d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Wwsin For Pvm Guide - By Lemonfish > fun as hell in my opinion
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,075.87
Jul 16 2006 02:06pm
Wwsin/Trap for pvm guide by Lemonfish

Ok this is my first guide, so it would be nice with some feedback

Introduction:

As few days ago I got sick of the cookie cutter builds like hammerdins, lightsorc and such so I wanted to try something really out of the ordinary and thought about and a wwsin came to my mind, so I asked what people thought about a wwsin for pvm, since I haven’t played pvp since v.09. They said it was 100% for pvp, but I was too stubborn, so I decided to make my own wwsin, for pvm and even pvp. And it worked like a charm in my opinion.

The gear:

Armor: Enigma mp because tele and strength and mp because of low strength req(55), but still cool looking and nice def

Helm: Shako because the nice stats like mana, life, skills and dr.

Belt: Arachnid/Verdungo because of the skill and the fcr for teleport or verdu because of dr and life.

Gloves: Trang gloves, because of the fcr and poison dmg.

Boots: Gorerider because of it’s amazing mods like OW, CB and DS

Rings: 2xRaven20 with as much AR as possible, because of the AR, cannot be frozen, mana and the cold absorb

Amulet: Highlords because of DS, ias and 1 all skill

Weapon 1: Chaos with some skills like dragon flight, lightning sentry or venom (df prefers, because you safe 4 skills)

Weapon 2: Eth Bartucs for the skills, dmg, fhr, dex, strength, lifeleech and extra AR, simply amazing weapon at low price.

Weapon on switch: Cta+lidless or spirit if U wanna spend a bit in strength because: well, that’s kinda obvious.

*Note* in pvm ur chaos will loose dura once in a while, and it takes about half a castle to pay for it to get repaired by npc, so when u see the dura is running it, look for a Ort rune and throw Ort+chaos in the cube to get it fully repaired smile.gif

Charms:

Anni 15+/xx/xx

Torch 15/xx

The more stats the better, cause then u won’t have to use any points on strength in the beginning to Enigma.

Enough Res charms to get full res after bo’ed fade.

Trap skillers(?)

Stats:

The standard

Strength: enough for mp after anni+torch
Dex: enough for items after anni+torch, maybe more points for AR, make ur own choice.
Energy: nada, zero, keine, aboslutely no points in here.
Vita: Rest (you should get something between 450-500)

Skill distribution:

Traps:

20 lightning sentry because it’s ur main trap skill

1 shock weap because it’s a synergie, but leave it to be boostet by +skills

5 Charged bolt sentry because it’s a synergie

20 Death Sentry because it’s the fifth trap u’re gonna throw after 4 LS’

Shadow Disciplines:
1 Weapon Block get boostet by +skills

15 claw mastery

20 Venom, because of the huge amount of dmg

10 fade because of res and dr (every lvl = 1% hidden dr)

1 BoS because it’s a nice skill in town tongue.gif

1 Cloak of shadows because it’s a pre req and a nice thing in pvp vs summoners.

1 Mind Blast because it stuns it’s target, nice in pvp AND pvm.

+ 3 pre req = 98 skills, that means you’re done at lvl 87. Choose yourself where to put the rest in. *cough* lightning sentry synergies *cough* tongue.gif

Merc:

Might merc (offensive act 2 nm)

Weapon: Infinity because of conviction – good for traps.

Armor: all the standards like: forti eth, coh eth, shaft eth, levi eth, duress eth. I Prefer Levi because of the strength and dr.

Helm: All the standards: Eth gaze, eth andy, eth delirium and such. I prefer gaze because of leech and dr.

With perf gaze and levi he got 45 dr which is plenty. And Might gives ur claws some more dmg for leech and dmg.

Pvp:

I won’t go into pvp, simply because I don’t do it anymore.

The End:

I have never had so much fun with a char in before, maybe it's because it's my first assasin tongue.gif

Thx for reading.

Ok this was my first guide, so it would be nice with some feedback smile.gif

Let the flame begin

This post was edited by lemonfish on Jul 16 2006 02:34pm
Jul 16 2006 02:47pm
And it's doing fine in duels btw, at least public.

The only thing I bothered testing about duels.

This post was edited by lemonfish on Jul 16 2006 02:48pm
Gold: 2.12
Jul 16 2006 04:31pm
is it working well solo in pvm or are you mainly in parties with other characters?
Jul 16 2006 04:38pm
Quote (Skd23 @ Sun, Jul 16 2006, 10:31pm)
is it working well solo in pvm or are you mainly in parties with other characters?

in 1-2 players it's doing really well, it's doing okay against normal minions and champions in for example pits in 6-8 player imo.

This post was edited by lemonfish on Jul 16 2006 04:38pm
Gold: 0.00
Jul 16 2006 04:59pm
great guide, only thing i hate about it is, the repair costs on a chaos are HUGE, and for pvm ull b repairing alot!
Jul 16 2006 05:01pm
Quote (OffByOne @ Sun, Jul 16 2006, 10:59pm)
great guide, only thing i hate about it is, the repair costs on a chaos are HUGE, and for pvm ull b repairing alot!

That's why if u see an Ort rune, pick it up smile.gif

And Thx!

This post was edited by lemonfish on Jul 16 2006 05:07pm
Jul 17 2006 06:35am
Quote (Skd23 @ Sun, Jul 16 2006, 10:31pm)

Misread -.-

Yes it's working fine in pvm and doesn't need to be partied with others, but in 7-8 u will have a bit time killing lister and his minions, but the rest of baals minions is a piece of cake. And I wouldn't bother killing baal in 8 player games, it simply takes to much time.

It's ok at bosses, if u have infi.( in low player games )

This post was edited by lemonfish on Jul 17 2006 06:40am
Gold: 0.00
Aug 15 2006 06:32pm
Nice & concise guide, well written. Good job. Although, I'm not overly keen on trying a ww assa for PvM. My PvP one struggled in Nm let alone hell! Regardless, nice work man! happy.gif
Banned
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 40%
Aug 26 2006 12:31am
hey man ive tryed with the nigma and brambe is better if u can afford one with 45%+ ps dmg
Aug 26 2006 02:31am
Quote (HoLy_WaRrIoR @ Sat, Aug 26 2006, 06:31am)
hey man ive tryed with the nigma and brambe is better if u can afford one with 45%+ ps dmg

i'd only use bramble in pvp, cause u loose alot of strength and most importantly, no tele which sux!
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll