d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Building > Im An Adult And Have Money Now!
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 95.60
Feb 7 2024 12:50am
So I built this PC like 15 years ago and it’s still somewhat decent, but finally getting back into gaming and POE, Cyberpunk 2077, etc., where I can really feel the lag. So now that I have a lot more money than back then, I want to build the most badass gaming PC possible for around $5k. I’ve been doing a lot of research and this seems like the best components. Any compatibility issues you guys can see or any better options I should consider?

New PC:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BQcjh3

Current PC:
-Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
-Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
-Motherboard: ASUS P6T DELUXE V2
-Memory: HyperX Kingston Technology Fury Black Kit (6 x 8GB) 1600MHz DDR3L Desktop Memory
-Windows Drive: Samsung SSD 840 Pro Series 2.5 Inch 256GB SATA III
-Gaming Drive: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III
-Monitor: LG 34UM68-P UltraWide Monitor 34” 21:9 IPS Display
Gold: 0.00
Feb 7 2024 01:29am

Fans - not recommended for that case.
power supply & cable issues.

Alienware monitor is ok , but there is way way better ones for the same exact price.
Feb 7 2024 01:42pm
Quote (conetopia @ Feb 6 2024 11:29pm)
https://i.gyazo.com/f3cb6f171b380c9a9847cdebc94a19c5.png

Fans - not recommended for that case.
power supply & cable issues.

Alienware monitor is ok , but there is way way better ones for the same exact price.

What monitor do you think is better for that price? I can’t find any QD-OLEDs, 4k, 120Hz+ with better specs.
Feb 7 2024 01:54pm
Also ChatGPT doesn’t see any fan compatibility issues like you said. Is it wrong on that?

To determine if the additional fans are compatible with the "be quiet! Silent Base 802 ATX Mid Tower Case," we need to consider the fan mounting options provided by the case and the size of the fans you're planning to use.

The "be quiet! Silent Base 802" case supports various fan sizes and configurations. Based on your list, you've chosen four "be quiet! Pure Wings 2 61.2 CFM 140 mm Fans."

Here's a breakdown of the fan compatibility for the Silent Base 802 case:
- Front: Up to 3x 120mm or 3x 140mm (comes with 2 pre-installed 140mm fans)
- Top: Up to 3x 120mm or 3x 140mm
- Rear: 1x 120mm or 1x 140mm (comes with 1 pre-installed 140mm fan)
- Bottom: Up to 2x 120mm or 2x 140mm

Considering you have four additional 140mm fans, they should fit well into this case. You can choose to place them at the top, front (replacing or supplementing the pre-installed fans), or at the bottom. This setup will ensure good airflow for your components, which is crucial given the high-performance nature of your build.
Gold: 1,324.77
Feb 8 2024 02:01pm
The fans are fine. Just look at the case to make sure it's manufacturer specs to confirm support 140mms fans in front/rear/top.

Just from looking at the case the radiator + 3x 140mm fans would take a lot of space in the front or top.

EATX is a fairly wider mobo compared to ATX and that extra inch so might have some fitment issues when trying to plug things in but nothing thats impossible.

Power supply looks good, glad you gave yourself some headroom as transient spikes do sometimes trigger the OCP and shuts PC off under load/working.

I'd get a Samsung G8 175hz for 50$ more but that's personal preference at that point.

Could save yourself 200$ from dropping to a Gen3 4tb as it's plenty fast in real world applications. Example of Gen3 to Gen4 to Gen5 read write speeds on paper looks like big double jumps in numbers 3k vs 7k is 10k speeds but in real life it's like if you gaming the loading in-between scenes like teleporting to a new zone might take 15secs vs 14sec vs 13sec (considering if internet speed, processor, and ram timings are exactly the same).
On the topic of storage, you could realistically get 8tb (2x4tb of Gen 3 m.2s) for 400$ and not be missing out on speeds. The bigger jumps there are like HDDsingle digit<SSDdouble digit<NVMEfourdigit speeds.

Founders edition cards generally err on the smaller side in length so you shouldn't have an issue fitting that in (unless the midtower case specs says otherwise. Look for length from front to back in millimeters such as 450mm max distance, card maybe 330mm, radiator 30mm, fans 25mm on one side, if push pull config double that number to 50mm.

To close, RAM looks fine, MOBO looks fine, don't need the kryonaut unless you plan on repasting your cpu often(a lot of AIOs come with thermal solution already on the water block).

All in all looks good ghost rider... on paper xD

Gremlins do exist, and sometimes parts don't play nice together. Nature of the beast

Edit: based on reading that chatgpt you posted specs are fine fitment whise. If there's space for fans underneath the chassis/case it's usually because the power supply or hard drive cages need airflow. Since no hard drive you don't need to install em unless you just want to for filling up spaces sake.

And I hope these fans come with some sort of fan hub that let's you plug in 4-6 fans into it otherwise you got a lot of 1-3 Y splitters taking up those fan slots on the motherboard xD

This post was edited by vizzle on Feb 8 2024 02:06pm
Feb 8 2024 05:52pm
Quote (vizzle @ Feb 8 2024 12:01pm)
The fans are fine. Just look at the case to make sure it's manufacturer specs to confirm support 140mms fans in front/rear/top.

Just from looking at the case the radiator + 3x 140mm fans would take a lot of space in the front or top.

EATX is a fairly wider mobo compared to ATX and that extra inch so might have some fitment issues when trying to plug things in but nothing thats impossible.

Power supply looks good, glad you gave yourself some headroom as transient spikes do sometimes trigger the OCP and shuts PC off under load/working.

I'd get a Samsung G8 175hz for 50$ more but that's personal preference at that point.

Could save yourself 200$ from dropping to a Gen3 4tb as it's plenty fast in real world applications. Example of Gen3 to Gen4 to Gen5 read write speeds on paper looks like big double jumps in numbers 3k vs 7k is 10k speeds but in real life it's like if you gaming the loading in-between scenes like teleporting to a new zone might take 15secs vs 14sec vs 13sec (considering if internet speed, processor, and ram timings are exactly the same).
On the topic of storage, you could realistically get 8tb (2x4tb of Gen 3 m.2s) for 400$ and not be missing out on speeds. The bigger jumps there are like HDDsingle digit<SSDdouble digit<NVMEfourdigit speeds.

Founders edition cards generally err on the smaller side in length so you shouldn't have an issue fitting that in (unless the midtower case specs says otherwise. Look for length from front to back in millimeters such as 450mm max distance, card maybe 330mm, radiator 30mm, fans 25mm on one side, if push pull config double that number to 50mm.

To close, RAM looks fine, MOBO looks fine, don't need the kryonaut unless you plan on repasting your cpu often(a lot of AIOs come with thermal solution already on the water block).

All in all looks good ghost rider... on paper xD

Gremlins do exist, and sometimes parts don't play nice together. Nature of the beast

Edit: based on reading that chatgpt you posted specs are fine fitment whise. If there's space for fans underneath the chassis/case it's usually because the power supply or hard drive cages need airflow. Since no hard drive you don't need to install em unless you just want to for filling up spaces sake.

And I hope these fans come with some sort of fan hub that let's you plug in 4-6 fans into it otherwise you got a lot of 1-3 Y splitters taking up those fan slots on the motherboard xD

Dude, THANK YOU! Huge help and going to review your notes and make a final review of everything before I buy. Also gonna look at that Samsung. :)
Gold: 1,324.77
Feb 9 2024 12:39am
Right on, if you have any further questions let me know.

I have the Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo as my midtower, it'll fit everything you would like to have for example.

There are A LOT of midtower PC cases, I mean A LOT.

But for 150-250 range you can get a nice tower to house all your components.

Also I'd like to note, if you're just doing gaming basically on that PC and web browsing, consider going the SFX route and making an ITX build.

From the components you picked out I just noticed you don't care about RGB, my PC has 10x Corsair LL120s, I cared for RGB cause why not but nowadays it's all blacked out/off lol. Just in RGB fans and accessories that was probably a wasted 400$. It gets expensive.

My budget for the tower alone was around 5k also but that was 2020 when covid hit and 3090s cost like 2k at the time. 3k if you bought it 2nd hand. Now the new 4090s cost the same exact 2k again and it's NOT scalper prices 😑

Luckily for me I had in store warranty on the 3090 at my local miceocenter. I returned it when the 4000 series came out and got 2k store credit, grabbed 2* 4070 tis and put one in my wife's PC to upgrade her micrometer.

And monitors, shit if you're not dead set in 4k gaming, consider getting that Samsung G9 (whatever current gen ultrawide) 49in 1440p monitor. It's basically 2x 24.5 in monitors side by side in a curved fashion without bezels.

I run 3x 27in monitors personally, one in portrait mode for reading documents, 2x standard horizontal for gaming/youtube/etc
Gold: 0.00
Feb 10 2024 04:47am
Sorry for the slow reply.

The computer case you picked already comes with some fans.
3x 140MM of the be quiet! Pure Wings 2

Based on how high end your attempting to build, you may want to upgrade the fans.
You can always leave the case on auto or maybe setting #1 or 2.
be quiet! Pure Wings 3
140 mm Black 1800 RPM 72.2 CFM 30.5 dB $11.90

I was going to suggest any of the new Samsung Monitors, as 4K is nice, and the black/white contrast ratio is better.
Although they don't really have ultra wide
If your only looking for 2K Ultra wide, then alienware may be the way to go.

Samsung , MSI, and its competitors are supposedly making 4K ultra wide later this year ( there is some out already, but they are only 65,70,75,80 hz )

I'm not liking the water cooler personally. Its wayyyy too bulky, and provides nearly no room for the ram.
Also you have to buy the LGA 1700 bracket separately, which i think is dumb, and a pain.
Maybe get an MSI or Corsair water cooler for your CPU , it will provide better compatibility via software for fan tuning.

Gold: 8,247.00
Feb 16 2024 07:38pm
You still haven’t upping one level yet.
Gold: 30.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 22 2024 09:00am
The title should read "I did my taxes and got a return!"
Go Back To Computer Building Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll