d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > The Standard Of Hereos
12325Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 258.00
Aug 4 2005 12:12pm
Ok, lets face it, this place and almost every forum there are is beeing flooded with questions, theorys, "facts" and flames about the Standard of Hereos. A little thing, that was introduced to Diablo II with the 1.11 patch. This is the official thread about this little thing, were we will try to reveal the mystery behind this charm/gem/thing.

The rules for posting in this thread follows;
  • Do not spam this thread. (Credits to the writer does not count as spam. wink.gif)
  • If you dont have anything usefull to add to the discussion, dont post.
  • If your intentions with posting is just to tell someone else that their theory is wrong, bring proof, do not come with false accusations.

First of all, lets go through what this thing is, what it looks like and how you get it.
The thing is dropped along with the Hellfire torch when you kill the uber-bosses as explained in this thread and it looks like this.

Now, i will go through all the theorys that i have heard about the charm, here we go!
  • That it is just a souvenir.

Lots of people are arguing that the Standard of Heroes is just a souvenir, something you can show your friends to prove that you have been able to kill the Uber-Bosses. This is almost verified to be the official use of the thing by a Blizzard moderator in a thread on the Battle.net forums (someone please link me to this thread). But in the same thread, he gave a clue that it "isnt the only thing that the Standard of Hereos" does.
  • That you can use the Standard of Hereos with a cube receipe

Some people are spreading a rumor(?) that it is possible to cube the thing, this is a possibilty, but these recipeis are verified NOT working;
  • To cube it with 3,6,9 or 12 Standard of Hereos.
  • To cube it with Wirt's Leg.
  • To cube it with Scroll or Tome of town portal.
  • To cube it together with either body parts or the keys.
  • To cube it together with the Hellfire torch.
Some people say that you can have it in the cube when making a runeword, that way making an "Hero" runeword. This seems like a rumor, but hasnt been verified false.
  • That you get any bonuses when having the Standard of Hereos in inventory.

It has been verified that you dont get any bonuses to any stats that can be looked up at this stage, it may be true that it adds to Magic Find or Gold find. But this doesnt seem especially truly.
  • That it can be used to open new areas.

One member on the Battle.net forums, clan_iraq, said in this thread that you can via "a special way" use 40 Standard of Hereos to open a new area where you can fight the Evil-Tyrael wich dropps an super elite small charm. This has been verified fake, since the screenshots is quite badly photoshopped. But that does not stop the rumors of going around.
  • That it has something to do with the mysetious Gem.

There are several versions of this theory, but nothing has been confirmed.
  • That it can be socketed in items.

This has been verified false, this cant be done.
  • That it can be sold to an NPC (ie Malah, Jamella, Cain etc.)

This has been verified false, this cant be done.
  • That it can be personalised.

This has also been verified false, this can not be done.

Thats all theorys i can think of at the moment, but i will update this thread all the time as long as i get new information or can find new theorys about the thing. From now on, all discussions, thougts, theorys or questions about the Standard of Hereos shall be done in this thread.

Written by Glimjaur(ph34r.gif), thanks to everyone on these forums, the Battle.net forums, #d2jsp and #d2jsp-euro that helped me gather this information.

This post was edited by Glimjaur on Aug 4 2005 12:33pm
Gold: 0.01
Warn: 10%
Aug 4 2005 12:45pm
Since you want this Official thread.. here's another theory for you : (also posted this in another topic about SoH)

well what I see when Entering Funarce of Pain is that their is some kind of portal behind the red portal.. It also appears on the map.. somehow the portal cant be entered.. just like matren's den.. theirs always a stairway close to the red portal (at least in my experience) maybe SoH got to do something with that.. dont know about forgotten sands but looks like some kind of wp were you enter..

Also the colours change.. When your in Funarce of Pain, I mean the background colours when your hovering your mouse over an item.. in town the background colour should be green.. but in Funarce of Pain its red.. In the other special areas it's maybe different or maybe the same.. didnt check the others yet.. maybe that got to do with something to
Retired Moderator
Gold: 14.27
Trader: Trusted
Aug 4 2005 12:50pm

One member on the Battle.net forums, clan_iraq, said in this thread that you can via "a special way" use 40 Standard of Hereos to open a new area where you can fight the Evil-Tyrael wich dropps an super elite small charm. This has been verified fake, since the screenshots is quite badly photoshopped. But that does not stop the rumors of going around.

It is 100% false, and to add to the proof : I did check the data in the mpq file and there is no trace of any other area than the known 4 new ones. There is also no trace of Uber Tyrael in the monsters list.
Gold: 3.86
Aug 4 2005 12:57pm
well sumthing iraw said got me thinking. in WC3 it is used as a rally point for troops. maybe if you drop one or more in a certain designated spot, somemone or something will come.

i have no ideas as to where to drop them or who would actually come, but its just a thought.
Gold: 198.00
Aug 4 2005 03:01pm
im pretty sure it is only a throopy.

btw listen that: i've heard when u have many in your inventory, kill the ubers in tristram become easier!

A friend have tried, mephisto baal and diablo didnt rep their life when we come back in town to heal..

You can try your self..

*OmE.
Gold: 404.00
Aug 4 2005 03:19pm
ive heard a few people find that putting soh in your inventory gives you better chances of finding keys.

i find it doesnt, and its all probabilities and odds that factor in when finding keys

but who knows, maybe it really does.

cheers
Banned
Gold: 0.50
Warn: 50%
Aug 4 2005 03:29pm
checked the mpq, it has no use.
Gold: 258.00
Aug 4 2005 06:05pm
Quote (i_was_just_punching_ice @ Aug 4 2005, 09:29 PM)
checked the mpq, it has no use.

Give us proof, quote from the .mpq that points in that direction please. smile.gif

Quote (IceBullet87)

ive heard a few people find that putting soh in your inventory gives you better chances of finding keys.

i find it doesnt, and its all probabilities and odds that factor in when finding keys

but who knows, maybe it really does.

cheers

Well, this would not be able to be verified if someone didnt do a diagram showing the effects of adding X amount of SoH's to inventory.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 4 2005 06:31pm
ok it took a while but i found the posts u where wondering for.
http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?f...p=1#post1077430

they are on this page, but if ur lazy and don't want to sort threw 20 posts here are the 2 different posts word for word

first post he made about it

MicahW 

Blizzard Poster

5. Re: OFFICIAL: found out what the standard doe | 8/3/2005 4:05:22 PM MDT           

The Standard of Heroes is a trophy that signifies you have defeated the Über Prime Evils. 

a post by another memeber
clan_iraq 

Level:  20 Solo
Gateway:  Azeroth 
  13. Re: OFFICIAL: found out what the standard doe | 8/3/2005 4:10:10 PM MDT           

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q u o t e:
Why'd you have to kill Iraq's thread by saying that? =( All that people fell for it was entertaining. =\
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He never said thats all it does.
حول, الشيخ الإحراق غطى بالرمل ‭‫‬‮‪‎‭‫‬‮‪‎ 

and here the mother fucker is, which pretty much means that the SOH is not just a damn piece of shit price
every one look closely, he high lighted the word ALL

MicahW 

Blizzard Poster

14. Re: OFFICIAL: found out what the standard doe | 8/3/2005 4:10:57 PM MDT           

Q u o t e:
He never said thats all it does.

/signed 

This post was edited by whites_fires on Aug 4 2005 06:35pm
Gold: 188.00
Aug 4 2005 10:04pm
check out this site, maybe fake maybe true?

http://web1340.nh3.needhost.dk/dd2hc/forum...c.php?4.10725.0
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
12325Next
Closed New Topic New Poll