d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > Paladin Solo Guide Please
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 204.44
Feb 8 2023 05:33pm
I've never made it this far lol I need to know the best for solo and no heal charm
Gold: 13,425.19
Feb 8 2023 05:43pm
literally the same as you play a barb, 20 int is hardly worth worry about the healing aspect.

max vit and strength and tbh same abilities of powershot and retribution
Feb 8 2023 05:50pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ 8 Feb 2023 17:43)
literally the same as you play a barb, 20 int is hardly worth worry about the healing aspect.

max vit and strength and tbh same abilities of powershot and retribution

Ok cool thanks I didn't know that makes it easier just same as barb
Gold: 8,888.88
Feb 9 2023 07:13am
I sorta agree with Bigheadeds' suggestion.

Retribution (not a pally ability), I would switch with Revenge if you are going to take damage.
Power Strike is a definite if you are using a Normal weapon (not a heavy), but, if using a Heavy weapon, then I would suggest Retribution.

Only two(2) abilities.

Revenge + Power Strike
Revenge + Retribution

The difference here is the armor you are using... if using +Stat armor = Revenge + Retribution BUT... only if you are using HEAVY weapons is a great choice, now if you are using Enhanced Effect armor, you should take Revenge + Power Strike and (AND) when USING a normal weapon.

Example of Normal / Heavy weapon(s) ... Axe = Normal, Battle Axe = Heavy.

Just in case you did not know this.
Feb 9 2023 09:20am
revenge is just a terrible ability for solo.
Also dank should arguably be using /set easy 1
to make mobs only spawn in pairs.

Also revenge is awful in solo. The chances that you get to hit 3 mobs with it is incredibly low, whilst retribution can be used absolutely whenever and has much more benefits when using /set easy 1
The fact it charges slower is completely overshadowed by how much more versatile retribution is.
Feb 9 2023 12:29pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ 9 Feb 2023 07:13)
I sorta agree with Bigheadeds' suggestion.

Retribution (not a pally ability), I would switch with Revenge if you are going to take damage.
Power Strike is a definite if you are using a Normal weapon (not a heavy), but, if using a Heavy weapon, then I would suggest Retribution.

Only two(2) abilities.

Revenge + Power Strike
Revenge + Retribution

The difference here is the armor you are using... if using +Stat armor = Revenge + Retribution BUT... only if you are using HEAVY weapons is a great choice, now if you are using Enhanced Effect armor, you should take Revenge + Power Strike and (AND) when USING a normal weapon.

Example of Normal / Heavy weapon(s) ... Axe = Normal, Battle Axe = Heavy.

Just in case you did not know this.

Ok thanks I'll reroll
Feb 9 2023 12:34pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ 9 Feb 2023 09:20)

Also revenge is awful in solo. The chances that you get to hit 3 mobs with it is incredibly low, whilst retribution can be used absolutely whenever and has much more benefits when using /set easy 1
The fact it charges slower is completely overshadowed by how much more versatile retribution is.

Lol so the skill set up is good
Feb 9 2023 03:42pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ 10 Feb 2023 04:20)

??? Why should Dank be using /set easy 1 when he clearly knows how to play without it? He is a Paladin class is he not? So he has some ideas on how to handle 3 mob spawn.

I chose revenge as an ability because it charges up faster even if you only put in 3 points (48%) compared to 6 ability points (40%) for an ability from another class.
Feb 9 2023 05:42pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Feb 9 2023 09:42pm)
??? Why should Dank be using /set easy 1 when he clearly knows how to play without it? He is a Paladin class is he not? So he has some ideas on how to handle 3 mob spawn.

I chose revenge as an ability because it charges up faster even if you only put in 3 points (48%) compared to 6 ability points (40%) for an ability from another class.

because gear is a thing, i don't understand why he should be levelling up slower by taking more damage of trying to kill 3 mobs at a time.
I also picked him up to help him finish his samurai climb. making his climb easier is what we should be attempting.

There's nothing wrong with your build, but this isn't the right one for him at this time.
Strangely enough, i wouldn't use revenge on my pally on softcore for solo either, mostly because the mobs die too fast for it to charge so i would be using knockdown/powershot and whatever else i feel like, probably doublestrike.

I certainly wouldnt advise my softcore build for him as it makes no sense for him to use that build.
Feb 9 2023 07:55pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ 10 Feb 2023 12:42)
because gear is a thing, i don't understand why he should be levelling up slower by taking more damage of trying to kill 3 mobs at a time.
I also picked him up to help him finish his samurai climb. making his climb easier is what we should be attempting.

@1st sentence: True, gear is a thing, and he is going to take damage none-the-less, and Retribution is not a Pally ability and you have to use 6 ability points towards it to get 40%, whereas Revenge is a Pally ability and only use 3 points for 48% ... NOW, both of these abilities charge up while taking damage because the gear being used is sub par or crap... and yup, Retribution deals more damage to a single monster and Revenge damage is split up over the monsters within the first two(2) columns. However the benefit of Revenge aids the solo'er when encountering Slugslider or Gigabee where they can fill up the slots quickly, AND especially at higher levels when he can NOT kill either of these before they spawn new ones (Call for Help). Oh, there is also Arachnid where it makes a Mirage of monsters to fill up the screen, so Revenge can help by clearing them off faster (first two[2] columns).

There is also another fact that he may not be aware of, the "Flower" looking monster (forgot its name) can call more monsters once the hit points are below 50% as well as switch positions with any other monster that is in the catacomb, thus, this could end up with a full screen of different types of mobs and he may not be able to deal with it.

Yes, the simple solution is to attack the "Flower" monster last ... this is a simple tactic, but we know about it, but he may not, have you taken that into consideration? Well, Revenge helps here as well.

Quote (Bigheaded @ 10 Feb 2023 12:42)

There's nothing wrong with your build, but this isn't the right one for him at this time.
Strangely enough, i wouldn't use revenge on my pally on softcore for solo either, mostly because the mobs die too fast for it to charge so i would be using knockdown/powershot and whatever else i feel like, probably doublestrike.

I certainly wouldnt advise my softcore build for him as it makes no sense for him to use that build.

Actually my build is based on Stat armor (NOT ee) and healing, my post was for Melee build and shrining, this does fit for him at higher levels EVEN if at 55+ he is using some EE armor, that is because he will take more damage more often and thus charging up Revenge &/or Retribution.

Dang, he could go three(3) abilities and only have Revenge @ 48% ... first 3 ability points = level 10 at this time, so the rest of the ability points from here goes into Retribution and Powerstrike... I would say the next 4 ability points towards Retribution (2x% charge) = by level 30, and then the next 6 ability points towards Powerstrike = 40% by level 60... from here he can choose the next 2 ability points... maybe to Retribution.

Again, depends on him.
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll