d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > Solo Monk
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 204.44
Feb 14 2023 11:25am
I've never made it to monk before this is my first does anyone have a ok build guide for me
Gold: 8,888.88
Feb 14 2023 01:05pm
Personal preference... based on the characters you have used to get to Monk, you would have an idea of one or two abilities you would choose.

Double-strike (Monk ability) that charges up with Striking/Hitting ... can only be used vs 2+ mob on screen and only hits 2 mob.
Retribution (Barb ability) that charges up with taking damage ... single monster.
Power-strike (Fighter ability) that charges up with Striking/Hitting ... single monster.

If you use a heal charm, you would use Salvation ... note: need good heal type

You can see what items you are able to use, I believe Dagger / Staff & Spears for Weapons and only Robes for armor ... All charms.

If going melee, simple as before ... EE weapon and robe (pref padded) and stat main charm. At starting levels, you may want +Max life on one or more of your TierIII items (if good enough, you can use it/these up to level 10 or 15 before switching out for stat gear).

NOTE: all above is for you to test out for yourself, higher levels will be a struggle as you will take damage more often, thus towning a lot more.

EDIT: grats on Monk... I would personally use a +150 Max life Padded robe (Tier III) if solo'ing vs your 60 ee one at level 10. Key word ... if solo'ing. You may want to find a +Dex level 15 padded robe when you get there.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Feb 14 2023 01:11pm
Gold: 204.44
Feb 14 2023 01:17pm
Ok thanks I was thinking of daggers and wasn't sure what armor tho
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll