d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Do You Find Yourself Using Fast Forward?
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 30%
Mar 26 2023 05:57pm
Quote (rinirax @ Mar 27 2023 09:28am)
yeah but this is exactly the thing im talking about. present day internet has ruined our brains. our brain is addicted to the instant gratification/dopamine rush and only wants the highlights and good feeling of remembering that special scene.
in normal scenarios, a good scene is a good scene because of build up. a death scene is completely meaningless if you skipped all the moments before where you get to know and love the character.
or a funny scene would be less impactful if you dont know he reacted in an unusual way since you dont know how he reacts usually.
at least thats how it is for watching something the first time. i wouldnt skip stuff on a rewatch (because i wouldnt watch something again if i didnt 100% like it) but that build up factor isnt as needed there obviously.

my first post was worded as a fact when its obviously not, not everyone who does this has adhd or whatever but it seems like the correlation is there at least.
also i did skip a few scenes when watching hereditary recently. i guess i kinda tried to "salvage" the movie for myself since i didnt really like it so i just searched for good scenes. but in the end i didnt find any because i didnt care about anything that happened.

Yea see you think it's adhd while it could be efficiency and enjoyment factor. I have no problem concentrating if I really like something. Heck some parts I'll rewind several times if I think I missed something. You are unfortunately stuck in the religious dogma of watch every part of a film even if its dogshit and will 100% be unenjoyable experience. Then again it looks like you watch anime which doesn't really give you much credibility lol.

It's like being told by a junk food eater to down that nasty sauce and wash it down with extra large cup of mountain dew. If every little crumb on your plate isn't finished you have adhd and something wrong with you. Go ahead and consume trash. Your Walmart analysis is just bad
Gold: 0.70
Warn: 60%
Mar 26 2023 08:42pm
You have been voted off
Gold: 91.69
Warn: 10%
Mar 28 2023 07:12am
I never hit ff, i dont watch much tv no more.
Nothing is really worth the time, and even the best shows are average nowadays.

Quote (MoreTimeToKill @ Mar 26 2023 10:42pm)
You have been voted off

:rofl:
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll