d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > My 2013 Mock Draft 10.0
Prev1678
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 15,760.66
Jan 18 2013 02:17pm
Quote (Randolph @ Jan 18 2013 03:16pm)
Interesting.

I'll take him happily.  With this class and pass rush being a glaring need on defense, I'd love to have Jones with our first pick.

how often do you update your mocks out of curiosity i may start following updates
Gold: 0.27
Jan 18 2013 02:17pm
Quote (4killer7 @ Jan 18 2013 01:17pm)
how often do you update your mocks out of curiosity i may start following updates

Once a week, usually on Tuesdays.
Gold: 15,760.66
Jan 18 2013 02:18pm
Quote (Randolph @ Jan 18 2013 03:17pm)
Once a week, usually on Tuesdays.

alright thanks man will start following along pretty good mocks
Gold: 3,188.00
Jan 18 2013 02:19pm
Diggin the second round pico of goulston , uavnt thought about that lol. Would be a nice replacment and addition to the dline
Gold: 14,000.00
Jan 18 2013 04:35pm
Quote (GangStarr @ Jan 18 2013 12:10pm)

Not that surprising about Jones. It's hard to justify spending a top5 pick on somebody with Spinal Stenosis. The weight room and not looking good in workouts I don't really care about. Some people are just naturally strong and don't need to constantly lift weights. We'll see his exact height and arm length here shortly when all the work outs start. He dominated the big boys of the SEC, so I'd find it hard to believe he'd have any trouble producing in the pros. I know it doesn't always translate, but dude was a monster on the field.

With the Gus Bradley hiring, I'll be curious to see if he'll bring the same Defensive concept over here and try to continue to have a big secondary here.

Cox is solid size, listed at 6'1 195lbs. Lowery would play the Earl Thomas role as the deep safety in their Cover-3. He's obviously not as good as Thomas (few are), but he would fit the role perfect in my opinion. He's a little bigger then Thomas is. Lowery is listed at 5'11 212 and Thomas is listed 5'10 202.

Landry would fit the role Chancellor plays. Kind of the underneath LB/8th man in the box role as SS. Can cover the flats and cover a TE when asked as well. He can also play in the Cover-2 as well, seeing as we played our share of it here. Landry isn't quite as big as Kam, he's listed at 6'1 212, which is surprising because he is bigger then that. Heavier for sure.

We need another big Corner though. Banks doesn't have the biggest body, but he's long and lengthy. Milliner definitely moved himself up a little ways in my books, after that NC game. Dude played lights out. However, #2 overall is still a little too high in my opinion. Rhodes would be an ideal match. He has it all, length, height, size.

If we could package some kind of a deal with say, St. Louis for their 2 1st round picks (#16 and #22), swap them with our #2 overall. I think something like that would be the best thing we could possibly do. We would be able to get a good Pass Rusher and good CB (or vice versa) with those 2 picks. Then maybe go after OL with our 2nd and 3rd round picks.
Gold: 0.27
Jan 18 2013 11:58pm
Quote (4killer7 @ Jan 18 2013 01:18pm)
alright thanks man will start following along pretty good mocks

Thank you. Looking into getting a site up and running with a buddy of mine. Kind of....not even kind of, totally a walterfootball knock off haha.

Quote (TeaRs- @ Jan 18 2013 01:19pm)
Diggin the second round pico of goulston , uavnt thought about that lol. Would be a nice replacment and addition to the dline

He's a solid player. Versatile and I like him as a 4-3 DT more than anything but that's just me personally.

Quote (Hako @ Jan 18 2013 03:35pm)
Not that surprising about Jones. It's hard to justify spending a top5 pick on somebody with Spinal Stenosis. The weight room and not looking good in workouts I don't really care about. Some people are just naturally strong and don't need to constantly lift weights. We'll see his exact height and arm length here shortly when all the work outs start. He dominated the big boys of the SEC, so I'd find it hard to believe he'd have any trouble producing in the pros. I know it doesn't always translate, but dude was a monster on the field.

With the Gus Bradley hiring, I'll be curious to see if he'll bring the same Defensive concept over here and try to continue to have a big secondary here.

Cox is solid size, listed at 6'1 195lbs. Lowery would play the Earl Thomas role as the deep safety in their Cover-3. He's obviously not as good as Thomas (few are), but he would fit the role perfect in my opinion. He's a little bigger then Thomas is. Lowery is listed at 5'11 212 and Thomas is listed 5'10 202.

Landry would fit the role Chancellor plays. Kind of the underneath LB/8th man in the box role as SS. Can cover the flats and cover a TE when asked as well. He can also play in the Cover-2 as well, seeing as we played our share of it here. Landry isn't quite as big as Kam, he's listed at 6'1 212, which is surprising because he is bigger then that. Heavier for sure.

We need another big Corner though. Banks doesn't have the biggest body, but he's long and lengthy. Milliner definitely moved himself up a little ways in my books, after that NC game. Dude played lights out. However, #2 overall is still a little too high in my opinion. Rhodes would be an ideal match. He has it all, length, height, size.

If we could package some kind of a deal with say, St. Louis for their 2 1st round picks (#16 and #22), swap them with our #2 overall. I think something like that would be the best thing we could possibly do. We would be able to get a good Pass Rusher and good CB (or vice versa) with those 2 picks. Then maybe go after OL with our 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Idk what the fuck I'm going to do now in next week's mock with Jones falling lol. I'd fucking LOVE him in AZ but I can't see him falling past Cleveland.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1678
Add Reply New Topic New Poll