d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Mischa's 1.11 Gf/pvm/mf Barb Guide > The secret to massive gold
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,649.90
Dec 25 2006 12:57pm
Hello Mates!

This guide is written on 1st Christmas day, 2006.

In this guide I will show you my barb, what you can do with him, how to build him etcetera. This barb is mainly my gold barb, but I also use this barb when Im bored and just want to play the game. He can kill any monster in the game, is very fun to play and gets massive gold. I have alot of stash / switch gear to fit him in any situation. The secret of getting alot of gold is NOT having lots of extra gold find, but having killing power. Gold find does NOT make drop more gold, but just multiplies the gold that drops. I kill the travi myself, and I dont need to leap around and let the lame merc kill everything. I ofcourse use a merc, but thats only for his curse and aura. Well, I will start out with his gear. I will list alot of stash gear, and Im not saying you have to use this. This is mainly a fun char, so try on alot and just find your own setup. I listed my setup and feel free to make any changes.

Gear
Helm
Crown of Thieves. This is my main helm when gfing. It has life leech and eg. I socketed it with Cham for the channot be frozen.
Stash helm: Arreats: I mostly wear this one when im pvming

Armor
Forti AP: This is a nice one. Fcr, res, life, and ofcourse 300 ed. Very nice armor for barbs.
Stash armors:
Wealth (I use this when im in a cow game and just walk around horking corpsess
Enigma: Teleport. I dont use this one much but I have it in stash anyways.

Weapon
Eth BotD Colossus Blade: Yep. Massive damage, ias, poison and it looks damn cool.
Switch: 2x 6lem crystal swords, 2x ist ist ali when mfing, 2x bo spears when PvMing
Stash: above

Shield:
None. For main GFing I dont wear a shield, because It looks cool to wave a big blade around with two hands.
Stash: I have a Phoenix Monarch in stash. I use this when Im chaos running, redemption + nice ed, really nice.

Gloves:
Chance guards, 200gf, mf, gg.
Stash: Dracs, life tap smile.gif

Belt:
65 eg belt with other mods, or just a goldwrap.
Stash: I dont have a stash belt but you could use verdungo

Rings:
Dwarf stars. Gold + fire abs
Stash: angelix

Amulet
Gf + other mods. I use 58% gf 7ll 3ml amu.
Stash: Angelix, metalgrid.. just your choice.

Boots:
80% gf boots
Stash: Gore Riders

Inventory:
Torch+Anni ofcourse
GF charms when GFing
For pvm: dmg/ar/life, skillers or just gf charms.

Mercenary:
My merc is not for killing but just for his aura. And sometimes Curse. Im not panic-ing when my merc dies, I do fine without him. He just speeds tings up a little bit. But hey, youre a damn gold find barb so just revive him in next game.
Act 2 nightmare offensive (Might aura)

Weapon: Reapers Toll (may be eth). Decri rocks.
Armor: Coh.
Helm: Crown of Thieves or Andy's socketed with "ral" to counter fire res.

Stats:
Strength: Because I switch around alot with gear, I overdid on str. This is a fun char, I dont care about 100 life more or less.
Dex: just for items, you wont be wearing a shield mainly so no block.
Vit: Rest
Energy: feel free to add but I can advice to dont.

Skills:

Combat tree:
Max whirlwind
1 point in berserk

Warcries:
Max Battle Orders
1 point in Howl, Taunt, Battle Cry, War Cry, Battle Command
Add points in Find Item untill you have 50% chance of finding. More is quite pointless

Combat Masteries:
Max Sword Mastery
1 Point in Stamina, Speed, Resistance, Iron Skin

Rest of the points go into War Cry

Strategies

Gold Hunting
Well my main GF strategy is to go to Frigid Highlands and cast the war cries. Then march up to eldrith, cast war cry (stuns them), battle cry (weakens them), war cry again and ww around. Eldrith can drop many items and when you got him down, Merc's aura is most of the time triggered. Go to travi, bo again and start wwing like a madman. If you want your merc to help with killing, enter the durance 1 first, and then go up again. Then your merc will be beside you again and you're good to go. Cast war cry and battle cry when you can and just pwn the crap out of them. Then switch to GF weapons and Find Item. Rinse and Repeat

Chaosing
You could do private chaos runs or join pub dia runs. But I dont advice to host a dia run because when you're in a full game with only leechers, you'll die. Take out your phoenix and just ww around. When IM'd use berserk. I also like to take out my weaps and find item around, you'll find g00d st00fs. Remember your War and Battle Cry.

Baal Running
You can't host a baalrun. But you can make yourself very helpful in a baalrun. Start with buffing up everyone with your war cries. And there are more uses. Stand before baal's throne and cast war cry when the wave comes. All monsters will be stunned and you can ww around. This is very helpful for hammerdins or javazons because the monsters will stay at their place. I wish there were more barbs like this around, because I'd love to have one in my baalruns ohmy.gif

Last Words
Well that about wraps it up,you can always ask any questions you like and you can always PM me about anything.

Thanks to:
Myself: Best friend I have and hes always there for me. wink.gif
Badboydegekste: Just my best m8 smile.gif

This post was edited by Mischa on Dec 25 2006 12:59pm
Gold: 0.70
Warn: 30%
Dec 25 2006 01:34pm
haha nice man smile.gif hope U will find ur 3 sock 30 frw diadem perf def soon xD
Dec 25 2006 03:07pm
Quote (BadBoyDeGekste @ Mon, Dec 25 2006, 07:34pm)
haha nice man smile.gif hope U will find ur 3 sock 30 frw diadem perf def soon xD

Dont worry I will m8 tongue.gif
Gold: 0.00
Dec 25 2006 03:16pm
isnt it better to use grief pb along with botd cb?

ps: reapers toll sucks coz the cold dmg lets them break when theyre frozen
Dec 25 2006 03:36pm
Quote (mephistopheles @ Mon, Dec 25 2006, 09:16pm)

ps: reapers toll sucks coz the cold dmg lets thedm break when theyre frozen

Yeah you could grief PB but I just like the look of that big ass sword ^^

Nah the reapers toll doesnt take that much body.. Decri > 1 frozen body out of 100
Dec 26 2006 06:54am
bump
Dec 26 2006 11:29am
Quote (Mischa @ Tue, Dec 26 2006, 12:54pm)
bump

i want some comments ppl!
Dec 27 2006 06:40am
Quote (Mischa @ Tue, Dec 26 2006, 05:29pm)
bump

Dec 28 2006 08:27am
Quote (Mischa @ Wed, Dec 27 2006, 12:40pm)
Quote (Mischa @ Tue, Dec 26 2006, 05:29pm)
bump

Retired Moderator
Gold: 12,506.01
Trader: Trusted
Dec 29 2006 09:49am
Quote (Mischa @ Mon, 25 Dec 2006, 22:36)
Quote (mephistopheles @ Mon, Dec 25 2006, 09:16pm)

ps: reapers toll sucks coz the cold dmg lets thedm break when theyre frozen

Yeah you could grief PB but I just like the look of that big ass sword ^^

Nah the reapers toll doesnt take that much body.. Decri > 1 frozen body out of 100

It's more like 1 shattered body out of 10, but I agree, decri (= more damage and slowed enemies) > 5-6% of your gold found

I also use reaper
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll