d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > Should I Lower My Standards
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 224.00
Feb 27 2023 03:06am
Quote (JessiWan @ 24 Feb 2023 04:34)
You mean like cold approach? I am not brave enough for that. The most I'd do is approach guys I already know to some degree, ie, guys I work with.

I think women tend to underestimate how difficult it is to walk up to an attractive stranger and strike up an interesting conversation. And not the type where it's the end of the night and everyone is drunk. But yeah, that's another story. I'm not sure if it's a troll thread either, but fuck it, I'll write a few things down.

The thing with relationships is that the more you want it, the less likely it is that you'll have a successful one. People smell desperation from a mile away. How to avoid being desperate and asking question on sites like this? By being happy with being on your own. By actually accepting that life is amazing on your own and that while a relationship might be nice, it will not define who you are or how happy you are. A relationship can add something to you life, but it's never the basis you build something on. That mindset will take you much further in life. The same by the way applies to a career and other things you might think that you'll have in a near future.

However, things won't come at you automatically. You need to meet people. Work can help, but if you're in a job that's kind of whatever then you probably meet people that are kind of whatever and partially because you're only a whatever kind of version of yourself there. So do other things: find new hobbies or expand on existing ones, go out, take your friends on trips etc. Not to meet a potential partner, but to show the world that you enjoy what you're doing and who you are.

People can smell desperation from a mile away, but they also observe a positive, ambitious, confident, fun and healthy individual from 2 miles away. Be that person. If you end up with a relationship, it's a nice bonus. The real reward is that you feel great in your own skin.
Gold: 1,453.85
Feb 27 2023 09:51am
Quote (Wuben_NM @ Feb 27 2023 01:06am)
I think women tend to underestimate how difficult it is to walk up to an attractive stranger and strike up an interesting conversation. And not the type where it's the end of the night and everyone is drunk. But yeah, that's another story. I'm not sure if it's a troll thread either, but fuck it, I'll write a few things down.

The thing with relationships is that the more you want it, the less likely it is that you'll have a successful one. People smell desperation from a mile away. How to avoid being desperate and asking question on sites like this? By being happy with being on your own. By actually accepting that life is amazing on your own and that while a relationship might be nice, it will not define who you are or how happy you are. A relationship can add something to you life, but it's never the basis you build something on. That mindset will take you much further in life. The same by the way applies to a career and other things you might think that you'll have in a near future.

However, things won't come at you automatically. You need to meet people. Work can help, but if you're in a job that's kind of whatever then you probably meet people that are kind of whatever and partially because you're only a whatever kind of version of yourself there. So do other things: find new hobbies or expand on existing ones, go out, take your friends on trips etc. Not to meet a potential partner, but to show the world that you enjoy what you're doing and who you are.

People can smell desperation from a mile away, but they also observe a positive, ambitious, confident, fun and healthy individual from 2 miles away. Be that person. If you end up with a relationship, it's a nice bonus. The real reward is that you feel great in your own skin.

Thanks for the reply. It's very helpful.
Gold: 1,008.00
Feb 27 2023 10:34am
Quote (JessiWan @ Feb 24 2023 02:28am)
I look for men through work. Work is the chief way I get to meet men. I don't go clubbing or go to bars and I don't use online dating, either.

Just start talkking to ppl no mater where.

I Think one you start to do this you will wonder how easy it is, gl
Gold: 1,453.85
Feb 27 2023 10:59am
Quote (Nitrogen45 @ Feb 27 2023 08:34am)
Just start talkking to ppl no mater where.

I Think one you start to do this you will wonder how easy it is, gl

Thx.
Gold: 1,630.20
Mar 1 2023 10:08am
Hmm. So what exactly are you looking for out of a man anyways?
Gold: 5,290.75
Mar 3 2023 09:46pm
Quote (Wuben_NM @ Feb 27 2023 06:06am)

this. I 10000% agree with you

i dont necessarily think your standars are really high, but who tells you that you have already met someone smart, maybe even attractive and nice but as he didnt look nordic you rejected him before realizing he was "the one"? or that you will meet this guy but you will reject him as he doesnt look etc (?)

thats the problem with physical standars (f*ck it, i have them too ofc, but im just stating the fact the sometimes we are looking for 10 things on the same person and unconsciously reject the person that has 9 but many more things to offer)

i will paraphrase what Wuben_NM said, do what you like and become the healthiest version of yourself, both physical and mentally wise

i used to think the same way: my girl has to be this, and have that etc. I stopped looking for her several years ago and focused on myself. started working on my body, studying, doing the things i liked and suddenly i met a pretty girl, but wasnt expecting anything, we started talking (she was a classmate). first we became friends, until i realized she was special, and then we started dating. the whole process feels amazing when no one rushes nothing

forget that you are waiting for that guy to come, pay attention to yourself and have fun etc etc xD you have to acknowledge that you dont need anybody to be complete. i know a lot of people feel that they need someone at their side, but i was so happy being alone before, seriously:) if my current couple hadnt showed up i would still be a happy version of myself

aaaaaand the other option: go and live in a nordic country :P
Gold: 13,825.00
Mar 5 2023 03:50pm
Pm me
Banned
Gold: 966.00
Warn: 20%
Mar 6 2023 08:14am
I mean if they knew what to do theyd do it
Gold: 26,560.00
Mar 25 2023 12:33pm
hi tiny :) :love: i hope you find love! (im rooting for you)

This post was edited by DrSpock on Mar 25 2023 12:33pm
Gold: 50.00
Mar 27 2023 05:39pm
I'm kinda fat and a geek you into that?
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll