d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Taiwan Is Part Of China
Prev145678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,730.00
Feb 5 2024 09:55pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Feb 6 2024 11:51am)
The way ch treats africa is way worse. At least america conducts war openly and not cowardly behind the scenes with infrastructure debt entrapment schemes like ch.

That logic is absurd, so killing hundreds of thousands in Vietnam and Iraq is on par is building infrastructure in countries that needs infrastructure? Can we have some African, Iraqi Vietnamese comments here. You can’t just assume what others in the world think, most of Americans don’t even have a passport.
Gold: 281.64
Feb 5 2024 09:56pm
Quote (imshenny @ 5 Feb 2024 19:52)
Because what you claim is wrong, so if you want to argue otherwise you’ll better provide some proof and facts other than your personal opinion

The good thing about facts is random people being quite obtuse and intentional with their goals of just being an irritating forum dweller doesn't invalidate them!
Feb 5 2024 10:01pm
Quote (Cascadian @ Feb 6 2024 11:56am)
The good thing about facts is random people being quite obtuse and intentional with their goals of just being an irritating forum dweller doesn't invalidate them!

Yer nothing against that, just makes it no longer a debate, just throwing out opinions without basis
Gold: 281.64
Feb 5 2024 10:02pm
Quote (imshenny @ 5 Feb 2024 20:01)
Yer nothing against that, just makes it no longer a debate, just throwing out opinions without basis

This isn't a debate. This is some fecal poster (imshenny) just throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks so you can post 3 times back to back and thump your chest

This post was edited by Cascadian on Feb 5 2024 10:02pm
Feb 5 2024 10:09pm
Quote (Cascadian @ Feb 6 2024 12:02pm)
This isn't a debate. This is some fecal poster (imshenny) just throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks so you can post 3 times back to back and thump your chest

I rather say Cascadian is having some verbal diarrhoea and refusing to have the medication, but swallowing what he’s puking out
Gold: 633.87
Feb 6 2024 12:06am
Quote (imshenny @ Feb 5 2024 08:16am)
- historically it has always been part of China
- two parties within China had a difference and one took over an island, doesn’t make it a new country
- Taiwan is universally recognised as a region in China, just like Barcelona is well recognised as a region in Spain

Historically speaking, Taiwan was colonized under the Qing during the 17th century, only to be ceded to the Japanese in 1895. So it's accurate to say that Taiwan was not a part of China for the vast majority of China's history.

New states have formed throughout history, the United States is one such example, and the two Koreas are recent memory. The mark of sovereignty is ownership, and the CCP has never exercised control over Taiwan.

The major powers that be do not recognize in fact that Taiwan is part of China. The United States certainly does not, or it wouldn't threaten the use of force to maintain Taiwanese independence.
Feb 6 2024 01:52am
Quote (bogie160 @ Feb 6 2024 02:06pm)
Historically speaking, Taiwan was colonized under the Qing during the 17th century, only to be ceded to the Japanese in 1895. So it's accurate to say that Taiwan was not a part of China for the vast majority of China's history.

New states have formed throughout history, the United States is one such example, and the two Koreas are recent memory. The mark of sovereignty is ownership, and the CCP has never exercised control over Taiwan.

The major powers that be do not recognize in fact that Taiwan is part of China. The United States certainly does not, or it wouldn't threaten the use of force to maintain Taiwanese independence.

It’s not colonialiized under the Qing dynasty, there’s another two thousand years before Qing dynasty. The major powers recognizes Taiwan is part of china, even the US, that’s why it doesn’t have any seat in any international institutions. Biden nor trump have never openly said anything about Taiwan not being part of china, let alone rest of the world
Gold: 8,933.00
Feb 6 2024 04:55am
Quote (imshenny @ Feb 5 2024 09:32pm)
Well you’re automatically assuming I’m Chinese just because I raised a point against the so called American thinking.

Good on you if that’s what you did, but doesn’t deny the fact the us is kinda war mongering and is controlled by the industrial military complex. Which make sense, if your product needs war to sell, you’re always pushing for agendas that creates conflict. Don’t think the Lockheed Martin/ Boeing people cares how many in the us armed forces dies as long their market cap keeps growing. This war mongering might be good for their return on equity but so much for the world tho

I notice that you didn't deny it, and I wouldn't believe you if you did deny it. Wumao gonna Wumao. It's not just Americans who think this way. Until the 1970s, dozens upon dozens of countries used to consider Taiwan the legitimate government of China. They were forced to retract this position if they wished to access PRC markets.

Helping Taiwan defend itself isn't warmongering. Invading Taiwan to bring it under PRC control would be the war mongering.
Feb 6 2024 08:58am
Quote (Santara @ Feb 6 2024 06:55pm)
I notice that you didn't deny it, and I wouldn't believe you if you did deny it. Wumao gonna Wumao. It's not just Americans who think this way. Until the 1970s, dozens upon dozens of countries used to consider Taiwan the legitimate government of China. They were forced to retract this position if they wished to access PRC markets.

Helping Taiwan defend itself isn't warmongering. Invading Taiwan to bring it under PRC control would be the war mongering.

like helping libya, iraq, afghanistan, vietnam and native americans defend itself isnt war mongering? the US the most war mongering nation on the plant yet I see you're refusing to see the elephant in front of you. Taiwan is a geographical location, it cant be the legitmate goverment of anything. China rejoined the UN in 1971, it wasnt even a market econmy then, still in the middle of its culture revolusion so what markets for whom did any country access? I see you're misinformed as always in any none US history. And China - US re-established diplomacy in 1979 to counter the soviets, and to help US get out of its vietnam hole for your education. The high society in the US does not give a crap about some poor kid in the US armed forces dying for worthless cause as long as it brought oil/defense contracts, so meh, keep up the brain washing.

This post was edited by imshenny on Feb 6 2024 08:58am
Gold: 10,655.00
Feb 6 2024 09:35am
Quote (Santara @ Feb 6 2024 05:55am)

You're arguing with a ketchup bottle. :)
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev145678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll