d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > The1's Every Character Guide
12312Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 80.00
Apr 4 2004 02:36am
wut happened to my character guides?
Gold: 44.00
Apr 4 2004 06:27pm
I dunno dude, I came yesterday and they were gone, I was going to use the sorc one
Apr 4 2004 08:22pm
the sorc one k
Apr 4 2004 08:30pm
[color=red=Guide to a Massive Damage Fire Sorc[/color]
1337 for duels and mfing

First off, this is a guide to do a massive 25k damage fire ball / 50k damage meteor sorceress. It is pure fire, and dont worry about fire immunes ill get to that later, its simple.

THE GOOD
The good to a 25-50k damage sorceress is u can MF in seconds, to pindle run takes 5-10 seconds depending on fire immunities or not, eldrich takes 15-20 seconds after pindle.

Also, when you duel i find that hitting someone with such damage kills them in 1 hit =-P Ive managed to kill people in 2 hits with my 8k fire ball when i was level 50 in duels , and 1 hit if they had 500- life.

The great thing about meteor is it hits 4 yards and does MASSIVE damage, not to mention the fire damage per second is decent too, i got mine to be 3k damage a second, and it lasts for 10 seconds so if u cast 4 meteors u should have a 12k fire damage a second flame going on as u hit em with 50k =-)

Also, dont worry about fire immunes because u MUSt have a killer act5 merc , if u do fire immunes are easy as stepping on shit.

Lets see, what else is good... oh yeah, bragging rights =-P

THE BAD
The only bad i can think of would be no variety. People who like variety will complain but... if less variety has a cost of leetness, ill take leetness.

However, a con would be if ur questing with few people or a lot that suck and u come across a group of fire immune archers... those are a bitch cuz ur merc cant leech off them and he has no shield to block the arrows so he dies soon.

Also, I find that fire sorcs have a hard time dueling against those damn teleport and TS sorcs, just so hard to hit with a fire ball / meteor.

There really isnt too much cons to pure fire, so here is how u do it.

===================-THE-BUILD-====================

Ok guys, First off do ur best at leveling. I find that leveling from area to area in each act in sequence is the best for low level leveling. Start as level 1 and do den, blood, cp, stoney, etc... by the time u get to andy ull be level 17-20 depending on if u were in a 2 screen leeching radius.

Once u get to there hop past act2 and get to act3, start clearing the durence its the best. Once u hit level 25 u can get MASSIVE xp from baal. But not b4 25, if u are 24 for some reason u get shit.. just trust me and start at 25. Once u get to level 40 hop to NM and do the same. Just do ur best from there to level.

Stats

The best Stats u can have for ur sorc with the right gear would be :
156 (tell u why later)
100 Eng
Zero Dex (Duh)
And the rest into Vitality.

I find that putting all points into energy when u first level is best, then do str till u get to 100, then balance vit and str out till u get str to 156. U dont need much life at first cuz ur not melee and doing much but leveling.

Now, for skills, its my pet peve but i like to max warmth first, so when im level 20 ill have 20 warmth. (duh) And then put 1 skill in fire bolt to get fire ball, and move ur way to meteor and fire mastery. Now here is up to u, there are 2 ways to do this but its up to u:

Type 1-Max
Fire bolt
Fire Ball
Inferno
Meteor
Fire Mastery

Reason being is because They are all synergies to eachother and inferno racks up fire damage a sec on meteor (it gets nice)

Type 2-Max
Fire bolt
Fire Ball
Meteor
Fire Mastery
15 in Warmth

The difference is the type 1 sorc has no mana regen, so what u use u better kill, although u should due to massive meteor damage. dont worry though once u leave game and join a new i find mana is full again, but not health =-P

Next, put 1 skill in static, freezing armor (the melee one), tele, ts and finally Energy Shield. (a must for all sorcs)

===================-The-Gear-====================

Now i warn u this is for a top of the line sorceress and most of you cannot afford it like i can yet, but keep MFing like i did and u will in 1 week.

The PVP Set up-
-Eldrich orb (sock w/ fire rainbow)
-Shako (sock /w fire rainbow)
-SS (sock /w fire rainbow)
-Leviathan Kraken Shell (sock /w fire rainbow)
-Mage Fists
-Arachnid Mesh Belt
-War Travs or Any boot with High res and nice vit stats
-Tal rashas amulet or 25+ maras amulet if u dont have res charms
-The rings are up to u, but i find that good old sojs work nice for fire sorcs, if u are fighting a sorceress use wisp rings for 15% light res, or ravens or dwarfs, depending on what elemental sorc u are up against. rings arent that important due to the fact that if ur fast u wont get hit.

==================The Inventory===================

GET URSELF AN AHNALIUS CHARM (sp?)
After that, get urself 5 Fire skill charms, preferably with some life on it, and then get urself some 12+ All res GC's, and fill the bottom 1x1 row of space up with light/cold/fire res Sc's. If u dont think u need resists, feel free to replace the large GCs with more Fire skill GCs.

by this time u will have 35-45 level skills on the ones u maxed, and all ur 1 point skills like static and energy shield will be good enough just as they are.

Your skills will show damage as 13k fire ball and 26k meteor if u are level 40+, however, do remember that rainbow facet jewels do bring all enemies res down 20%, as Eldrich orb adds on 20% more damage. That (with math) will add on 40% damage to ur enemies, to bring u to the 25-50k damage.

==================-THE STRAGEGY-=================
U can be cheap, or u can be bold. If you are cheap stand near the town wall and cast fire ball at everyone killing them in 1 hit, if u are bold go out more and cast meteor to distract them and fire ball to kill them. Remember, unless ur GOOD or lucky u wont hit them with meteor, its just to have them run and divert them so u can plan ur fire ball attack.

================THE MF SET UP (FINNALY)===============
This sorc does a lot less damage but still owns MF mosters in seconds.

There are variables to the set up, choose on ur preference or wealth.

Use-
Shako (um or ist)
Skulder (ptopaz)
Rhyme or 4 Ist Monarch
Arach mesh belt
35-40% Chance gloves
Mara 25-30% amulet (or good rare with +2 skills 25%+mf and res)
Occy (ist)
2 Perf 30% Nagels
45+ War Travs

Reason why i say Um the shako is u really do need some Res for ur sorc to not take damage from elements.

Inventory-
Anh charm (duh)
35+ Gheeds charm
2-3 fire skill charms
and 20+ 5-7% Mf sc's
U really only need a 4x4 space to pick up 1 drop. After the run put ur goods in stash and go again.

Your sorceress should find hereself having 550+ Mf, doing 9k fire ball and 20k meteor. Pindle drops after 1 meteor and 5 fire balls, eldrich a little less.

THE MERC SET UP

Merc is important for Fire sorcs, because they must do what the sorc cant, kill fire immunes and TANK.

The merc must be an Act5 Merc and wear the following:

I find that the best is to use some Damage reduce, either:
-Shaft or Leviathan for armor, sock with an ED jewel or Um rune for res
-Arreats face for LL, or u can use GAze or Tals helm for mad leech, sock with um or ed jewel
-Doom Bringer works NICE with the barb, increasing 20% life and 7% ll with 350+ damage, hes nice. Idealy u want to use a breath of dying sword but... thats far from a lot of peoples hands now.

Dont worry about ur merc for Mf, hes not there to Mf hes there to tank for u and kill.

Ur merc should so 2-3k damage , 2k life and never die unless up against a lot of archer skells. (thats the only time he dies for me)

===============HOW TO HANDLE FIRE IMMUNES============

all u have to do is quickly kill all non fire immunes around the fire immune creature, static the fire immune creature to half life and let ur merc kill in no time at all. Its really simple.

================================================

Ok guys.. thats how to do a killer fire sorc and my first build guide ive ever done, so if u have any questions pm me please. Also,
fire sorcs are really good do the most dmage over any character. So, have fun and go level.

if you want a guide just ask here. Ill put some time into and get it to you.
Gold: 44.00
Apr 4 2004 08:36pm
Oh Wicked dude, Thanks alot.
Gold: 47.50
Apr 4 2004 09:13pm
Type 1-Max
Fire bolt
Fire Ball
Inferno
Meteor
Fire Mastery

uhh inferno? why
Gold: 26.20
Apr 4 2004 09:15pm
Reason being is because They are all synergies to eachother and inferno racks up fire damage a sec on meteor (it gets nice)

he said why ohmy.gif
Gold: 290.00
Apr 4 2004 09:18pm
thanx thats the first guide i have actualy bothered to read
Apr 4 2004 09:31pm
thanx anyways just ask if you need a diff character guide. Ive made many characters that are top pkers.

Here's my old good barbarian guide 1.10

BARBARIAN GUIDE

WW Barb PvP Only!!! And THEY DON'T SUCK
Read the whole thing, and you'll understand (I hope)

After reading this and that how WW Barb sucks cuz no synergy, I am so piss off. I do more than 10K damage with my lvl99 WW Barb. This build is not for everybody, cuz not everyone is so rich, but I just want to prove that WW Barb don't suck cuz they don't get synergy. You would said, this's a 09 build, but telling you this, Barb don't need synergy to be awesome.

You would like a Frenzy barb, but did you think about wasted 40 useful skill points on Taunt and Double Swing just to boost more damage? or you could use those 40 points to keep your barb stay alive longer in a duel, instead of get kill by the first hit, because you already do awesome 10k damage, sooner or later you going to kill them, keeping yourself alive is more important. And Concentration/Berserk barbs are not bad, just WW Barb will have a easier and faster time to hit after teleport in.

Skills:

Max Sword Mastery (Axe is better)
Max Battle Order
Max WW
Max Shout (Explain below)
Max Iron Skin (Explain below)
1 point to Increased Speed
Rest to Natural Resistance

Stats:

Strenght: 110
Dexterity: 210 (If anyone tell you put less than around 200, those people are so new to building a barb, they dont even know what they talking about, It's not all about getting max block, it's mainly for Attack Rating, You don't want to miss your attack, miss = you're dead, and anything with least than around 200 dex, don't even think about hitting my barb with melee attacks (Forgot Ignor defense).
Vitality: Rest
Energy: Base

Gears:

Weapon 1: Botd eth cb (I want a axe barb instead)
Weapon 2: 2 Echo Mace (Jav works the same)
Helm: Arreats (15/40)
Armor: Enigma (1334 Defense)
Shield: 09SS (15/40)
Boot: imp shanks
Glove: Soul Drainer , draculs , or ik gloves or steel rends.
Belt: Nosferatu's Coil (10% Slow Target, 7% Life leech, 10% IAS, +15 Strength)
Amulet: Highlord or Rising Sun (Depends on duel)
Rings: Raven Frost, Wishper, Dwaft (Depends on duel)

Inventory:

14 290pdsc
21 3/20/20 life sc
3 3/20/16 life sc
2 3/20/15 life sc

How This Works:

Battle Order boost my life almost 5K, Shout and Iron Skin works so wonderful in duel, I don't even know how to tell you this, My defense is boosted to sky high, Charge Pally, any type of Barb, Wolf Druid, and all melee Pker is hopeless, I could let you hit me all day, and you can't kill me in 1 nor 2 hits, higher defense equal harder to take hit from all melee Pker and plus 75% max block.

You would start wondering, my super high defense can't block Hammerdin's hammer, FireBall, Bone Sprit, ect. Here is your answer, for example, My 11k dmg Hammerdin takes exact 4 hammers to kill me, cuz I have almost 5K Life dude, when they cast hammer and couldn't move, I took that chance to teleport in and WW, OMG, killing those Hammerdin is so easy, same with those Pk necro and sorc, of couse, if you pk with 800x600, you would have a harder time.

Most important, WW will give you a easier time to hit people after teleport in, because they don't just stand there and let you hit them (Well............. maybe some newbs will just stand there and let you hit them till death), I am talking about expert Pker, so get a attack lock on them is not as easy as it sounds. Teleport and WW is just too godly as a combo.

This post was edited by The1 on Apr 4 2004 09:43pm
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Apr 5 2004 12:50pm
I love it , don't even have to think , does that make me a bad d2 player?? hehe
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
12312Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll