d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > What Kind Of Guitar Should I Buy?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Feb 6 2023 07:36pm
Absolute beginner, i'm interested in spanish classical guitar, as well as modern accoustic guitar music

wondering if i should buy a steel string (modern), or a classic guitar (nylon strings)?

also, is nylon string guitar good for all chords? ty guys

Gold: 1,500.00
Feb 9 2023 09:56am
go watch some youtube videos on suggestions for the type of guitars youre interested in.

i dont know anything about either of what youre looking for so no help here.

but there is tons of info out there, looking for it in the proper realms ie forums dedicated to them or reddit sub forums ect are going to be way more helpful than anyone here can be
Gold: 1,630.20
Feb 9 2023 11:12am
Sweet Water
Feb 9 2023 11:18am
i came to a conclusion, going to buy a steel string, ty guys
Gold: 8,268.72
Feb 10 2023 10:14pm
wondering if i should buy a steel string (modern), or a classic guitar (nylon strings)?

here in my country (argentina) vendors will always tell you that no matter what you want to play, you "must" start with a classic guitar. that way you get to know the basics of the instrument and since this guitar is more "flexible" (being able to adapt pretty well to all genres) once you develop some skills, you can then pass to the next level: an electric /acoustic guitar or whatever.

I understand that logic, but it is by no means necessary. if you want to start with lets say an electric guitar, go ahead. BUT as KoJ said, check some forums and pages about electric guitars. go to some stores and ask for info, ask if you can try the instruments too, so you listen the different sounds. if you don't feel like doing that, just check on youtube. there are hundreds of tutorials and videos showing all types of guitars. each brand and type has its own particular sound. so it also depends what kind of music you want to play etc. (I'm specifically talking about electric guitars)

im not sure about this question.

a chord is a group of notes played together. ALL guitars (regardless of the type, material, strings, tone, etc) are able to play any chord known so far ;P so, yes. Don't worry. you can play any type of melody, armony, song and piece in any type of guitar you might find. It doesn't matter if you listen to a song where you hear a ukelele, or a piano, or a flute, or a cello, etc. if you know the notes, you can play it on the guitar. as simple as that ;) you can learn to play guitar with an acoustic one. and one day a friend shows you an electric guitar, or a classic guitar, and you will be able to play the same things you learnt with the acoustic one.

if you end up buying a guitar, please share a picture of it, or the brand maybe (?) and if you haven't already and you have other questions, let me know:) I might help you with some info

good luck!
Gold: 122,606.50
Feb 22 2023 07:25pm
Quote (ferf @ Feb 6 2023 08:36pm)
Absolute beginner, i'm interested in spanish classical guitar, as well as modern accoustic guitar music

absolutely classical/nylon strings for beginner, otherwise your fingers will make you suffer for a long time, and you wont be able to practice often.

This post was edited by PKSubban on Feb 22 2023 07:25pm
Feb 22 2023 07:43pm
thanks guys!
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll