d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions > Name Change Question/suggestion
12Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,430.00
Warn: 10%
Aug 29 2023 12:25pm
Hello all I just noticed that to change your account name is still 1500fg.

Is there a reason this price has never changed?

I understand that it disincentives people from changing their name "all the time" but for people who have been a part of jsp and have donated a considerable amount of money/time to the site why isn't there a way to

1) Earn a "free name change" after a certain amount of money donated to the site

2) Earn a reduced name change cost for the longer you go without changing it

3) Reduce the cost for people who do like to change their name every once in a while based on the number of times they previously changed their account name

4) Reduce name change cost for a certain period of time after joining a new guild. i.e would be I am in the guild "Cow King" what if I wanted to add "CK" to the front of my name along with other guild members

I appreciate you taking the time to read this and if I posted in the wrong SF apologies!

Generally curious!

TIA
Gold: 0.00
Aug 29 2023 12:38pm
Not a chance.
They haven’t changed the price of virtually anything since its inception, don’t see their stance on this to change ever.

1500 fg is less than a hours worth of work for most people in terms of what fg costs by getting it via buying in-game currencies, it’s not alot…

This post was edited by straightedgerevenge on Aug 29 2023 12:40pm
Gold: 4,705.30
Aug 29 2023 04:10pm
In my opinion the pricing is fair for what the general population of d2jsp might need - so I don't really see a need for options 1-3.
Option 4 already exists to an extent, you can remove clan tags (or remove a few characters from the current name) at a reduced cost of 500fg - I suppose I wouldn't be against them altering that to allow us to ADD a few characters at that same price.

Adjusting the costs might seem harmless or beneficial for long-standing members, but it comes with added headaches - for example; a user with an old join date who decides to go on a scamming spree - they now have a cheaper/simpler way to mask their name temporarily and potentially get away with more wrong-doings.
I would be supportive of a suggestion to allow adding 2-3 characters to a current username at a reduced cost as mentioned above, but otherwise I don't think any adjustments are needed to the current username settings.
Gold: 157,599.69
Aug 29 2023 05:02pm
1500 fg is not that much fg.

There are avenues on this site that basically make that a rate of $15 to change your name, which is the equivalent of a meal at a sit-down restaurant.

I get your points, but its not a needed change.
Aug 29 2023 08:47pm
Quote (straightedgerevenge @ 29 Aug 2023 13:38)
Not a chance.
They haven’t changed the price of virtually anything since its inception, don’t see their stance on this to change ever.

1500 fg is less than a hours worth of work for most people in terms of what fg costs by getting it via buying in-game currencies, it’s not alot…

Quote (Epiphany @ 29 Aug 2023 17:10)
In my opinion the pricing is fair for what the general population of d2jsp might need - so I don't really see a need for options 1-3.
Option 4 already exists to an extent, you can remove clan tags (or remove a few characters from the current name) at a reduced cost of 500fg - I suppose I wouldn't be against them altering that to allow us to ADD a few characters at that same price.

Adjusting the costs might seem harmless or beneficial for long-standing members, but it comes with added headaches - for example; a user with an old join date who decides to go on a scamming spree - they now have a cheaper/simpler way to mask their name temporarily and potentially get away with more wrong-doings.
I would be supportive of a suggestion to allow adding 2-3 characters to a current username at a reduced cost as mentioned above, but otherwise I don't think any adjustments are needed to the current username settings.

Quote (Rws @ 29 Aug 2023 18:02)
1500 fg is not that much fg.

There are avenues on this site that basically make that a rate of $15 to change your name, which is the equivalent of a meal at a sit-down restaurant.

I get your points, but its not a needed change.

Appreciate all your responses! Thanks for clearing some of that up for me I really wasn’t thinking of the “people will scam much easier” but you are totally right! Didn’t even think of that. But as for the “it’s only an hour of work to get enough fg to change your name” that’s not what it’s about. I just think more users would appreciate actually getting “something” for supporting this site and a reduced price for a name change/ orb prices/ guild cost etc. You need to change things whether charge more or less because this site is stagnant. Paul may not need any new users because he’s content but users want more users and there’s no “hey join jsp you get this this and that” it’s
More like join jsp give your credit card and buy a bunch of stuff that does nothing. Does that make any sense lol sry
Gold: 445.97
Aug 29 2023 09:01pm
disagree with everything, respectfully

name changes should require a good amount of fg. it's a big deal. normalizing it or creating discounts may seem cool on the surface level, but it diminishes the entire purpose of changing your name
Aug 29 2023 09:38pm
Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ 29 Aug 2023 22:01)
disagree with everything, respectfully

name changes should require a good amount of fg. it's a big deal. normalizing it or creating discounts may seem cool on the surface level, but it diminishes the entire purpose of changing your name

I've changed my name 4 or 5 times in the 15 years I've been a part of this site for various reasons along with donating a grand to "Paul's efforts" and literally nothing has changed on this site during that time frame.

My original account a 2008 acc I wanted back and forgot the PW(mods are like sorry can't help ya)

So I basically spent(7500fg) 200 dollars just to change my name a few times(once every 3 years). You'd think the next time I change it a little pop up box with a message saying "This ones on us" or "1/2 off"

It's easy for people who just made an account in the last 2 years like yourself or someone who will never change their name why would you/they care?

Makes CENTS for someone it's not about the users anymore never has been.
Aug 30 2023 02:41am
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Aug 29 2023 11:38pm)
I've changed my name 4 or 5 times in the 15 years I've been a part of this site for various reasons along with donating a grand to "Paul's efforts" and literally nothing has changed on this site during that time frame.

My original account ^BeIntimidated a 2008 acc I wanted back and forgot the PW(mods are like sorry can't help ya)

So I basically spent(7500fg) 200 dollars just to change my name a few times(once every 3 years). You'd think the next time I change it a little pop up box with a message saying "This ones on us" or "1/2 off"

It's easy for people who just made an account in the last 2 years like yourself or someone who will never change their name why would you/they care?

Makes CENTS for someone it's not about the users anymore never has been.

I’ve gone to the same grocery store for 15 years, they don’t give me special discounts.
I’ve used the same bank for 15 years, I don’t get anything from them.

You are no more special than anyone else lol.

The price of fg has always been the same, and the only way to get fg is to buy it so obviously it’s being bought alot when there are people like Platine with 22 million (he didnt buy any but that fg comes from someones wallet).

1500 is a perfectly fine price to pay for changing your name.

This post was edited by straightedgerevenge on Aug 30 2023 02:42am
Aug 30 2023 07:31am
Quote (straightedgerevenge @ 30 Aug 2023 03:41)
I’ve gone to the same grocery store for 15 years, they don’t give me special discounts.
I’ve used the same bank for 15 years, I don’t get anything from them.

You are no more special than anyone else lol.

The price of fg has always been the same, and the only way to get fg is to buy it so obviously it’s being bought alot when there are people like Platine with 22 million (he didnt buy any but that fg comes from someones wallet).

1500 is a perfectly fine price to pay for changing your name.

Not sure what bank and grocery chain you use but I get coupons/rewards anytime I step in and even though I know it's a gimmick to get me to spend more money and I don't they still do it. It's called marketing. Like you just said why would njagaur care when he's already wealthy and people continue to buy fg at probably the same rate or more. It shows when you look at all the major updates hes done over the years and it's literally nothing. 6 months+ inbetween updates and it'll be the most minute change that no one even cares/uses the changes.

Btw I never said 1500fg was "too much" if anything it's too little it seems like people still scam at the same rate so why not make it even more? My point is don't penalize people who like to change their names(Changed mine to a funny one/ a serious one/ a guild owner one and 1 or 2 others) I'm not personally asking for preferential treatment I'm simply stating the fact that I'm "deterred" from spending another 1500fg because I actually just want to change my name back to my original one. So I'll be paying that 1500fg soon enough to do it. When I typed it in to check availability and it was there I said to myself, "Why in the hell am I gonna spend another 1500fg to change my name back to one I already had". That's why I said to incentivize account name changes. I'm just trying to help the site make more money because most people will not pay 1500fg especially if they earned it ALL and didn't just bronate to "Paul's efforts". I've even asked people I play with and they all go "no chance I'm spending 1500fg to change my name it took me years to accumulate this forum gold". So you have a large percentage of users who won't change their account name BECAUSE of the price point. It's simply a suggestion! I know the change will never happen but I figured I'd throw it out there.

Take care all thanks for the reponses! :thumbsup:
Aug 30 2023 09:18am
Quote (SwamiVivekananda @ Aug 30 2023 09:31am)
Not sure what bank and grocery chain you use but I get coupons/rewards anytime I step in and even though I know it's a gimmick to get me to spend more money and I don't they still do it. It's called marketing. Like you just said why would njagaur care when he's already wealthy and people continue to buy fg at probably the same rate or more. It shows when you look at all the major updates hes done over the years and it's literally nothing. 6 months+ inbetween updates and it'll be the most minute change that no one even cares/uses the changes.

Btw I never said 1500fg was "too much" if anything it's too little it seems like people still scam at the same rate so why not make it even more? My point is don't penalize people who like to change their names(Changed mine to a funny one/ a serious one/ a guild owner one and 1 or 2 others) I'm not personally asking for preferential treatment I'm simply stating the fact that I'm "deterred" from spending another 1500fg because I actually just want to change my name back to my original one. So I'll be paying that 1500fg soon enough to do it. When I typed it in to check availability and it was there I said to myself, "Why in the hell am I gonna spend another 1500fg to change my name back to one I already had". That's why I said to incentivize account name changes. I'm just trying to help the site make more money because most people will not pay 1500fg especially if they earned it ALL and didn't just bronate to "Paul's efforts". I've even asked people I play with and they all go "no chance I'm spending 1500fg to change my name it took me years to accumulate this forum gold". So you have a large percentage of users who won't change their account name BECAUSE of the price point. It's simply a suggestion! I know the change will never happen but I figured I'd throw it out there.

Take care all thanks for the reponses! :thumbsup:

That’s because a name change doesn’t change anything but your name. Your user ID remains the same, changing the name doesn’t ensure they are free to scam people unbeknownst to them.
People don’t change their name because they simply already have a username they seemed to like when they created the account. Also with over a million accounts and none of them deleted even if banned etc…the option for a name you’d actually want to pay to change to honestly probably aren’t many available that would be appealing.
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
12Next
Closed New Topic New Poll