d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Smiter Pally Build To Kill Dclone
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 27 2005 10:17am
Here is my Smiter setup I use. This is on ladder, and I prefer to use the new rw's to make this char kick ass.

Equipment

Gloves
Good
Dracul's Grasp - 15 str/25% open wounds/chance to cast life tap
Better
Crafted - 20 ias/10% crushing blow/str/res

Helm
Good
Shako or Coa - ber/ber or 2 rare jewels that do ed to demons icon_pointl.gif haven't tried yet, but would prob work
Better
Guilaume's face - 30% fhr/15% ds/35% crushing blow/15 str

Armor
Good
Coh/Guardian Angel
Better
Fortitude - 300%enhanced damage, need I say more? Note: I don't think the ed will show the damage going up on the char screen.

Shield
Good
Eth Exile Vortex - ed/aura/+2 skill
Better
Phoenix vortex - ed/fire absorb

Weapon
Good
Last wish - if you want 60-70 cb/might aura/ignore target def/hit blinds target or Asterons
Better
Grief - the +340-400 damage adds to smite damage. If a weapon has ed, it does not add to the smite damage.

Ammy
Good
Highlords - +1/20ias/0-37 deadly strike or Seraph for 20-50%damage to demons and +2 skills/+2 def auras
Better
Mara - +2/res/stats

Rings
Must
Raven - 20 dex/cannot be frozen/cold absorb
Optional
Bul Kathos life or for absorb Dwarf or Wisp

Boots
Good
War Travs - 10str/10vit/15-25damage icon_pointl.gif this adds just like grief
Better
Goreriders - 10ow/15cb/15ds

Belt
Good
Tgods - absorb Nos Coil - 10ias/15str/slow target
Better
Verdungos - fhr/vit/dr

Items on Switch
Cta and Spirit

Inventory
10 x pally combat gc's 2nd mods not needed
9 x 3/20/20's or as close as u can get or 5 all res sc's
1 x anni

Merc - A5
Eth Fort
EBOTD CB
Dream eth bv or high def helm or eth Andy's or eth Gaze

I'm not sure how well this would work but maybe creating an aura merc? Any idea's on this?

Stats
Strength - Enough to use Vortex with other items equipped which is 148 str
Dexterity - Some ppl prefer to get max block, some don't
Vitality - All remaining pts go in here My smiter has 3k life with bo
Energy - Don't waste a single point here

Skills
max fant
max smite
max holy shield
max defiance
remaining pts put wherever the hell u want

Highest possible crushing blow for this char (if I can add correctly) is 130%(with perf Last wish). My life on pally with bo is 3k, smite doesn't really use much mana so that's not an issue, resists are maxed, or very very close. This char if built correctly it can and will own Dclone in a matter of seconds.

There really isn't a strategy to killing DC, just run right up and start smiting. He'll die in less than 20 seconds.

If you have any suggestions please feel free to post here.
Gold: 2,609.00
May 27 2005 10:33am
for fastest clone killing u need 2xber heaven's light guilames + gores, rest is whatever u want happy.gif
May 30 2005 09:24am
wille - not on ladder. The 350+ damage added from grief is much much better than the cb you get from the ber runes.
Gold: 2,089.00
Jun 12 2005 01:42pm
how can u pick up the anni from dc when u use anni by yourself? tongue.gif
Gold: 220.41
Jun 12 2005 09:50pm
how can u pick up the anni from dc when u use anni by yourself? 

Come back into the game with a Hell rushed Muled or other character.
You gonna use this for Pvp at all or just clone.
resists are maxed, or very very close.

Make sure Light and Fire are maxed and have + max res stuff if you can. (Ie +5 Light from Fort)
You need to make sure you have either Dracs or Exile so you get lifetap, don't use the crafted and Pheonix.
Go, Crafted Gloves, Guilumes, Fortitude, Vortex Exile, Grief BA with 36+IAS, Raven, Bk (could subsitute a Dwarf is your hurting), Maras, Dungos ( or Tgods if your hurting), charms look good, use 5res/20Life instead of 3/20/20's.
Skills look good, don't need to put anymore pts for clone killing.
Jun 12 2005 10:24pm
i hate to do this, but to punch a few holes in your build...

a) the ias on the gloves/belt... doesnt matter at all, smite is based on base speed of weapon + ias on weapon + arua... thats it
cool.gif ed on armor/sheild/anything do not help smite at all- +dmg does, ed doesnt
c) if your using this smiter to kill dclone, dracs/exile is a must, you need one of them... life tap makes it so much easyer =)
Jun 12 2005 10:52pm
lol ya im pretty sure u dont want an anni in ur inventory
Jun 17 2005 07:03pm
QUOTE (Dying2Live @ Jun 12 2005, 09:50 PM)

You need to make sure you have either Dracs or Exile so you get lifetap, don't use the crafted and Pheonix.
Go, Crafted Gloves, Guilumes, Fortitude, Vortex Exile, Grief BA with 36+IAS, Raven, Bk (could subsitute a Dwarf is your hurting), Maras, Dungos ( or Tgods if your hurting), charms look good, use 5res/20Life instead of 3/20/20's.
Skills look good, don't need to put anymore pts for clone killing.

you don't need drac's or exile, trust me on this, dc will die in 20-30 secs. Personally I like phoenix, it works great for me. also 5/20's are tough to get on ladder, and you miss out on the 3max/20 life (ar doesn't matter)

chr_mike - no offence but you don't know what you're talking about. The ED ON ARMOR/others ADDS TO SMITE DAMAGE!!! I have said it before it does not show up on the char screen, buy you will notice a huge diff in the damage the monster takes.

Also I have a couple cdkeys that's why I keep an anni in my inv. if you don't have an anni in your inv, you'll have to invest a lot of pts that could be added to your life and keep your char alive.

I don't care about life tap. At the most I'll use 1 potion while killing dc. If you don't believe me, make a char on open, and use this equip. You'll see why I use the items I use.
Gold: 381.00
Jul 1 2005 07:55am
War Travs - 10str/10vit/15-25damage  this adds just like grief

only+dmg(one #) not a range of numbers helps smite so travs dont help smite

and ds doesnt work with smite

This post was edited by built2burn on Jul 1 2005 08:09am
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Jul 1 2005 05:40pm
ahahaha does that even work and if so nice job but the only dcloner for me is a hammerdin
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll