d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > What Causes Transphobia?
Prev167891019Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,341.71
May 4 2017 03:57am
Quote (Knaapie @ May 4 2017 09:54pm)
Because it makes it easier to spot another lesbian.

Yet getting a green troll skin

I wonder if anyone here, not practicing a religion, thinks transsexualism is a mental disorder. I'm flabbergasted by the type of responses the subject has gotten so far.
We might have to send a few of you to Thailand to see how normal it can be.

im not a believer in any faith m8 end of day no matter what they think they are all they are is guys or gals with mutilated genitals or fucked up heads :s

This post was edited by jc3 on May 4 2017 04:00am
Gold: 48,242.00
May 4 2017 05:42am
Quote (Kiseki @ May 3 2017 04:45pm)
ive made some significant breakthroughs with my transphobic family in getting them to be more accepting of it but im wondering what causes the behavior in the first place?

how do we get the idiotic beliefs to go away? what makes people cling so harshly to a close minded belief?

Its not natural and many people believe it is caused by a mental issue (with good reason, not identifying with your biological sex is pretty far out when you think about it, especiallywhen you consider taaking hormones and surgery to become a gender that you feel more comfortable with)
Gold: 119,903.34
May 4 2017 06:18am
Quote (ssdrmstre @ May 4 2017 06:42am)
Its not natural and many people believe it is caused by a mental issue (with good reason, not identifying with your biological sex is pretty far out when you think about it, especiallywhen you consider taaking hormones and surgery to become a gender that you feel more comfortable with)

Sex is a description of human genitalia and other body type factors.

There's a reason it's called transgender and not transsex. Gender is socially constructed around certain physical characteristics and then you have emotions/hormones described through femininity and masculinity and it's societal constructed as well.

And even then , sex isn't even binary. There is intersex.

This isn't a binary issue. This isn't even new stuff, men expressing feminine traits or engaging in behavior that is construed as "female" centric has been happening since civilization happened. Rome and Greece had countless different themes of sexual culture and identification of gender within society. Other societies have the same similar situations.

This whole notion that sex or gender is binary doesn't make historical sense and doesn't make scientific sense.

This shit doesn't matter.

I mean even with women and men who identify as women and men , there are spectrum within those genders themselves.

Here are 2 men who identify as men. Yet these 2 are completely almost the complete opposite even though they are both men.

It's all a spectrum.

Quote (ofthevoid @ May 3 2017 11:14pm)
These people need mental health, not be sold lies that if they transition things will somehow be wonderful.

The suicide rate of transgender is more connected to the fact they are not socially accepted than your notions that they somehow have an illness.

The suicide rate of gays and lesbians has dropped as it has become more socially acceptable.

You just going to ignore this and not think it's the primary cause for the increased suicide rate for transgender as well?

This post was edited by sir_lance_bb on May 4 2017 06:21am
Gold: 260.11
May 4 2017 06:31am
Quote (ofthevoid @ May 3 2017 11:27pm)
Once again all focus on the societal pressure and none on the mental health.

There are only two genders the rest are genetic mutations that happen to less than 1% of the human population. Genetic abnormalities are common in pretty much all life, that doesn't mean that those abnormalities are a new classification. Look up some statistics on people that are born with the wrong chromosomes that make them be a "different gender". Many of those disorders leave people infertile, other health issues, and so on. I'v posted proof of this in the past, don't feel like digging it out now when i'm about to head to bed.

You are conflating gender and sex.
Gold: 1.50
May 4 2017 06:41am
Trans is the manifestation of abject sexual deviance.
It is a mental illness.

When your such a sick fuck the only way you can get your rocks off is to have them surgically removed. -_-
Gold: 2,489.69
May 4 2017 06:46am
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ May 4 2017 06:18am)

The suicide rate of transgender is more connected to the fact they are not socially accepted than your notions that they somehow have an illness.

The suicide rate of gays and lesbians has dropped as it has become more socially acceptable.

You just going to ignore this and not think it's the primary cause for the increased suicide rate for transgender as well?

:hail:

everytime i see someone post the suicide stats i cringe for this reason. its certainly a piece of the puzzle and can help in fixing problems but it's so often presented as more than it is. another factor is that those willing to go the route of gender reassignment surgery are also those "worst afflicted" with issues with their own identity, so a rise in suicide stats is disingenuous to suggest the surgery is the main cause of that increase.
May 4 2017 06:51am
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ May 4 2017 05:18am)
Sex is a description of human genitalia and other body type factors.

There's a reason it's called transgender and not transsex. Gender is socially constructed around certain physical characteristics and then you have emotions/hormones described through femininity and masculinity and it's societal constructed as well.

And even then , sex isn't even binary. There is intersex.

This isn't a binary issue. This isn't even new stuff, men expressing feminine traits or engaging in behavior that is construed as "female" centric has been happening since civilization happened. Rome and Greece had countless different themes of sexual culture and identification of gender within society. Other societies have the same similar situations.

This whole notion that sex or gender is binary doesn't make historical sense and doesn't make scientific sense.

This shit doesn't matter.

I mean even with women and men who identify as women and men , there are spectrum within those genders themselves.

Here are 2 men who identify as men. Yet these 2 are completely almost the complete opposite even though they are both men.

It's all a spectrum.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/08/54/5e/08545eafdc30b314c7bfaeb4971f973f.jpg

https://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/scale_small/0/8281/893966-244.dick.andy.101606.jpg

Gender corresponds to sex, which is binary naturally. Those guys looking different doesnt make him less of a male wtf.

Do you liberals honestly believe people can wake up and be goats bec2ayse they feel like a goat that morning? If you dont then you cant live your life forcing people around you to believe your are the opposite sex, since it is simply not the reality.

Hermaphrodites and a few other examples of "naturally" produced spectrum genders were produced by errors during development, you giys realize this right? By comparing transexuals to them and grouping them into some weird "spectrum" group makes it seem like you guys are suggesting that trans people also have a developmental (albeit mental) error
May 4 2017 06:53am
Quote (ssdrmstre @ May 4 2017 06:51am)
Gender corresponds to sex, which is binary naturally. Those guys looking different doesnt make him less of a male wtf.

do you have any anthropological education in your history?
May 4 2017 07:02am
Quote (thesnipa @ May 4 2017 05:53am)
do you have any anthropological education in your history?

How is it wrong to view gender as corresponding to sex? Logically it makes a lot of sense as there are two sexes that produce different levels of hormones that generally make you act a certain way. Variability in how much it makes you act a certain way isnt grounds to call yourself aome abstract gender some liberal dreamt up while getting offended on someone elses behalf.

But no, i didnt take any anthropology classes at uni because i was taking classes i thought were more worthwhile. Please enlighten me.
May 4 2017 07:06am
Quote (ssdrmstre @ May 4 2017 07:02am)
How is it wrong to view gender as corresponding to sex? Logically it makes a lot of sense as there are two sexes that produce different levels of hormones that generally make you act a certain way. Variability in how much it makes you act a certain way isnt grounds to call yourself aome abstract gender some liberal dreamt up while getting offended on someone elses behalf.

But no, i didnt take any anthropology classes at uni because i was taking classes i thought were more worthwhile. Please enlighten me.

i think from reading your post here that your correlation between hormones and how the two sexes typically act is overstated, and likely due to your perspective. many cultures across history and even across the globe have the same more or less hormonal balance we have but drastically different gender roles and different sexual identities, suggesting culture plays a larger role than i think you're allowing for.

I learned that in Anthropology classes in college, as i was finishing up my undergrad pre-law, because understanding human history and human nature can bear fruit for more than just SJWs and helps us understand what is due to perspective and what is actually hardwired into our behaviors as humans. Philosophy is another subject i found helpful even though it didnt directly correspond to my major.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev167891019Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll