d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > 100% Free Advice From A Professional > Ask Anything To A Trainer/bodybuilder
Prev14514524534544552039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,551.68
Jul 7 2010 07:05pm
what will happen when i reintroduce carbs into my diet?
Do you have any reads/articles on the anabolic diet?
in the carb up days, should i be avoiding protein?

any tips for the first few days of dizziness or fatigue i should be expecting?

ive also seen versions where they use more clean fats - less cheese, meat fats, more olive oil/almonds etc - whats the purpose? or none

This post was edited by Honestly on Jul 7 2010 07:09pm
Gold: 8,422.77
Trader: Trusted
Jul 7 2010 07:28pm
Quote (Babolat @ Jul 7 2010 12:54pm)
I only go by the "t"

6'2'' 6'3'' Range

Around 155-160 lbs - Fluctuates daily - At my mom's, I have access to Salmon, Filet, Flounder, New York Strip, Turkey Burgers +

Ok...you are going to need a LOT of calories to break this streak.

I want you taking in 6,000 calories a day...MINIMUM.

200g fat // 350g protein // 650g carbs

sample meal plan:

Meal 1 - 2 large bowls of whole grain cereal w/ whole milk + large bagel with cream cheese + 3 whole eggs + 1 banana

Meal 2 - 1 lb package of pasta + 1 jar of tomato sauce + 1 lb ground beef + shredded cheese and a side salad or steamed broccoli with olive oil

Meal 3 - 1 large steak with 2 cups of brown rice + 1 cup black beans + 6 oz cheese + 1/4 lb fruit

Meal 4 - 1 large piece of fish cooked in olive oil + 2 cups of orzo + 1 cup of sweet potatoes + green peppers/onions

Meal 5 - 2 cans of tuna + mayo + mustard (tuna salad) on top of 4 slices of whole grain bread w/ all toppings (cheese, veggies, other meats) + large helping of whole grain chips (sunchips or brown rice chips) + carrots and ranch dressing

Meal 6 - 2 whole eggs hard boiled and chopped + 1 large chicken breast + 1 cup of cottage cheese + 2 cups of whole grain pasta all mixed up (sounds terrible but its really tasty....) w/ grated cheese and garlic

In addition to this absolutely obscene meal plan, you can throw in glasses of whole milk and spoonfulls of peanutbutter throughout the day. I expect you to drink at least 1/2 gal of whole milk per day, and 8 tbsp of peanut butter in addition to the above meal plan.

If after 2 weeks you dont start seeing gains...come back to me and I'll start modifying things.
Jul 7 2010 07:30pm
Quote (SeaBas @ Jul 7 2010 02:22pm)
Hey,

So I was wondering.. When you run, you burn calories, by using your energy. But to restore that energy you will have a desire to eat more. So does cardio actually help for weight loss unless you starve yourself?

cardio burns calories much like any activity. You are not RESTORING energy...instead you are getting your body to break down fat in order to use it as energy. This process is how the body reduces fat stores....using existing bodyfat as energy instead of glycogen (in a glycogen depleted enviroment). The reason the anabolic diet is superior to other cutting diets for rapid fat loss is because with lack of carbs comes a ketogenic enviroment which burns fat instead of glycogen and muscle...thus your muscle losses on cutting will be much less.

In other words, do as much activity as possible (wait at least 1-2 hrs after eating to do physical activity for optimal fat loss)...and eat properly...your body will burn fat stores as fuel.
Jul 7 2010 07:33pm
Quote (Kiston @ Jul 7 2010 02:55pm)
do people overly-critisize their own body?

i always still think im fat but girls say they love my body and my dad even thinks i should start gaining weight.

There was actually a recent study conducted on this.

People see themselves much differently in a mirror than they do in a picture or camera....

and also much more differently than others see them

This skewed perception is generated in the brain for UNKNOWN reasons. Basically mind over matter can make or break the man.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 7 2010 07:33pm
Sup raynor,

heres a bit about me;
Male, 6'2".5, 182 lbs
im going to college in Sept. to be in Fitness
I'm looking for some advice on making a balanced workout routine to build muscle and a bit of strength for my whole body.
Couple of years ago, I would work out 5 days a week, I'd do like bench press, bicep curls, tricep curls, chest flys, ab crunches. My upper body was pretty swole but after that year I didn't go to the gym anymore.
Anyways, nowadays my routine isn't quite the greatest,
I run 4km one day and the next I work out at home and do;
some bench press, with the same weights all the time, 30lbs per dumbell. I do 3 sets of 15 reps. Tricep curls, same. Bicep Curls, same. There's really no variety at all and I always work on the same muscles and don't change weights lol.
So, I got a membership to a gym now and I'll have access to a bunch of machines finally.

so yeah man i was wondering if you would know a good balanced routine for all the muscles groups
like how many days a week to work out
which muscle groups to do which day
what exercises and machines
how many sets/reps
when to rest
maybe some nutrition tips too

im sure its a bit of a tall order but any help would be greatly appreciated!
ps. came out of like 80 days of not posting to write this haha

This post was edited by Darkblue on Jul 7 2010 07:37pm
Jul 7 2010 07:36pm
Quote (Honestly @ Jul 7 2010 09:05pm)
what will happen when i reintroduce carbs into my diet?
Do you have any reads/articles on the anabolic diet?
in the carb up days, should i be avoiding protein?

any tips for the first few days of dizziness or fatigue i should be expecting?

ive also seen versions where they use more clean fats - less cheese, meat fats, more olive oil/almonds etc - whats the purpose? or none

Hey there.

when you reintroduce carbs, you kick your body out of keto (but only temporarily if you are talking about carb day rather than returning to a normal diet). If you return to a normal diet, your body will kick out of keto and start burning glycogen instead of fat.

during CARB days (not cheat days) you want to keep protein at about 150-200g and no more than 10-20g fat...the rest will be carbs.

theres a lot of info on the anabolic diet on the web...just google it and check it out...I don't have a specific resource I recommend unfortunately.

for the first few days, just work through it...it wont be severe enough to cause you any real problems...just tough it out.

No purpose for different fats...as long as you have a 2:1 unsat to sat fat ratio (or better) you are fine

Gold: 6,670.00
Jul 7 2010 07:57pm
Quote (SKCRaynor @ Jul 8 2010 01:28am)
Ok...you are going to need a LOT of calories to break this streak.

I want you taking in 6,000 calories a day...MINIMUM.

200g fat // 350g protein // 650g carbs

sample meal plan:

Meal 1 - 2 large bowls of whole grain cereal w/ whole milk + large bagel with cream cheese + 3 whole eggs + 1 banana

Meal 2 - 1 lb package of pasta + 1 jar of tomato sauce + 1 lb ground beef + shredded cheese and a side salad or steamed broccoli with olive oil

Meal 3 - 1 large steak with 2 cups of brown rice + 1 cup black beans + 6 oz cheese + 1/4 lb fruit

Meal 4 - 1 large piece of fish cooked in olive oil + 2 cups of orzo + 1 cup of sweet potatoes + green peppers/onions

Meal 5 - 2 cans of tuna + mayo + mustard (tuna salad) on top of 4 slices of whole grain bread w/ all toppings (cheese, veggies, other meats) + large helping of whole grain chips (sunchips or brown rice chips) + carrots and ranch dressing

Meal 6 - 2 whole eggs hard boiled and chopped + 1 large chicken breast + 1 cup of cottage cheese + 2 cups of whole grain pasta all mixed up (sounds terrible but its really tasty....) w/ grated cheese and garlic

In addition to this absolutely obscene meal plan, you can throw in glasses of whole milk and spoonfulls of peanutbutter throughout the day. I expect you to drink at least 1/2 gal of whole milk per day, and 8 tbsp of peanut butter in addition to the above meal plan.

If after 2 weeks you dont start seeing gains...come back to me and I'll start modifying things.

sounds yummy, and expensive :P

I have do have Cytogainer, let me know when to fit those in
Gold: 1,551.68
Jul 7 2010 11:12pm
Have you or anyone you know done this plan?
Hoe is this different from atkins?Or ketosis?

also would like approval on this list
http://stronglifts.com/the-ultimate-anabolic-diet-food-list-101-foods-you-can-eat/

also, carb free whipped cream? bank

This post was edited by Honestly on Jul 7 2010 11:21pm
Jul 8 2010 11:54am
Quote (Babolat @ Jul 7 2010 09:57pm)
sounds yummy, and expensive :P

I have do have Cytogainer, let me know when to fit those in

you can use the cytogainer POST workout or anywhere else you'd like to throw it in place of a meal =)
Jul 8 2010 11:57am
Quote (Honestly @ Jul 8 2010 01:12am)
Have you or anyone you know done this plan?
Hoe is this different from atkins?Or ketosis?

also would like approval on this list
http://stronglifts.com/the-ultimate-anabolic-diet-food-list-101-foods-you-can-eat/

also, carb free whipped cream? bank

Ive used this plan many times to drop about 15-20 lbs of fat for once a year shredding. I go down to about 5-6% BF from 12-15% bf.

It is a bit different than atkins, and ketosis is just the process that your body undergoes during this or any low/no carb diet. Ketosis is whats helping burn the fat and maintain the muscle. However, during this plan theres a carb day and a cheat day alternating in order to keep the body guessing and keep you sane. it works very well. Also there are caloric/macro limits and an exercise routine that go along with this plan that makes it different.

those foods listed there are fine, but watch the onions...they contain sugar...you can have some, but not a lot....the equiv of 1/2 onion per day is fine.

most whipped cream is carb free...its really just heavy cream, that's been whipped. Only some varieties have sugar added to them....stick to plain whipped cream...or make your own....heavy cream + whip it. lol
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev14514524534544552039Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll