d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Hidden Skill Stats 1.0
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 300.00
Aug 23 2009 04:17pm
up
Gold: 3.69
Aug 23 2009 09:43pm
Very useful, tracking topic forever. Thanks :)
Gold: 354.00
Aug 24 2009 01:36am
I think you have omitted some useful things:

barbarian:
-there is a hidden critical strike bonus - 1% per each level of weapon mastery. So 20% at level 20 mastery. This means x% chance of double damage. Please note that critical chance does not stack with deadly striker. If a hit is considered a "critical", it cannot be "deadly" (and the opposite; deadly strike is checked first as far as I know)
-in CLASSIC diablo (aka diablo without LOD), whirlwind always hits the fastest attack speed regardless what weapon you use - so use martels!
-leap attack - you ahve to "touch the monster" to hit it e.g. if you jump from far away and the monster goes away you will miss. In patch 1.00 barbs would always hit, even if the monster was 10m away (imagine the duels..)

assasin:
-IM not 100% sure, but I think claw mastery has a hidden 1% bonus to critical strike, just like the barb masteries
-shadow master tends to cast mind blast more often, if you have 2 HARD points into mind blast (not +skill points, but two real points)
-blade fury - on strike attirbutes (e.g. chance to cast frozen orb) work with it!

palladin:
-hammerdins - in LOD, hammerdins get only 50% from concentration, in classic they get 100%, this was made to nerf the LOD hammerdins (they are powerful even after the nerf!)
-conversion - converted monsters have 1 hp after being "unconverted"
-holy shield - in CLASSIC (aka no LOD) - the chance of getting this skill on a weapon is incredibly low, Im not sure, but only few +1 holy shield weapons have been found and NO +2pala +3 holy shield so far
-prayer - is the only aura that actually drains mana (it would be imbalanced at lower levels?)
-cleansing and meditation do not use up mana, but have synergised prayer (level 12 LLD healer/smiter anyone?). If you have an item which gives +skills to prayer, they WORK when you use cleansing/meditaiton (e.g. +2/+3 prayer scepter)
-smite does not carry elemental damage, does not leech life or mana (unless with life tap), does not carry deadly strike (from highlord's). It carries open wounds and crushing blow
-fist of heavens - is not affected by faster cast rate. you can speed it up a small bit with IAS gear
-sanctuary - is bugged. It does not affect YOUR damage. "the +% Damage to Undead works, but it doesn't apply to you, it applies to the monsters. In other words, when you turn on Sanctuary, every monster within range gets several thousand points of ED% vs. Undead. Just be glad you're not undead". The aura is basically given to the enemies, gladly players are not considered undead.
-Charge - you can get stuck while charging, this is probably caused by your holy shield wearing down, or some other unknown reason. To get unstuck unequip your weapon or use switch.

amazon:
-valkirie - she can spawn fire/cold/lightning immune. At high levels (26+?) she can spawn immune to TWO elements (you can make a lame valkazon with +skills and stand in town while the sorcs try to kill it).
-valkirie receives random "gear" every time it is spawned. At level 17 she receives a random lance, which can really increase her damage. Otherwise, stay with level 7(?), when she receives a lance
-fend skill is completely bugged. It works like zeal aka you hit up to 5 monsters. Unfortunately, if you are hit by any monster, while attacking and you have at least 1 point into dodge/evade/avoid - which can trigger, you will miss. In fact all 5 hits will miss. Im not 100% sure, but also if the first hit misses, remaining 4 hits will always miss too.
-Impale is retarded, it gives great damage, but the attacks are very, very slow even with IAS gear. Have you seen the valkirie attack speed? It is even slower...
-the AR bonus of frozen arrows is bugged and does not work
-mutliple shot - only the middle two arrows can carry open wounds and crushing blow (not sure about elemental attacks)
-pierce - in 1.09 a monster could be pierced and knocked back few times, now it has been patched, but you can still see the animation sometimes
-strafe - this needs to be investigated, but if you shoot at a single monster at more than 2frames per attack, every third attack you will miss

necromancer:
-some monsters have crushing blow (e.g. the minions of infector) and they possess this skill after you revive them
-cold immune monsters remain immune
-you can teleport-stack your minions making you hard to hit, and cold immune (if you have cold immune monsters)
-bone armor - bone prison gives more life to bone armor, than bone armor itself
-clay golems slow down the enemies they hit by 25%
-iron golems retain the charcteristics of the items you use to make them, e.g. a golem made from insight will have the aura! In LOD they also follow you from game to game, so in theory a hardcore necro could make a golem from a BOTD.
-attract is technically not a curse, but an AI flag telling the monsters to "attack X" (with X being a monster). An 'attracted' monster can be cursed with something else, yet other monsters will still chase it

sorceress:
-inferno is bugged and deals only 1/3 of the damage displayed. This is caused by some complicated bugs in the game engine. For some reason blizzard refuses to increase the damage by 3 (same applies to druid's arctic blast)
-enchant - if you enchant yourself, the fire mastery bonus is applied twice (actually on striking). Some people consider this a bug, but it is a feature made in order to improve enchant sorcs.
-chilling armor has a chance to block some ranged attacks
-static - in LOD, static works only up to the first 50% of the monster's life. In classic there is no such limit, a static sorc can static uber diablo (who can spawn in classic too) to very low life quickly

druid:
-arctic blast is bugged and deals only 1/3 of the damage displayed. This is caused by some complicated bugs in the game engine. For some reason blizzard refuses to increase the damage by 3 (same applies to sorc's inferno)
-the range of "mats" spawned by the solar creeper increases by each point
-ravens have a chance to blind the enemies

all classes:
-each 100 points into vita affects the number of hit points healed by a pot. E.g. if you have 400 points into vita, the red potion will heal 4x more life. If you have 350 - 3x.And so on.
-every character has the unsummon skill, which technically could not be used by some, untill blizzard introduced tomb reaver. This skill was designed in 1.00
-thawning potions give you +10% resistance per ~10 seconds. It can be increased by each potion drank (e.g. 20 potions = 200 seconds)
-

mercenary:
-act 3 mercenaries do not block at all. They have the shield, but it only increases their defense
-mercenaries do not receive any bonuses from +vitality items. They do not have vitality.
-act 1 mercenaries cannot use amazon class weapons (aka faith GMB), because they are not amazons - they are rogues
-barb mercenaries regenerate in ~18 seconds, other mercs in ~40
-mercenaries gain 2x the exp, if they kill the monsters themselves. They earn the exp you earn.. but they dont get any exp if other players kill the monsters

I wrote a lot here, I hope you will include my name if you decide to repost this topic. I am poor and need donations too - noone has ever donated for me : /

This post was edited by dropship on Aug 24 2009 01:48am
Gold: 6,351.00
Aug 24 2009 02:55am
Useful, but sounds equal to several other topics here...
its mostly a 1:1 copy ;)
Gold: 10.47
Aug 24 2009 03:40am
shadow master will cast mb more often for every 2 pts put in. so at lvl 20 it will spam it alot more vs like a 10pt mb.

for foh being sped up. im not sure on that ias part... cause theres always a 1 second delay, hence fcr will make u do ur cast animation faster, but the attack still takes 1 sec...so i dont know what ias will do to help that.

and u can still find holyshield on scepter in lod as well, just the chances are just so low that u think u cant haha.
Aug 24 2009 10:31am
Quote (dropship @ Mon, Aug 24 2009, 02:36am)
I think you have omitted some useful things:

barbarian:
-there is a hidden critical strike bonus - 1% per each level of weapon mastery. So 20% at level 20 mastery. This means x% chance of double damage. Please note that critical chance does not stack with deadly striker. If a hit is considered a "critical", it cannot be "deadly" (and the opposite; deadly strike is checked first as far as I know)
-in CLASSIC diablo (aka diablo without LOD), whirlwind always hits the fastest attack speed regardless what weapon you use - so use martels!
-leap attack - you ahve to "touch the monster" to hit it e.g. if you jump from far away and the monster goes away you will miss. In patch 1.00 barbs would always hit, even if the monster was 10m away (imagine the duels..)

assasin:
-IM not 100% sure, but I think claw mastery has a hidden 1% bonus to critical strike, just like the barb masteries
-shadow master tends to cast mind blast more often, if you have 2 HARD points into mind blast (not +skill points, but two real points)
-blade fury - on strike attirbutes (e.g. chance to cast frozen orb) work with it!

palladin:
-hammerdins - in LOD, hammerdins get only 50% from concentration, in classic they get 100%, this was made to nerf the LOD hammerdins (they are powerful even after the nerf!)
-conversion - converted monsters have 1 hp after being "unconverted"
-holy shield - in CLASSIC (aka no LOD) - the chance of getting this skill on a weapon is incredibly low, Im not sure, but only few +1 holy shield weapons have been found and NO +2pala +3 holy shield so far
-prayer - is the only aura that actually drains mana (it would be imbalanced at lower levels?)
-cleansing and meditation do not use up mana, but have synergised prayer (level 12 LLD healer/smiter anyone?). If you have an item which gives +skills to prayer, they WORK when you use cleansing/meditaiton (e.g. +2/+3 prayer scepter)
-smite does not carry elemental damage, does not leech life or mana (unless with life tap), does not carry deadly strike (from highlord's). It carries open wounds and crushing blow
-fist of heavens - is not affected by faster cast rate. you can speed it up a small bit with IAS gear
-sanctuary - is bugged. It does not affect YOUR damage. "the +% Damage to Undead works, but it doesn't apply to you, it applies to the monsters. In other words, when you turn on Sanctuary, every monster within range gets several thousand points of ED% vs. Undead. Just be glad you're not undead". The aura is basically given to the enemies, gladly players are not considered undead.
-Charge - you can get stuck while charging, this is probably caused by your holy shield wearing down, or some other unknown reason. To get unstuck unequip your weapon or use switch.

amazon:
-valkirie - she can spawn fire/cold/lightning immune. At high levels (26+?) she can spawn immune to TWO elements (you can make a lame valkazon with +skills and stand in town while the sorcs try to kill it).
-valkirie receives random "gear" every time it is spawned. At level 17 she receives a random lance, which can really increase her damage. Otherwise, stay with level 7(?), when she receives a lance
-fend skill is completely bugged. It works like zeal aka you hit up to 5 monsters. Unfortunately, if you are hit by any monster, while attacking and you have at least 1 point into dodge/evade/avoid - which can trigger, you will miss. In fact all 5 hits will miss. Im not 100% sure, but also if the first hit misses, remaining 4 hits will always miss too.
-Impale is retarded, it gives great damage, but the attacks are very, very slow even with IAS gear. Have you seen the valkirie attack speed? It is even slower...
-the AR bonus of frozen arrows is bugged and does not work
-mutliple shot - only the middle two arrows can carry open wounds and crushing blow (not sure about elemental attacks)
-pierce - in 1.09 a monster could be pierced and knocked back few times, now it has been patched, but you can still see the animation sometimes
-strafe - this needs to be investigated, but if you shoot at a single monster at more than 2frames per attack, every third attack you will miss

necromancer:
-some monsters have crushing blow (e.g. the minions of infector) and they possess this skill after you revive them
-cold immune monsters remain immune
-you can teleport-stack your minions making you hard to hit, and cold immune (if you have cold immune monsters)
-bone armor - bone prison gives more life to bone armor, than bone armor itself
-clay golems slow down the enemies they hit by 25%
-iron golems retain the charcteristics of the items you use to make them, e.g. a golem made from insight will have the aura! In LOD they also follow you from game to game, so in theory a hardcore necro could make a golem from a BOTD.
-attract is technically not a curse, but an AI flag telling the monsters to "attack X" (with X being a monster). An 'attracted' monster can be cursed with something else, yet other monsters will still chase it

sorceress:
-inferno is bugged and deals only 1/3 of the damage displayed. This is caused by some complicated bugs in the game engine. For some reason blizzard refuses to increase the damage by 3 (same applies to druid's arctic blast)
-enchant - if you enchant yourself, the fire mastery bonus is applied twice (actually on striking). Some people consider this a bug, but it is a feature made in order to improve enchant sorcs.
-chilling armor has a chance to block some ranged attacks
-static - in LOD, static works only up to the first 50% of the monster's life. In classic there is no such limit, a static sorc can static uber diablo (who can spawn in classic too) to very low life quickly

druid:
-arctic blast is bugged and deals only 1/3 of the damage displayed. This is caused by some complicated bugs in the game engine. For some reason blizzard refuses to increase the damage by 3 (same applies to sorc's inferno)
-the range of "mats" spawned by the solar creeper increases by each point
-ravens have a chance to blind the enemies

all classes:
-each 100 points into vita affects the number of hit points healed by a pot. E.g. if you have 400 points into vita, the red potion will heal 4x more life. If you have 350 - 3x.And so on.
-every character has the unsummon skill, which technically could not be used by some, untill blizzard introduced tomb reaver. This skill was designed in 1.00
-thawning potions give you +10% resistance per ~10 seconds. It can be increased by each potion drank (e.g. 20 potions = 200 seconds)
-

mercenary:
-act 3 mercenaries do not block at all. They have the shield, but it only increases their defense
-mercenaries do not receive any bonuses from +vitality items. They do not have vitality.
-act 1 mercenaries cannot use amazon class weapons (aka faith GMB), because they are not amazons - they are rogues
-barb mercenaries regenerate in ~18 seconds, other mercs in ~40
-mercenaries gain 2x the exp, if they kill the monsters themselves. They earn the exp you earn.. but they dont get any exp if other players kill the monsters

I wrote a lot here, I hope you will include my name if you decide to repost this topic. I am poor and need donations too - noone has ever donated for me : /

Most of this is common sense or the skills tell you.
Classic stuff will not be added in here. I've already seen soem sort of guide for stuff on classic like that, and most people that play classic know it already.
Shadow Master will always cast skills that have 2+ points. This is common sense.
Conversion is wrong.
Prayer is useless.
Cleansing & Meditation is common sense.
There is a guide soley for what smite uses / doesn't use.So I didn't add in anything.
I will add in about the Sanctuary ( gotta test the coding first )
Charge is common sense. And it's happened to everybody.
Fend is exactly like zeal. Just a bit converted.
Everybody who's played a zon knows impale is slow.

I'm not going to answer to all the rest because I'm in class but I'll review & add in whats neccesary in v1.1
Thanks for input

Quote (Rage101 @ Sun, Aug 23 2009, 10:43pm)
Very useful, tracking topic forever. Thanks :)

This made me smile

This post was edited by Eternal_Amaranth on Aug 24 2009 10:31am
Gold: 0.00
Aug 24 2009 10:43am
Quote (Dadster @ Wed, 5 Aug 2009, 12:52)
We are clearly forgetting that -5/+5 rbf only work on ladder trappers minions - this must be true because so many ladder claws & circs being sold with 5/5 jwls ;)

OMG so going in profile...
Gold: 7.18
Warn: 100%
Aug 24 2009 10:46am
tl;dr
Aug 24 2009 10:50am
Quote (darkkobra @ Mon, Aug 24 2009, 11:46am)
tl;dr

Just read whatever class you want.
Gold: 354.00
Aug 24 2009 11:50am
Quote (Eternal_Amaranth @ Mon, Aug 24 2009, 04:31pm)
Most of this is common sense or the skills tell you.
Classic stuff will not be added in here. I've already seen soem sort of guide for stuff on classic like that, and most people that play classic know it already.
Shadow Master will always cast skills that have 2+ points. This is common sense.
Conversion is wrong.
Prayer is useless.
Cleansing & Meditation is common sense.
There is a guide soley for what smite uses / doesn't use.So I didn't add in anything.
I will add in about the Sanctuary ( gotta test the coding first )
Charge is common sense. And it's happened to everybody.
Fend is exactly like zeal. Just a bit converted.
Everybody who's played a zon knows impale is slow.

I'm not going to answer to all the rest because I'm in class but I'll review & add in whats neccesary in v1.1
Thanks for input

This made me smile

barb critical is the most important thing that you omitted...
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll