d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > 21 Ladder Slasher Ideas Including Many Gold Sinks
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 42,090.94
Warn: 40%
Feb 7 2024 05:39pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Feb 7 2024 10:51pm)
I have all of shannons ls gear on board atm actually, have for a few years.
I played both the test servers to mq twice each.

What I meant was the people who like the idea don't have very much value in LS gear. Also if you have someone else's gear that just proves my point. You have little to no investment in the game.

U played both test servers to mq once and only once but for another reason. If it were because you enjoyed climbing with no gear you'd have done it twice or even more. I also played both test servers to mq and I'm sure we both wanted to impact the outcome of the game.

If you want to suggest something then just make your own post. This thread isn't about advocating for a server wipe.
Gold: 1.93
Feb 7 2024 06:53pm
Is there an upside to the bank like interest or something?
Feb 7 2024 07:19pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Feb 8 2024 12:53am)

It's fg only spendable within ladder slasher so that could be useful and it's just an idea.

It could be linked with future updates like cosmetics and other gold sinks where you're able to spend fg on more things.

The positive side is it's a good gold sink which would help keep ladder slasher and the site alive longer maybe.
Feb 7 2024 08:14pm
Quote (Bob888 @ Feb 8 2024 12:19pm)
It's fg only spendable within ladder slasher so that could be useful and it's just an idea.

It could be linked with future updates like cosmetics and other gold sinks where you're able to spend fg on more things.

The positive side is it's a good gold sink which would help keep ladder slasher and the site alive longer maybe.

Yeah but my current fg can do the same thing, if there is no kind of upside its just worse than having it sitting on my account, like if there was a discount when using it on the market or for bank slots it would be cool.
With no upside its pretty much just a place to keep ls funds safe from gambling.
Gold: 57,306.61
Feb 7 2024 08:49pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Feb 7 2024 04:53pm)

If it did thar would just cause every d2jsp member to create an account just for the bank interest and not actually play the game.

Edit: however, since there is roughly 15,000 active jsp users and lets say half of those create ls account for the bank or 7500 members and out of that only 10% actually bother to play the game thats still 750 new members to LS which might not be such a bad thing…..

This post was edited by CARTRACK on Feb 7 2024 08:54pm
Feb 7 2024 10:21pm
Quote (CARTRACK @ Feb 8 2024 01:49pm)
If it did thar would just cause every d2jsp member to create an account just for the bank interest and not actually play the game.

Edit: however, since there is roughly 15,000 active jsp users and lets say half of those create ls account for the bank or 7500 members and out of that only 10% actually bother to play the game thats still 750 new members to LS which might not be such a bad thing…..

Under bobs idea the fg can only be spent on ls stuff like market and vault, so non ls players wouldn't benefit.
But giving interest would be the opposite of an fg sink, so maybe something else would work, just needs incentive.
Gold: 57,306.61
Feb 8 2024 02:18am
Quote (Plaguefear @ Feb 7 2024 08:21pm)
Under bobs idea the fg can only be spent on ls stuff like market and vault, so non ls players wouldn't benefit.
But giving interest would be the opposite of an fg sink, so maybe something else would work, just needs incentive.

The market is tied to fg. Every item in the market is bought and sold with fg.

However, a “bank” idea that after say a certain number of days you log in, or deposit fg into it and after a certain time it extends your vault time by a few days, or gives you an extra few more slots in the market to sell more junk, or something along these lines I moght be ok with.
Feb 8 2024 03:13am
Quote (CARTRACK @ Feb 8 2024 07:18pm)
The market is tied to fg. Every item in the market is bought and sold with fg.

However, a “bank” idea that after say a certain number of days you log in, or deposit fg into it and after a certain time it extends your vault time by a few days, or gives you an extra few more slots in the market to sell more junk, or something along these lines I moght be ok with.

What about have breakpoints like at 5k invested you get more market slots, 10k lower market fees etc.
Now I want to play ls again.
Gold: 21,365.00
Feb 8 2024 07:30am
What about adding emblems to maps found ? for example

lvl 35 map

with +14 eps and +5 emblems

that could be amazing to incrase the chance find well/ extra eps on map :)

This post was edited by Lewy on Feb 8 2024 07:30am
Feb 8 2024 07:55am
Quote (Plaguefear @ Feb 8 2024 04:21am)

Let me ask you this. Is it advantageous to buy 1 year of vault all at once vs just buying it once every month? No, the forum gold cost is exactly the same, in fact it's actually more economical to do it once a month. Even so a lot of people buy lots of months in advance just to spend some of their fg.

Having more options brings diversity, personalization and fun. So yes, something doesn't need to have an innate benefit to be useful.

Quote (Plaguefear @ Feb 8 2024 02:14am)
Yeah but my current fg can do the same thing, if there is no kind of upside its just worse than having it sitting on my account, like if there was a discount when using it on the market or for bank slots it would be cool.
With no upside its pretty much just a place to keep ls funds safe from gambling.

Sure there could some extra benefits such as slight discounted prices on vault fees or cosmetics if they ever get added if purchased in bulk or something like that. This is a base idea so even if I thought up a whole lot of contingencies it needs to be accept at it's base form first. Yes there could be all sorts of things tied into having a bank within the game as well all of which could be advantageous to both the site and the player.

You guys are also caught up on one idea there a bunch of others. Vote for your favorite one and focus on asking questions regarding the one you like the most not the one you want to refute the most.

Quote (Lewy @ Feb 8 2024 01:30pm)
What about adding emblems to maps found ? for example

lvl 35 map

with +14 eps and +5 emblems

that could be amazing to incrase the chance find well/ extra eps on map :)

That's honestly a great idea. Adding more map mods would be cool imo.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll