edited by JessiWan on Mar 20 2024 05:37pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll